Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade Options

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade Options in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I've just brought a new SSD to replace my main HDD, I currently have Windows 7 Home 64bit. I wan't to upgrade to Windows 10*Biggrin I'm just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by callumm, Jul 28, 2015.

1. callumm Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Options

Hello!

I've just brought a new SSD to replace my main HDD, I currently have Windows 7 Home 64bit.
    I wan't to upgrade to Windows 10*Biggrin I'm just not too sure on the best option, from what I understand I have a few options, I am just unsure of how the licensing/activation works?

I could create a system image of my current Win 7HDD and restore it onto the SSD then upgrade to Win 10; then perform a clean install
    What about upgrading my current Win7 HDD to Win 10; creating a system image of that then restore onto the SSD and perform a clean install (I'm sure Win10 has a clean install feature?)

Now here is what I would prefer to do, download the Windows 10 ISO file and create a disc, usb etc then install on my SSD, I'm not too sure how the licensing/activation would work? Any help?

*Smile

:)

callumm, Jul 28, 2015

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Missing Operating System after Windows 10 download

Is there anywhere to download replacement OS for Windows 7 Home Premium? Mine crashed on Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 10 upgrade frustration, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade Options

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Options - Similar Threads - Upgrade Options

2. I upgraded my windows 10 to 11 and it deleted the option for a window hello how can I fix that

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my windows 10 to 11 and it deleted the option for a window hello how can I fix that: I upgraded my windows 10 to 11 and it deleted the option for a window hello how can I fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-windows-10-to-11-and-it-deleted-the/57faef38-1157-4b0a-af25-7186be9bd39a
  3. I upgraded my windows 10 to 11 and it deleted the option for a window hello how can I fix that

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I upgraded my windows 10 to 11 and it deleted the option for a window hello how can I fix that: I upgraded my windows 10 to 11 and it deleted the option for a window hello how can I fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-windows-10-to-11-and-it-deleted-the/57faef38-1157-4b0a-af25-7186be9bd39a
  4. In Place Upgrade of Server 2012 Essentials to 2016 Essentials - Keeps Files & Apps Option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Place Upgrade of Server 2012 Essentials to 2016 Essentials - Keeps Files & Apps Option...: I'm trying to do an in place upgrade of a server running Server 2012 R2 Essentials to Server 2016 Essentials as a temporary patch until a new server is installed in January. However, when I get to the selection as to keep everything or not The option to keep existing files...
  5. In Place Upgrade of Server 2012 Essentials to 2016 Essentials - Keeps Files & Apps Option...

In Place Upgrade of Server 2012 Essentials to 2016 Essentials - Keeps Files & Apps Option...: I'm trying to do an in place upgrade of a server running Server 2012 R2 Essentials to Server 2016 Essentials as a temporary patch until a new server is installed in January. However, when I get to the selection as to keep everything or not The option to keep existing files...
  6. My laptop running on windows10 is not showing option for upgradation to windows 11, how can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop running on windows10 is not showing option for upgradation to windows 11, how can...: My laptop running on windows10 is not showing option for upgradation to windows 11, how can I upgrade to Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-running-on-windows10-is-not-showing/0af42a32-8ff5-4f56-af07-6b8b415d95ab
  7. My laptop running on windows10 is not showing option for upgradation to windows 11, how can...

My laptop running on windows10 is not showing option for upgradation to windows 11, how can...: My laptop running on windows10 is not showing option for upgradation to windows 11, how can I upgrade to Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-running-on-windows10-is-not-showing/0af42a32-8ff5-4f56-af07-6b8b415d95ab
  8. My laptop running on windows10 is not showing option for upgradation to windows 11, how can...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How can I upgrade OS when Windows Update fails, Reset PC fails, Recovery option fails?

How can I upgrade OS when Windows Update fails, Reset PC fails, Recovery option fails?: Windows update succeeds on Windows defender only. The notification says my computer is missing important security updates but when I click check updates it goes nowhere and leaves me with same notification Did the troubleshooter and Update Assistant.. Repeated attempts to...
  10. How can I upgrade OS when Windows Update fails, Reset PC fails, Recovery option fails?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I upgrade OS when Windows Update fails, Reset PC fails, Recovery option fails?: Windows update succeeds on Windows defender only. The notification says my computer is missing important security updates but when I click check updates it goes nowhere and leaves me with same notification Did the troubleshooter and Update Assistant.. Repeated attempts to...