Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade using shared network key

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade using shared network key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I m have activated my windows 7 on laptop using same shared key used for my business computers. If I will upgrade my laptop to windows 10, will it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by disha26, Nov 13, 2015.

1. disha26 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade using shared network key

I m have activated my windows 7 on laptop using same shared key used for my business computers. If I will upgrade my laptop to windows 10, will it affect other computers which are using same key. Please provide response asap.
    Thanks

:)

disha26, Nov 13, 2015
  2. Bud Olson Win User

Windows 10 WEP Wireless Network Connection

I have a home network set up with WEP security using a shared key.
    I realize this is poor security, but it is the only security supported by me shared printer and I live in a rather isolated location so I am not concerned.
    After upgrading to Windows 10, I have not been able to connect to my network.
    WEP security is provided as a choice during manual connection, but the shared key is not provided as a choice and Windows 10 refuses to connect to the network.
    How can I connect Windows 10 to my wireless network?

Bud Olson, Nov 13, 2015
  3. Cannot access shared network folders after Windows 10 upgrade

My computer automatically upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7). Prior to the upgrade, there was shared access between a Windows 10 computer and the Windows 7 computer.

Post upgrade, it's now asking me to enter Network Credentials (username and password) to access the previously shared network folder(s).

HELP!

StephenPaolini, Nov 13, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

It won't affect them.

NavyLCDR, Nov 13, 2015
  5. disha26 Win User
    Thanks for confirmation

disha26, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade using shared network key - Similar Threads - upgrade using shared

2. Windows 10 network sharing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network sharing.: hi there, I have 3 computers at home, 2 with windows 10 pro version 2004 and 1 with windows 10 home version 2004. PC 1 is windows 10 pro 2004 edition printers connected locally PC 2 is windows 10 pro as well. PC 3 is home edition. PC 2 and 3 need to connect to PC 1 to...
  3. Windows 10 network sharing.

Windows 10 network sharing.: I have 3 computers on my private network, A, B and C. All are set the same for discovery and sharing. Computer B can access A and C. Computer C can access A and B. However computer A can access only C. What can cause this? Note: access = computer name shows in file...
  4. Windows 10 Networking and Sharing

Windows 10 Networking and Sharing: Two days ago I had all my computers on my private home network seeing all the wonderful shared files folders and directories as I intended. I updated this infernal and constantly disappointing Windows 10 machine and now it can't be seen or see any of the home network. In my...
  5. Windows 10 Network Sharing

Windows 10 Network Sharing: Hello. This is my first post. My name is Matt. I work in the IT/Telecom field professionally. I am 38 and have been building PCs for over 20 years. I'm not PC/networking ignorant, but there is always more to learn, so I humbly ask for assistance. So, I have a seemingly...
  6. Network Sharing in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Network Sharing in Windows 10: "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" after updated in Windows 10? I added permission "EVERYONE" in security....
  7. Unable to use network sharing with 2 PCs on Windows 10

Unable to use network sharing with 2 PCs on Windows 10: I tried to follow the tutorial listed and checked that the correct services were on and automatic. I also made sure file sharing is on. On my Windows 10 PC I can only see the media for my Laptop but there's nothing in it. On my PC I can see my Laptop but it says not...
  8. Windows 10 network share

Windows 10 network share: Hi there, Being an advanced Windows user I am kind of puzzled on why I am now unable to easily share some folders between my two Windows 10 computers which are sitting on the same network. I have followed the tutorial, indeed my services were switched off (why?) and I can...
  9. network Sharing on my windows 10 is not working as it always used to

network Sharing on my windows 10 is not working as it always used to: [ATTACH]it gives me direct error "windows cannot access //computer name" on same computer , and on other devices it not even there , not even discovered., and that error above showed when I click on my PC in the network, on the same computer my computer is there yes and can...
  10. Sharing Network Security Key

Sharing Network Security Key: Hello everyone. I wish to connect my computer to a wireless router. Unfortunately, I don't not know the password for the wireless router. While I do know how to reset the password, other people will no longer be able to connect to the router, if I were to change the password....