Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgraded to Retail?

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgraded to Retail? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought an 8.1 Home from WalMart so it's a retail package. Upgraded and loving it. However I am curious if I was to go back to Linux and virtualize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jmgibson1981, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Upgraded to Retail?

I bought an 8.1 Home from WalMart so it's a retail package. Upgraded and loving it. However I am curious if I was to go back to Linux and virtualize windows 10 how would that work? I don't want to go through a whole reinstall process if it won't work and I'd have to go back to Windows anyway.

Would it just give me a phone number to call with the code or what?

:)

jmgibson1981, Aug 18, 2015

2. Windows Task Bar unresponsive

Reverting back to 7 is not possible, who would of guessed? God damn wheres the **** support for this ****!

I have also tried to use an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet and the same or similar problems arise (not being able to access the flashing or none flashing taskbar with along with the windows associated programs). I suppose the direction windows
    is going, that internet is just a useless thing of the past??

Windows 11 or "9" must be the answer to the inbred thinking to windows 10. AWFUL COMPANY AND PRODUCT! thanks for the damn support Windows 10 Upgraded to Retail? ;) i feel appreciated as a customer.

downgraded to 10, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Windows Task Bar unresponsive

I will just disregard this message and revert back to Windows 7. This has been very disappointing. This is a Microsoft upgrade and a Microsoft issue, which there is minute support for. I use this computer for work purposes, and this experience has done nothing
    but conflict the way I make my money. Therefor, I will not be wasting my money on a company that has no interest in supporting their customers or taking the time (three years obviously was not nearly enough) to make sure,
    their product, is fully functional before it is pushed out.

Please ignore this entire post unless there is a known fix or an update that solves the incompetency of this upgrade. I wish to not waste anymore of my time with dead ends. Wish me good luck in reverting back to 7 as I have little faith in this faulty operating
    system!

downgraded to 10, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Upgraded to Retail?

Maybe wasn't clear. I have a retail 8.1 upgraded to 10 on laptop. Is my 10 key also retail? Or is it locked to the laptop

jmgibson1981, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Bazz Win User
    From what I've read it's locked to the laptop, however if your laptop were to breakdown you can reinstall your 8.1 retail to another machine anytime you like but if the free upgrade offer has expired by then you will not receive the free upgrade.

MS has also said that they will honour retail keys so maybe it would only take a phone call to them to get your new rig activated, there is much speculation on this subject. worst case scenario is your stuck back at 8.1.

I have not seen any feedback as yet from anyone that has needed to do this as the free upgrade is still active, however I'm sure we will see when the free upgrade offer ends.

I hope this answers your question.

6. Not what I wanted to hear but I guess I got 10 for free so I can't complain to much. Thanks.

jmgibson1981, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgraded to Retail?

1. Windows 10 Upgraded to Retail? - Similar Threads - Upgraded Retail

2. My windows retail digital license fails to find my new device, can't upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My windows retail digital license fails to find my new device, can't upgrade: I checked all the info on my old pc see below and it indicates I have a retail digital Windows 10 Pro license. I tried to transfer it to my new PC, but on my new PC Windows doesn't offer it as a device after Activation, troubleshoot, "I recently changed hardware on this...
  3. Windows 10 Pro retail upgraded to Windows 11 replace motherboard with different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro retail upgraded to Windows 11 replace motherboard with different...: I purchased Windows 10 Pro retail for a new system build. I have problems with motherboard, and need to replace it with a new Manufacturer and Model motherboard. I also got the Windows 11 update. I read the horror stories of people who replaced hardware and their Windows will...
  4. Windows 10 Pro retail upgraded to Windows 11 replace motherboard with different...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro retail upgraded to Windows 11 replace motherboard with different...: I purchased Windows 10 Pro retail for a new system build. I have problems with motherboard, and need to replace it with a new Manufacturer and Model motherboard. I also got the Windows 11 update. I read the horror stories of people who replaced hardware and their Windows will...
  5. Transferring Win 10 Retail License Obtained Through Free Upgrade from Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Win 10 Retail License Obtained Through Free Upgrade from Win 7: I had earlier successfully upgraded to Win 10 Home [Retail] from Win 7 Home [Retail]. The computer had some issues with the mainboard/processor and had to be replaced. I want to move this license to a replacement PC. How can I go about this as I dont have the upgraded key for...
  6. Transferring Win 10 Retail License Obtained Through Free Upgrade from Win 7

Transferring Win 10 Retail License Obtained Through Free Upgrade from Win 7: I had earlier successfully upgraded to Win 10 Home [Retail] from Win 7 Home [Retail]. The computer had some issues with the mainboard/processor and had to be replaced. I want to move this license to a replacement PC. How can I go about this as I dont have the upgraded key for...
  7. Transferring Win 10 Retail License Obtained Through Free Upgrade from Win 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license: My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 Home, and then I understand I can use my 10 Pro license to upgrade to 11 Pro for free.What's the...
  9. Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license

Free upgrade from Windows 11 Home to 11 Pro using 10 Pro retail license: My current computer has an activated Windows 10 Pro retail license. I'm planning to replace my current computer by buying a new computer that comes preinstalled with Windows 11 Home, and then I understand I can use my 10 Pro license to upgrade to 11 Pro for free.What's the...
  10. Can I upgrade my OEM windows 10/11 license to pro, and then use it as a retail license on a...

Can I upgrade my OEM windows 10/11 license to pro, and then use it as a retail license on a...: I bought a laptop that came with windows 10, then upgraded to windows 11. I was looking to buy windows 11 pro through the Microsoft store as it is the same price as buying a retail windows 11 home key. I was wondering if I would then be able to use that on a new PC I am going...