Windows 10: Windows 10 USB boot device not recognising the files

Discus and support Windows 10 USB boot device not recognising the files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought Windows 10 in my local PC world and it came as a USB Flash Drive with an activation key. I tried to boot windows from it and after it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosephCrannis, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 USB boot device not recognising the files

I just bought Windows 10 in my local PC world and it came as a USB Flash Drive with an activation key. I tried to boot windows from it and after it loaded the files it came up with an error message stating "The operating system could not be loaded because the critical system driver is missing or contains critical errors" and that the problem was with:

/windows/system32/drivers/tcpip.sis

Error code: 0xc0000098

We've tried booting many times and with different boot settings but all return with the same.

:)

JosephCrannis, Jul 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    USB wireless mouse 'USB device not recognised'

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reason why this issue has occurred. We have some
    questions for your to isolate this matter:

• Have you tried using the USB mouse to other computer?

• Is this happening with other devices?

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you perform these methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

To run the
    Troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 4:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 5: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

If the issue persists, it is possible that the
    device itself has issues. We suggest that you
    contact the store
    from where you
    bought the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Agility Win User

Windows 10 USB boot device not recognising the files

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 USB boot device not recognising the files

1. Windows 10 USB boot device not recognising the files - Similar Threads - USB boot device

2. USB device not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognised: Hello All,Just suddently, my desktop has this kind of issue which it will occassionally pop up an error message saying "USB device not recognised", even though I removed all of my external USB devices, such as mouse and keyboard.However, my desktop is still working fine...
  3. USB device not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognised: Hello All,Just suddently, my desktop has this kind of issue which it will occassionally pop up an error message saying "USB device not recognised", even though I removed all of my external USB devices, such as mouse and keyboard.However, my desktop is still working fine...
  4. USB device not recognised in WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognised in WINDOWS 10: Hi,I am getting error as "USB device not recognised" in WINDOWS 10 and dont see any device is actually connected. I am getting popup for every alternate second with USB device not recognised message.Could you please help for the fix.RegardsSrinivas...
  5. USB device not recognised in WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognised in WINDOWS 10: Hi,I am getting error as "USB device not recognised" in WINDOWS 10 and dont see any device is actually connected. I am getting popup for every alternate second with USB device not recognised message.Could you please help for the fix.RegardsSrinivas...
  6. USB device not recognised in WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. usb device not recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb device not recognised: hi my laptop keeps beeping and its telling me the last usb i plugged in malfunctioned and windows doesn't recognise it so i should try and plug it in again however i dont have the usb anymore....
  8. usb device not recognised

usb device not recognised: My usb memory stick has stopped working, I get the following message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 A request for the USB device descriptor failed." Any ideas how I might recover the data from the device?...
  9. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: [ATTACH] I keep getting this showing up when this USB works on other computers, just not the computer I need to use it on! the advice from 2015 of; Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices. Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational...
  10. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: Hi, About a month ago, I received a notification on Windows that my "USB device is not recognised" immediately after my mouse stopped responding to my inputs. I tried unplugging and replugging the connector on the only USB device plugged in, my wireless mouse. It worked the...