Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade laptop w/broken screen/blurry toolbar black screen

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade laptop w/broken screen/blurry toolbar black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge with an Intel I5 processor, 64 bit with no hardware upgrades (stock). I had accidentally stepped on the screen (fell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FrankM9521, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Windows 10 upgrade laptop w/broken screen/blurry toolbar black screen

Hi,
    I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge with an Intel I5 processor, 64 bit with no hardware upgrades (stock). I had accidentally stepped on the screen (fell off my lap and then crunch) which was mangled beyond repair, so I have been using it similar to a tower, with a VGA and/or HDMI connected monitor (my HDMI cable went bad, I picked up a new cable but hadn't hooked it up to the second monitor.
    I started my free upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to 10 last night. I woke up to the black screen/mouse pointer issue which is what brought me to this thread. I tried the recommended fix:
    1. Hit ctrl, type in password and enter
    2. Win Key + P + Down Arrow. (Win Key + P only seems to do the same thing)
    This brought up options to
    1. Disconnect projector (Tried this and lost connection to the VGA even after reboot)
    2. Duplicate (Screen is still black with mouse cursor, but I saw a little bit of red and blue pixels at the bottom where the task bar should be until I disconnected and re-connected the VGA, then it was back to black screen and cursor)
    3. Extend (still black screen and cursor)
    4. Connect Projector (still black screen and cursor)
    I'm not sure what to do. I must have some OS installed, because I am able to also perform these operations from my USB Keyboard/Mouse. I'm just not sure how to get Windows back on my VGA connection (I haven't tried HDMI because I did not have it connected when I ran the update.) I thought Duplicate displays would do the trick, but apparently not. For as beat up as the laptop is on the outside, the hardware performs fine. I also have a 2nd laptop (work laptop, also a Lenovo W541) that I can use if any solution involves downloading something bootable.
    Any suggestions?

:)

FrankM9521, Oct 9, 2015
  2. NCKCYJ Win User

Youtube not playing in IE 11

My YouTube is not playing at all, the screen turns blurry black saying "learn more", and sound stop working as well. Its been few months I've upgraded to windows 10.

Black Youtube screen / No Sound Both In Speaker And Headphones- Original Title

NCKCYJ, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Dell Inspiron 14Z

The only way to get the Laptop to come on is to remove the corrupted hard drive and it will boot to CMOS BIOS. We can see on screen that it does work which confirms the corrupt HD. W 10 download tell the screen to go black on startup. Dell does not accept
    that and crashes. No help from Dell they say it's a W 10 Windows 10 problem not theirs. W 10 says it's an Old Computer and to reinstall the drivers. You can't install the drivers because the computer will not boot with the corrupt HD in it. You can't get a
    generic HD for a Dell. It has to come from Dell. The machine is broken because of W 10.

Richard Stevens 222, Oct 9, 2015
  4. Windows 10 upgrade laptop w/broken screen/blurry toolbar black screen

Nevermind, the whole install was a mess. Last time I'll trust the Windows Update Service to install an OS. Left the laptop off for a few hours as recommended in other posts. Came back and stopped at the boot menu. Only Windows 7 was listed. Making a bootable flash version now. Hopefully that will fix the issue.

FrankM9521, Oct 10, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade laptop w/broken screen/blurry toolbar black screen

1. Windows 10 upgrade laptop w/broken screen/blurry toolbar black screen - Similar Threads - upgrade laptop broken

2. Blurry screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry screen.: Hi, I'm having a problem with my laptop display, when I do something that makes decent workload, my screen appears to be blurry momently, and a simple task like opening a browser tab will make the screen goes black for a moment. I have to restart the computer for the screen...
  3. Blurry screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry screen.: Hi, I'm having a problem with my laptop display, when I do something that makes decent workload, my screen appears to be blurry momently, and a simple task like opening a browser tab will make the screen goes black for a moment. I have to restart the computer for the screen...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade black screen: I was upgrading my laptop to the latest windows 10 version. When I clicked upgrade and restart button from start menu my laptop turned off and instead of showing some percentages of upgrade it turned black and showed nothing since. But laptop itself was still working except...
  5. Black Screen w/ Audio in Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen w/ Audio in Background: Have tried different suggestions.....as per the original post. Helpful suggestions from Lester Bernard, but no luck on any of them. So, here we are again...Original Post: Hi, Have been trying to trouble shoot this issue since Nov. 2020. Screen goes black within a few...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade- Black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade- Black screen: Good Morning.. While upgrading windows 10 black screen appears, my system configuration is corei3 intel hd graphics 3000, 2 gb ram, what shall I do, black screen continues. How should I proceed further? Help me to come out this problem. I start upgrading only after the...
  7. Blurry screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry screen Windows 10: Hello. I bought an Acer nitro 5 AN 515 some months ago, HD screen, but I was really disappointed when a few windows showed up with blurry text. I saw screen text size was set up to 125%. I changed it to 110%. Nothing. I sent the laptop to warranty. The issue remained. I...
  8. Windows boots to black screen w/ no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots to black screen w/ no cursor: I just plugged in a new monitor, and the monitor shows the boot screen, then just shows a black screen, I looked it up on YouTube, and they all said to press Ctrl+alt+del, open task manager, I do somethi g else, but i cant open tadk manager either. Ive restarted my computer,...
  9. Blinking Black screen, Toolbar and Cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blinking Black screen, Toolbar and Cursor: So the toolbar is unresponsive probably because it keeps blinking so using the Start menu or hitting the windows key is not an option, I can ONLY access task manager through safe mode, I've uninstalled my display adapter Or graphics driver, restarted the laptop and logged in...
  10. Blurry screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry screen: I am trying to recording my screen for YouTube, but every app is failing. If it is recording, it will be an little bit lagging (not annoying). How can i fix this? Is this an bug??? On Windows 8.1 it worked fine. Now I have: Windows 10 Pro, 32 bit. This is what I mean....