Windows 10: Windows 10 USB Installation Black Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 USB Installation Black Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys, Kinda disappointed, after buying Windows 10, I got my USB to install Windows 10. First try I got further than the loading screen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by crookz, Oct 29, 2015.

1. crookz Win User

Windows 10 USB Installation Black Screen

Hey guys,

Kinda disappointed, after buying Windows 10, I got my USB to install Windows 10.
    First try I got further than the loading screen, formatted a partition and tried to install windows, that gave me an error so I deleted a partition and made a new one.
    That gave me an endless loading (cursor) so I restarted my PC.

After trying to install Windows 10 one more time, I keep getting a black screen after the windows loading.
    Windows Disk Diagnose didn't help, neither got the results though.

Any ideas to fix this?
    Thanks in advance.

:)

crookz, Oct 29, 2015

2. Microsoft Complaints Department?

Do you have a USB drive and a neighbor that owns a pc? Ask if you may download the file to the USB drive then install the patch on your pc..

Check solutions on this thread.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Smittychat., Oct 29, 2015
  3. Preventing installation of problematic Nvidia video driver when installing Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342

Hello Nyima,

Thank you for your email.

To answer your question:

• What is the current status of the computer, are you able to boot to the computer normally or stuck on startup screen?

Now, the build is Windows 10.0 Build 10240 (the installation reverted to this build after a failed attempt to upgrade). When I have attempted an upgrade via Internet download (Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342), the computer reboots and the installation progresses
    to a black screen. At this point, I am not sure:

a) how long to wait after seeing a black screen (i.e. must I wait 30min, 1hr, 2hrs etc.? I do not know since the screen is black and I do not hear any sound via the speakers to indicate that the installation is progressing successfully)

b) if the display driver that is causing the black screen is

i) the Intel OEM display driver

ii) the Nvidia OEM display driver

c) if the new build has installed successfully (or if some other installation error has occurred).

I do know

A) that a Dell OEM Windows 7 video display driver works well with a Windows 10.0 Build 10240 for the applicable computer

B) that the Windows 10 Nvidia OEM display driver has caused a BSOD with past attempts to install Windows 10.

Now, since the screen is black and not a BSOD, I suspect that the Window 10 installation installs an OEM Intel Display driver.

When the above situation arose before, after about 10min with a black screen, I would turn the computer off. I tried to use a Windows 10 Installation Media USB device to get the computer into SAFE MODE, but the Windows 10 Installation Media software requested
    that I remove the USB device and proceed with installation (which ended in a black screen). Thereafter, the installation automatically restored the old build (which is where I am now).

So, it appears that 10min wait after seeing a black screen is too short.

Please can you advise how long I can expect to wait after seeing a black screen (30min, 1hr or more?) and should I be expecting to hear a sound via the computer's speakers to indicate installation success if the screen is black?

Dr Stephen Michelson, Oct 29, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

The black screen is usually the result of not fully-compatible graphics drivers. Restart the computer several times before it fully loads Windows. Eventually you will see the troubleshooting screen. Select Advanced startup options and then Safe Mode. When in Safe Mode, click on the search icon and type device. Click to open Device Manager. Expand the display adapters and right-click on your adapter. Select Update drivers and then the last option at every step until you see a list of adapters. Uncheck the "show compatible devices" box to see all brands. Go to standard display adapters and select Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Windows may warn you they cannot verify the driver is compatible with your device. Install anyway. When complete restart the computer and let it load normally. It should load with basic graphics so you can see the desktop. Once there download the latest driver for your graphics card and install it. You should be OK.

spapakons, Oct 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 USB Installation Black Screen - Similar Threads - USB Installation Black

2. Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10: I got a problem when trying to do a clean install of Windows 10. The screen went black after I selected to boot from USB. My motherboard is EVGA X299 FTW-K. In the beginning I tried to change BIOS boot priority and left only UEFI USB enabled. After that it stuck with...
  3. Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10: I got a problem when trying to do a clean install of Windows 10. The screen went black after I selected to boot from USB. My motherboard is EVGA X299 FTW-K. In the beginning I tried to change BIOS boot priority and left only UEFI USB enabled. After that it stuck with...
  4. Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen

Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen: I was installing Windows on a friends pc because he had too many viruses on it, after seeing that he had 6 partitions I combined and formatted them into one. After this I began installing it via a usb that I booted off of, after rebooting it was a black screen. We made sure...
  5. Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor

Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor: So heres what happened, I desired to move from windows to linux mint, i really liked it, games ran just as good with the new Valve Proton Engine, but then i desired to use my other ssd to make my computer run both windows and linux mint, I have done this before on my dell...
  6. Windows 10 USB install black dos screen with cusror

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 USB install black dos screen with cusror: Hi, I had a Windows 10 installation and I wanted to try Cloud OS so I reformatted my HDD and installed CloudReady. I now want to install Windows 10 again so. I pop in the Win10 installation USB and load it. Right after the boot options, I get a black Dos-like screen with...
  7. Black Screen on Windows 10 Installation using USB

Black Screen on Windows 10 Installation using USB: Hi, I am trying to install windows 10 on my notebook Dell. I have changed the HDD to a SSD and created a USB to install Windows 10 but during the boot, I get the windows logo ans the withe dotes circulating on screen and after some minutes I get a black screen and nothing...
  8. Windows 10 USB install - black dos screen with cusror

Windows 10 USB install - black dos screen with cusror: Hi, I had a Windows 10 installation and I wanted to try Cloud OS so I reformatted my HDD and installed CloudReady. I now want to install Windows 10 again so... I pop in the Win10 installation USB and load it... Right after the boot options, I get a black Dos-like screen...
  9. Black screen after windows 10 Logo (Installation/Bootable USB)

Black screen after windows 10 Logo (Installation/Bootable USB): So i was planning to reformat my old pc & install new os/clean install but when i tried to boot with the bootable usb drive, it just gives me blackscreen after the blue windows logo. Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried waiting for 20minutes but nothing happen at all, just...
  10. Black screen on Installation? (USB Bootable)

Black screen on Installation? (USB Bootable): I was planning to reformat my old pc so i downloaded windows 10 & created bootable USB. But when i tried to boot the usb drive, it just gives me blackscreen after the blue windows logo. Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried waiting for 20minutes but nothing happen at all,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 usb installation black screen

2. windows 10 usb install black screen