Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade unsuccessful multiple times

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade unsuccessful multiple times in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Everytime I try to update my windows 7 to windows 10, the update stops at 99%. Once, it reached 100% but then failed. I'm using Lenovo Z570. Even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Divyanshu Shah, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 upgrade unsuccessful multiple times

Everytime I try to update my windows 7 to windows 10, the update stops at 99%. Once, it reached 100% but then failed. I'm using Lenovo Z570. Even Microsoft help chat section was of no use.

:)

Divyanshu Shah, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade unsuccessful multiple times

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade unsuccessful multiple times

1. Windows 10 upgrade unsuccessful multiple times - Similar Threads - upgrade unsuccessful multiple

2. Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account: Every time I check my recent microsoft activity, there is someone trying to sign into my account multiple times an hour. It's extremely distressing for me because my Microsoft Account is very valuable. Is it one person attempting to hack my account multiple times a day? Or is...
  3. Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple "unsuccessful" sign in attempts on my account: Every time I check my recent microsoft activity, there is someone trying to sign into my account multiple times an hour. It's extremely distressing for me because my Microsoft Account is very valuable. Is it one person attempting to hack my account multiple times a day? Or is...
  4. multiple 10 upgrades

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple 10 upgrades: Can I get more than 1 copy of 10 on my PC with free 10 upgrades? I mainly use 7, but I installed another licensed copy of 7ultimate on my PC with dual boot and did the 10 upgrade. I rolled it back to 7 after a couple of days. I backed up my activation of 7. I then installed...
  5. multiple 10 upgrades

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple 10 upgrades: Can I get more than 1 copy of 10 on my PC with free 10 upgrades? I mainly use 7, but I installed another licensed copy of 7ultimate on my PC with dual boot and did the 10 upgrade. I rolled it back to 7 after a couple of days. I backed up my activation of 7. I then installed...
  6. multiple 10 upgrades

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 inline upgrade on Windows 7 unsuccessful

Windows 10 inline upgrade on Windows 7 unsuccessful: Hi, I am performing an inline Windos10 upgrade on Windows7. Here is setup log. I am not able make much sense of the errors in the log. And need expert advice please? ==================================================================== 2020-08-07 18:53:32, Error...
  8. Upgrading to Windows 10 2004 failed multiple times

Upgrading to Windows 10 2004 failed multiple times: I have tried several time to upgrade my system to 2004 but it fails with various messages, the latest being a "0xC1900101" error. I tried the suggestions on this page "https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/10587/windows-10-get-help-with-upgrade-installation-errors" but to...
  9. Tried multiple times to do Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade on desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Tried multiple times to do Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade on desktop: I just joined this forum today, so I am brand new. Both my desktop and laptop were Windows 7 systems that I successfully updated over a year ago to Windows 10. The desktop never changed the version showing when I use the winver command - still Windows 10 Build 10240....
  10. Trying unsuccessfully to upgrade to Windows 10

Trying unsuccessfully to upgrade to Windows 10: Hi- I have been trying unsuccessfully to upgrade my Win 8.1 desktop to Win 10 despite all the help on your excellent tutorials. The PC was originally Win 8 and has SSD for drive C: When I originally set it up I moved the user folders to HDD Drive I: using the Sysprep as...