Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I figured as much. Really just thinking of a really bad worst-case scenario where the upgrade went horribly wrong and you were faced with clean install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kuyenmotdivad, Apr 27, 2015.

1. CountMike New Member

Windows 10 Upgrade

Here's one example: "!$#"%&/(?*$##"!~"

CountMike, May 9, 2015
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Even Google can translate that!

f14tomcat, May 9, 2015
  3. I am happy with Windows 10 Pro on my laptop and it is almost time to do my annual spring cleaning on my main computer, a clean install. Should I install 10 now rather than wasting a lot of time installing 8.1? I think I already know the answer, backup and do it, just want some confirmation that Microsoft won't force me to do another clean install when Windows 10 is released.

alkaufmann, May 9, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Windows 10 Upgrade

I'm afraid that even MS didn't come out clean on weather even RC or RTM will be available to upgrade to from TP so it's stil a case of "damned if you do and damned if you don't". I, myself, keep one of each in dual boot on separate disks. One of this days MS will decide for me.

CountMike, May 9, 2015
  5. Thanks, that is about what I thought too. I decided to clone my current system to a removable hard drive and then "upgrade" to Windows 10. I will wait for the clean install until Windows 10 is released. I want to avoid being damned to do a clean install twice.

Just finished the upgrade and it went pretty smooth. I like how the installer checked my system and told me I had nothing to worry about. First thing I needed to do was get a beta Windows 10 driver from Nvidia. A few other minor things I needed to do, but was sure a Hell of a lot faster than a clean install. *Party

alkaufmann, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade

1. Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. The annoying upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The annoying upgrade to Win 11: Is Microsoft TRYING to annoy...
  3. The annoying upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The annoying upgrade to Win 11: Is Microsoft TRYING to annoy...
  4. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?: i have a windows 8.1 fully updated since I manualaly installed the most recent update and I have the requirements to upgrade to windows 10 so i run the media creation tool and do the windows 10 install process but right when it fully finishes it says undoing changes i was...
  5. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?: i have a windows 8.1 fully updated since I manualaly installed the most recent update and I have the requirements to upgrade to windows 10 so i run the media creation tool and do the windows 10 install process but right when it fully finishes it says undoing changes i was...
  6. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  8. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  9. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  10. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...