Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 87%, even after troubleshooting

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 87%, even after troubleshooting in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; PC Specs: Windows 8.1 64-Bit Zoostorm Gaming PC Intel Core i7-4770 16GB DDR3 Ram 1,333Mhz Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 1TB Western Digital 7200 RPM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by garymarkfuller, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 87%, even after troubleshooting

PC Specs:

Windows 8.1 64-Bit
    Zoostorm Gaming PC
    Intel Core i7-4770
    16GB DDR3 Ram 1,333Mhz
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
    1TB Western Digital 7200 RPM SATA
    6 * HD partitions: 300MB Recovery, 260MB EFI System, 919.32GB NTFS (C*Smile, 451MB Recovery, 350MB Recovery, 10.74GB Recovery

Troubleshooting:

Removed all non-essential peripherals
    Deleted graphics driver
    Deleted all old unused drivers
    Attempted install in VGA mode (prior to this the best achieved was restarting prior to copying settings before hanging)
    Repeated attempts (at least 5)

I've managed to install Windows 10 on two laptops (Toshiba Satellite L50-B-1HU with additional 8GB Ram, and a Sony Vaio SVE1511P1E with 256GB replacement Western Digital HD), an old desktop PC, and a Toshiba Encore tablet without issue (bar an ongoing issue with a Toshiba laptop that's affecting Ubuntu as well - likely HD related). All using the same Windows Live email login.

Any assistance gratefully received.

:)

garymarkfuller, Aug 16, 2015
  2. M1ckx9 Win User

Windows 10 stops configuring at 87% and then says failed.

Thanks BRCjr!

I think you are on to something here. I had similar issue with my notebook. After a successful upgrade of my desktop, my notebook got stuck at 87% and failed - no rhyme or reason. Took about two hours to get to 87%, and a total of 10 hours to fail. Like
    you suggested, I turned off the Bullguard firewall and anti-virus as well, then ran the upgrade. Took about 45 mins to get to the 87% mark, and then successfully completed the upgrade within 4 hours.

M1ckx9, Aug 16, 2015
  3. kuz214 Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99% for hours

Do you mean 4 to 7 hours from when I started, or 4 to 7 hours after it became stuck at 99%?

Will the free upgrade period be extended past today, for people that are experiencing these difficulties?

kuz214, Aug 16, 2015
  4. cinoS Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 87%, even after troubleshooting

I am having same problem, I have:
    I5 Quad 3.30Ghz
    16GB DDR3
    2TB
    GTX 750 Ti 2GB DDR5

cinoS, Aug 19, 2015
  5. In the end I solved my issue.

I got Microsoft to remotely run the install. What they did was download the ISO from Windows 10, mount it on my desktop, and then run the install. They skipped downloading updates during the process.

Can't be sure it'll work for everyone, but worth a go.

garymarkfuller, Apr 6, 2016
  6. cinoS Win User
    Thx for the reply, luckily i solved the issue i was having within the same week of encountering it. I had tried ALOT of things to make it work, but in the end i updated the bios for my motherboard and it resolved the issued.

cinoS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 87%, even after troubleshooting

1. Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 87%, even after troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Upgrade stuck 87%

2. Stuck at windows troubleshoot after using Mdsched.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at windows troubleshoot after using Mdsched.exe: I saw a video says that use Mdsched.exe to fix memory problems if there any, i used it in the cmd then it send me to recovery page since that i cant go back to windows restarted many times and entered the boot menu to kake sure that the correct boot disk select and still cant...
  3. Stuck at windows troubleshoot after using Mdsched.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at windows troubleshoot after using Mdsched.exe: I saw a video says that use Mdsched.exe to fix memory problems if there any, i used it in the cmd then it send me to recovery page since that i cant go back to windows restarted many times and entered the boot menu to kake sure that the correct boot disk select and still cant...
  4. Stuck at windows troubleshoot after using Mdsched.exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on 87%

Stuck on 87%: I'm currently updating my windows 10 computer and it says "Installing - 87%" its been like that for a hour or 2, I'm not sure if something is interrupting it, Its making me frustrated. If anyone can help I would much appreciate it....
  6. Windows Update stuck at 87%

Windows Update stuck at 87%: I am on Windows 10 attempting to update to version 20H2, from whatever version was immediately before. I am looking in the Settings > Windows Update window. The update downloads successfully, then gets stuck at 87% every time. I have left it running overnight. I have...
  7. Windows 10 Digital License won't activate even after troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital License won't activate even after troubleshooting: The Motherboard is the same. Previously I had Windows 10 on a virtual machine, and the digital license worked in that case, however - recently, I've decided to dual boot Linux and Windows 10, and everything seems to work correctly except for the fact that the digital license...
  8. Chrome 87 is out with massive performance upgrade on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome 87 is out with massive performance upgrade on Windows 10: Google has introduced a new set of features in Chrome 87 that could reduce Chrome’s memory and CPU usage significantly on Windows 10. Google Chrome 87 introduces tab throttling and other tweaks to make the browser faster on devices with Windows operating system. Google can...
  9. Cannot re-install Windows 10 - even after following troubleshooter

Cannot re-install Windows 10 - even after following troubleshooter: My laptop has been running slowly for a while - McAfee and Malware Bytes do not turn up anything, so I have decided to re-install Windows to see if that helps, as it has been through a lot of update cycles. I followed this:...
  10. Even after upgrade to windows 10 computer often stuck in restart loop

Even after upgrade to windows 10 computer often stuck in restart loop: Hello, You are my last chance, please help <3 My windows 7 PC was hard to start and restart and I needed to try 10 times or more before it worked (then I didn't restart it for days). I managed to upgrade it to Windows 10 hoping that it will cure the problem BUT...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 stuck on 87%

2. win 10 download 1903 stuck 87%

3. windows 1903 87%

4. windows update stuck at 87,
  5. windows update 87%,
  6. windows 10 update 1903 stuck on 87%,
  7. windows 10 update stuck at 87%,
  8. 1903 update fails at 87%,
  9. windows 1903 stops on 87%,
  10. windows system restore stuck at 87%