Windows 10: Windows 10 usage continues to rise, but users say no to Edge browser

Discus and support Windows 10 usage continues to rise, but users say no to Edge browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The latest figures from multiple analytics firms show that usage of Windows 10 has doubled in the past six months, with as many as one in four Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 usage continues to rise, but users say no to Edge browser

Read more: Windows 10 usage continues to rise, but users say no to the Edge browser | ZDNet

Brink, Jun 2, 2016

2. I think you will see those numbers go up for edge as it gets improved.

:)

orlbuckeye, Jun 2, 2016
  3. After windows 10 upgrade Cpu is at 99% and is very slow

After I upgraded from Windows 8.1 64- bit to Windows 10 my computer keeps rising to 99% CPU and is causing my computer to freeze. My processor is AMD E1-1200 Apu with Radeon(tm)Hd Graphics 1.40 GHz. Installed memory(ram) 4.00 GB. 64-bit Operating System,
    x64-based processor. When ever I open the Microsoft Edge or Firefox browser it rises to 99% and stays there until it freezes. I can't even watch videos on youtube because the Cpu usage for the browser is never below 50% its always above around 80-90%. Any
    help would be greatly appreciated.

MichaelSmith88, Jun 2, 2016
  4. jthomas65 Win User

How do I stop Edge spamming Chrome and Firefox?

no websites

Edge (browser in Windos 10) continues spamming users through windows 10 notifications almost every time the user opens Firefox or Chrome (I almost never use Edge or Explorer)

I'd like to know if there is some system setting to stop spam by Microsoft?

jthomas65, Jun 2, 2016
  5. Bastet Win User
    I, for one will not use Edge until it allows extentions.

Bastet, Jun 2, 2016
  6. JohnBurns Win User
    Agree 100%. What's the hold up on extensions?

JohnBurns, Jun 2, 2016
  7. Same here. I've tried Edge and it's a brilliant browser, but no extensions is a deal breaker for me. Once they implement those so I can use an ad and flash blocker I'd consider using it on a daily basis.

I know you can use extensions on the Insider program but that seems like such a hassle to use, and I don't like the idea of possibly having to re-install W10 if I change my mind.

I'm guessing the anniversary update will enable extensions (hopefully).

RamboMcMutNutts, Jun 2, 2016
  8. Bastet Win User

I think they'll officially arrive with the Redstone/Anniversary update in July. I have noticed though that the video downloader in RealPlayer now has a drop-down menu on Edge for downloading vids.

Bastet, Jun 2, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 2, 2016
  10. larc919 Win User
    Mere improvement won't be good enough, IMO. Edge needs to be at least as good as the best browsers to keep users. It needs to be clearly better to hook those who are already using something else. Edge is still in high school. I'll switch when it has its doctorate.

larc919, Jun 2, 2016
  11. Clintlgm Win User
    Yes I guess edge will have to sneak up on us like IE did. Seems we were all on Netscape and then IE just kind of stepped in and got our attention. Right now using edge is like going backwards to less functionality. Hard to get excited about that Now. IMHO

Clintlgm, Jun 4, 2016
  12. The Edge browser from Microsoft lacks advanced functionality which existed in the now dormant IE. This browser is still slower than most other common alternatives can be safely regarded as a kid in the browser kingdom. It will need years of R&D to be as powerful.

felixair18, Jun 4, 2016
  13. Windows 10 usage continues to rise, but users say no to Edge browser

felixair18, Jun 4, 2016
  14. Anniversary update?It isn't available for GA yet.Your Build is the latest stable build available,not the anniversary update

Sumit Dhiman, Jun 4, 2016
  15. I have used Edge from day one and I find Edge anything but slow.
    It loads fast everything I ask it too, and it is improving all the time

hTconeM9user, Jun 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 usage continues to rise, but users say no to Edge browser - Similar Threads - usage continues rise

2. Windows 11 usage share continues to rise slowly

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 usage share continues to rise slowly: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system continued its slow but steady usage share climb in December 2022. Microsoft released the operating system in late 2021 to the public. Since then, it has gained in usage share, as was expected. [ATTACH] The release of the first stable...
  3. Windows 11 usage share continued to rise in February 2022

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 usage share continued to rise in February 2022: The usage share of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system continued its rise in February 2022 according to AdDuplex. The usage share of newest version of Windows 10, Windows 10 version 21H2, increased as well. [ATTACH] Third-party services track usage share changes of...
  4. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze: My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still freezes. What may be causing the problem and how can it be fixed?...
  5. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze: My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still freezes. What may be causing the problem and how can it be fixed?...
  6. CPU Usage Suddenly Rising to 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Usage Suddenly Rising to 100%: So I just had my PC turn off on me and as I waited a bit, turned it back on and started investigating, I found out CPU usage is jumping to 100% as soon as I open anything and CPU starts to heat up really quickly! Really clueless as to what could be causing this and a google...
  7. Windows 10 is now nagging users to set Edge as the default browser

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is now nagging users to set Edge as the default browser: In late 2018, Microsoft stunned everyone when it announced it was abandoning its EdgeHTML-based Microsoft Edge and would replace its own web rendering engine with the one that powers Chrome. To be fair, classic Edge has a lot going for it but also a lot going against it....
  8. Exponential rise of RAM usage by svchost.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exponential rise of RAM usage by svchost.exe: Hello, I have recollected some information. This svchost is used by the DCOM group; Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher. System Events Broker, Power, DCOM Server Process Launcher and Background Tasks Infrastructure Service. It runs on startup and it progressively gets...
  9. All browsers (Chrome and Edge) continuously don't respond.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers (Chrome and Edge) continuously don't respond.: I have Windows 10 and I have all the updates. What started as my browsers slowing down after 7pm are now happening all the time. Both Edge and Chrome don't respond continuously to the point I can't use them. It's worse with Youtube and Facebook, but even without those two it...
  10. Microsoft Edge Problem saying browser outdated

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Problem saying browser outdated: Hope this is right area I installed Windows 10 with no problems everything was working fine now all a sudden when I open Edge I get a page saying "This site says... Warning your current browser is out of date! A critical security update has been released and you are...