Windows 10: Windows 10 USB Controller installation issue

Discus and support Windows 10 USB Controller installation issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So this past weekend I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and it went very well. I have a USB Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard and IntelliMouse 2.0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by badaxe2, Aug 11, 2015.

1. badaxe2 Win User

Windows 10 USB Controller installation issue

So this past weekend I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and it went very well. I have a USB Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard and IntelliMouse 2.0 wireless mouse, both of which were prompted to install the software suit first thing after Win10 welcome desktop and worked perfectly.

However, I wanted to have a "clean" install, so today I did a PC Reset. Everything went well til the Win10 screen to enter regional info, when my USB KB/Mouse weren't detected/working. Thankfully I still had an old PS/2 KB/Mouse that worked after a restart.

Here's the problem -

Windows 10 USB Controller installation issue [​IMG]

I used these to check my drivers -

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...pdate-Utility-

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

and Intel said I didn't need any. I know the ports are good because my USB keyboard and mouse both light up during Intel Bios flash but go blank once

Windows 10 starts up.

I'm thinking there was something changed in the registry during the PC Reset that made these controllers incomplete. I also couldn't find anything on

Intel's website to download these drivers either. They tripped these events -

\VEN_8086&DEV_27CB&SUBSYS_58428086&REV_01\3&61aaa01&0&EB

\VEN_8086&DEV_27CA&SUBSYS_58428086&REV_01\3&61aaa01&0&EA

\VEN_8086&DEV_27C9&SUBSYS_58428086&REV_01\3&61aaa01&0&E9

\VEN_8086&DEV_27C8&SUBSYS_58428086&REV_01\3&61aaa01&0&E8

Funny how a clean install is supposed to work better than an upgrade lol.

Thanks for any help!

Intel D975XBX2
    Q6700
    Radeon Sapphire 6870 1GB
    8GB DDR2-800
    Windows 10 Pro

:)

badaxe2, Aug 11, 2015

2. Windows 10 recent Critical Update will not recognise ny USB ports on ACER Aspire E1-570

Acer Aspire E1-570 shipped with Windows 8, upgraded to Windows 8.1, then after a few months to Windows 10.

After the most recent Windows 10 automatic Critical Update (2 weeks ago?) I noticed that only the (master USB port was working.

My other two (slave??) USB ports will not recognise any USB device (which all work OK on my old laptop)

Windows 10 Device manager shows no issues with USB controllers.

Which bit of the USB controllers controls the USB hub?

If I delete this driver, will Windows 10 automatically re-install it on switch on?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Albert Edi, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Windows 10 usb controller device initalization failure

The USB Controller is the one that manages your USB ports. Your USB Controller may be disabled in the BIOS that is why you're experiencing the issue. You need to check if your USB Controller is disabled in the BIOS. If you need further assistance on how
    to do it, you can contact the manufacturer of your computer. To know how to contact the manufacturer of your computer, click
    here.

If you find out that the USB Controller is enabled, the USB Controller driver may be corrupted. You can resolve this by re-installing your Windows 10. To re-install Windows 10, you will need a blank USB flash drive with at least 4 GB of space and a working
    computer. Once you have those, you can download the Windows 10 installer
    here
    . Once you access the link, click
    Download tool now. After downloading the tool, click Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC to see the steps on how you can create an installation
    media so that you can use it to re-install Windows 10. Once you're done creating an installation media, you can now start re-installing Windows 10. Please take note that this will delete all of the files on your computer.

If you're still experiencing the issue, the USB ports may be defective. If that is the case, you need to contact the computer's manufacturer to know how to fix or replace the USB ports.

If you still have any questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Aug 11, 2015
  4. badaxe2 Win User

badaxe2, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 USB Controller installation issue - Similar Threads - USB Controller installation

2. Controller Issues With Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller Issues With Windows 10: My controller has recently stopped working while i was in the middle of a game, i tried to reconnect it 3-5 times and succeeded but it then only worked for a second. I have a spare controller i tried to use right after but both of them didn't seem to be working.So i have...
  3. Controller Issues With Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller Issues With Windows 10: My controller has recently stopped working while i was in the middle of a game, i tried to reconnect it 3-5 times and succeeded but it then only worked for a second. I have a spare controller i tried to use right after but both of them didn't seem to be working.So i have...
  4. Controller Issues With Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Driver issue for windows 10 USB install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver issue for windows 10 USB install: I have had an issue where drivers cannot be found when trying to do a clean install of windows 10 when plugging in a 128gb SanDisk with windows install media on my pc I just build, any guidance on this issue would be great, Thanks. submitted by /u/xdfirthboi [link]...
  6. Bluetooth USB Host Controller Issues

Bluetooth USB Host Controller Issues: Hello, I am unable to use Bluetooth on my pc tower and when I try to update the driver I get the following message: "Windows was unable to install your Bluetooth USB Host Controller". Going into the properties of the Bluetooth USB Host Controller the device status reads: "The...
  7. windows 10, usb controlers,

windows 10, usb controlers,: Just reinstalled win 10, now am getting message, not enough system resources to connect all of my usb drives. I am using powered hubs , even if connect them to the front usb ports get the same message, as well as the remaining back ports. Most are usb 3 but one is a usb 2...
  8. Issues with the installation of Windows 10 through USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with the installation of Windows 10 through USB: I have a Lenovo PC Where I want to install Windows 10 I have downloaded an ISO using media creation tool and make portable to a 32 GB pendrive by Rufus. But when i tried to install it then i got an error "The operating system couldnot be loaded because a critical driver is...
  9. Windows 10 Pro USB Install issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro USB Install issues: I have purchased a new Windows 10 Pro USB install. When I plug the USB into my laptop and boot from it I get the error message "corrupt boot media. installation cannot continue" I can view the files on the USB through explorer. Is the USB faulty?...
  10. Windows 10 and USB remote controls issue

Windows 10 and USB remote controls issue: I have this generic usb remote control that used to work fine under Windows 7. Now I plugged it on a Windows 10 machine and some keys of it won't work, mainly multimedia keys (next track, volume, ...), just a few keys still works. I read somewhere that windows 10 really does...