Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible"

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to upgrade Windows 10 November Update to Anniversary Update. I ran the Windows 10 Upgrade Tool and it said "Display is not compatible"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheAmazingGuy, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible"

I wanted to upgrade Windows 10 November Update to Anniversary Update. I ran the Windows 10 Upgrade Tool and it said "Display is not compatible"

Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics
    Direct X 12
    1st Monitor: 1920x1080
    2nd Monitor: 1360x768

Thank you!

:)

TheAmazingGuy, Aug 4, 2016
  2. farby Win User

my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

Connect the Phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer search for this file. If you find it Delete from there .. See if it works .

farby, Aug 4, 2016
  3. my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

i hav C6 n it is givin me error when i delete the broken images it displays "systen error" although i dont have any images in my phone memory n m not usin memory card also... plzz help..

omkar_bartakke, Aug 4, 2016
  4. SYS
    Sys Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible"

You might check to see if you have any remote access drivers installed like LogMeIn, Teamviewer, GoToMyPC, etc. Look for them in Device Manager and just delete/uninstall them.

You can always reinstall anything if still needed.

5. You could unplug your second monitor, just to be on the safe side. I've hit this error on a few systems at work, and they've all had LogMeIn installed. If you have one of those, check Device Management under Display Adapters. To resolve the issue, I right-clicked, and chose Uninstall on the LogMeIn Mirror Adapter.

DeaconFrost, Aug 4, 2016
  6. I found a driver under "Display Adapters" called "Mirage Driver". Does that have to do with anything?

7. SoFine409 Win User
    I had the same thing happen to me with a dual monitor display. I just downloaded the ISO put it on a thumb drive, mounted it, and then did an in place upgrade. Problem solved.

SoFine409, Aug 4, 2016
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible"

I tried the Media Creation Tool and selected "Upgrade this PC" a while ago. And it failed

9. That's most likely it. A quick Google says it could be part of some software called DemoForge? If not, it is part of some software package, and likely what is causing the issue.

DeaconFrost, Aug 4, 2016
  10. I will remove the driver. I will make a System Restore point before trying to remove it

11. When i uninstalled the driver and tried the compatibility check again. It said my display is compatible! Thank you all for your help! My PC is currently downloading the Anniversary Update now.

TheAmazingGuy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible"

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible" - Similar Threads - Upgrade Tool says

2. Display Problems and Compatibility issues in Window 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Problems and Compatibility issues in Window 10.: I have HP laptop and it often happens that the my browser doesn't show the websites how they are supposed to appear. Some images just wont appear, the menu and other header options are all jumbled. This might be happening because of the windows installed and is not compatible...
  3. Tools/compatibility view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tools/compatibility view: How to find Tools/Compatibility View ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolscompatibility-view/29a2def4-9d6b-43ff-86d8-93f6dec2b9de
  4. Intel(R) HD Graphics display driver not compatible With Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel(R) HD Graphics display driver not compatible With Windows 10 upgrade: I have multiple machines that I am upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and many of them fail the upgrade due to incompatible software. some digging around showed that there are some Intel(R) HD Graphic display drivers are not compatible with Windows 10. On a test machine...
  5. Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error: [ATTACH] Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8 or even upgrading to a newer version of Windows 10 from an older version of the same is not so simple. No matter if you are using the Windows 10 [...] This post Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10...
  6. QuickBooks not compatible with Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    QuickBooks not compatible with Windows 10 upgrade: When I upgraded to Windows 10 my 2016 version of QuickBooks would not load. I keep getting a box that says Windows is shutting down.....
  7. BitLocker says that it is not compatible Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker says that it is not compatible Windows 10: Hello! I've got a problem with Bitlocked USBI enabled BitLocker on it approximately 3 months agoFrom that time I hadn't used this driveAnd when I plug in it now, it says that Bitlocker encryption is not compatible with current windows versionAnd tells me to try newer...
  8. compatible windows 10 display driver?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    compatible windows 10 display driver?: Successfully upgraded my satellite c655-s5128 from windows 7 to windows 10. Native screen resolution was 1366x768 but now the only choices are 1024x768 or 800x600. Is there a driver that is compatible with my display and windows 10? I know intel is not directly supporting the...
  9. Windows says my display isn't compatible - but it meets their specs

Windows says my display isn't compatible - but it meets their specs: The W10 compatibility test says that my graphics card - an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 - is not compatible with Windows 10, but I think it should be - it meets their minimum requirements of DirectX 9 with WDDM 1.0. Any suggestions/ideas please? Cetrtainly the graphics on my current...
  10. Important tool for Windows 10 Upgraders

Important tool for Windows 10 Upgraders: I have been trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Pro PC to Windows 10 all week and with the help of a Microsoft 2nd level Support Tech we were finally successful. His conclusion was that even though there were no corrupted System files on my PC, my PC suffered from a great deal of...