Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade problem

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got an older PC with a Intel Core 2 6600 CPU and currently run Windows 8.1 When I check to install Windows 10 I get the message that my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hgroth, Jul 31, 2015.

1. hgroth Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem

I got an older PC with a Intel Core 2 6600 CPU and currently run Windows 8.1
    When I check to install Windows 10 I get the message that my computer cannot
    run Windows 10 due to the porcessor. I checked it with CPUID and all required
    parameters are met. Can I upgrade my computer?

:)

hgroth, Jul 31, 2015

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Missing Operating System after Windows 10 download

Is there anywhere to download replacement OS for Windows 7 Home Premium? Mine crashed on Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 10 upgrade frustration, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Windows 10 upgrade problem

If you are using 8.1 I don't see why it won't run 10.
    I would try it, it should refuse to install if it see's a problem.

Be sure you do the upgrade from 8.1.

Be sure you make a back up first to a external drive, just in case there is a problem.

Edit:
    You can use the upgrade tool here: Windows 10

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jul 31, 2015
  5. hgroth Win User
    The only way I can install it then is with the DVD image or USB since the upgrade option determined
    my computer's CPU is not compatible. Also My other PC, 3 yrs old, does not get the notifications icon for
    the Windows 10 upgrade and I am running Windows 7 Pro with all the updates current.

hgroth, Aug 1, 2015
  6. I would be surprised if that works. I tried something similar on a really old (XP-era) laptop and it failed.

But, with this Win10 upgrade, it's surprising what works and what does not!

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade problem

1. Windows 10 upgrade problem - Similar Threads - upgrade problem

2. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  3. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  4. Problem upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 Enterprise: HiOne of my friends ran into a problem when she tried to upgrade her Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 EnterpriseAccording to the upgrading tool her CPU, memory and disk space were all ok, but...Her regarding her operating system for the upgrade to windows...
  5. Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10: I bought a new HP PC that came with windows 10. I received a notification that I can upgrade to windows 11 for free, which I did. I have continued to stay updated since then and my PC now runs on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2.I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows...
  6. Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10

Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10: I bought a new HP PC that came with windows 10. I received a notification that I can upgrade to windows 11 for free, which I did. I have continued to stay updated since then and my PC now runs on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2.I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows...
  7. We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...: We have two Windows-based PCs.Both are only running Windows security no Kaspersky, etc..Both are running the same applications.They were both on Windows 10.We agreed to the free upgrade on both.One of them upgraded to Windows 11 without any trouble.The other refuses to be...
  8. We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...

We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...: We have two Windows-based PCs.Both are only running Windows security no Kaspersky, etc..Both are running the same applications.They were both on Windows 10.We agreed to the free upgrade on both.One of them upgraded to Windows 11 without any trouble.The other refuses to be...
  9. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  10. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...