Windows 10: Windows 10 USB Keyboard / mouse mystery

Discus and support Windows 10 USB Keyboard / mouse mystery in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Logitech Wireless KB / mouse on a Unifying plug. and a wired gaming keypad [Cybersnipa]. Under windows 7 they were a little funny, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Windy Gamer, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Windows 10 USB Keyboard / mouse mystery

I have a Logitech Wireless KB / mouse on a Unifying plug. and a wired gaming keypad [Cybersnipa].
    Under windows 7 they were a little funny, but I finally got them working plugged into the back of the machine. But only certain ports seemed to work. Thermaltake Armor 90 case. ASUS P8Z68-U GEN 3 motherboard.

Upgraded to Windows 10 and all was well. *Cool

But then I unplugged everything to blow the dust out of the machine - wheew it was really time for that - and now I have to plug the Unifying receiver [REC] and CyberSnipa [CBK] into the top of the Armor 90 case. Other ports do not work.

I checked the device manager and there are no little funny yellow boxes saying that devices are not found.
    And when I unplug one of these devices and plug them into the back ports, windows ding-dongs and there is a little driver loading animation in the task bar. And I move them around and each time this happens, but the REC and CBK only work in these two ports and not in the back after the ding-dongs.

What's up with USB?? *Mad

I'll check my BIOS and make sure that Legacy is not checked for something on the USB. *Huh

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
    wg

:)

Windy Gamer, Aug 12, 2015
  2. alecim Win User

10 minutes to boot Windows 10

Could i be trying to boot off some external device? If it displays the first blue windows logo, does it mean that it is booting off the hard drive?

I ask this because if I have an external Maxtor usb drive connected, during the 10 minutes of inactivity while booting the pc the maxtor drive was spinning...

if I disconnect the USB drive, it still takes 10 minutes to boot, but maybe it is looking at other ports... If I detatch all usb items (keyboard and mouse too) it still takes 10 minutes.

I also ran a dskchk but all is fine.

A mystery!

alecim, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Stuck at Choose your keyboard layout

OK good news and bad news.

1. Win 10 repair did not recognize an analog keyboard on my system either. (I did not however have an analog mouse to try)

2. The Win 10 repair tools I had on USB drive went straight to the Keyboard layout question, dead in the water again.

3. The Win 10 install USB drive did however boot up, and allow me to go to the command prompt and enter the commands above, and that did see to help the stability of my system.

Problem remains, will they address this mysterious blue keyboard layout screen? Why would a screen disable keyboard and mouse that normally work fine on your system?

(and when they say "you may have to use an external keyboard"..what does that even mean? I'm on a PC, it's the only kind of keyboard I know..of which I have and have tried several)

ESheltonMO, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Windows 10 USB Keyboard / mouse mystery

OMG that was it!! Disable Legacy mode!!! and don't cross the streams!!!
    wg

Windy Gamer, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 USB Keyboard / mouse mystery

1. Windows 10 USB Keyboard / mouse mystery - Similar Threads - USB Keyboard mouse

2. USB Mouse and keyboard not recognized on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse and keyboard not recognized on Windows 10: I have a Dell XPS-15 9550 Windows 10 Laptop. For some reason it stopped recognizing USB Mouse and or keyboard. However it does recognize USB connected hard drives using the same USB ports. 1. Installed latest Microsoft updates - no go 2.Installed latest drivers. - no go...
  3. USB Mouse and Keyboard intermittently not responding; Windows 10

USB Mouse and Keyboard intermittently not responding; Windows 10: Over the last few months (actually TBH the mouse started near the beginning of the year but it's been most notable during the last few months), both mouse and keyboard (specifically Razer Naga Hex v2 and Blackwidow Ultimate) have been intermittently failing to respond, albeit...
  4. Windows 10 will not recognize usb mouse or keyboard

Windows 10 will not recognize usb mouse or keyboard: Hello I have an issue with a Lenovo IdeaCentre, it will not recognize mouse and keyboard. It only sees them when I am in bios. I tried doing a factory reset but it wont do it either. I can log in safe mode but the same issue no keyboard and mouse. When it boots up it stops...
  5. USB Mouse and keyboard not working

USB Mouse and keyboard not working: What happened was that I was updating drivers and on one of the larger ones I was prompted to restart now or restart later, as I had other drivers yet to install I chose to restart later. At that point my USB mouse and keyboard stopped working. Through research online i...
  6. Windows 10 Pro USB Mouse and Keyboard Failure

Windows 10 Pro USB Mouse and Keyboard Failure: I upgraded my Dell Windows 10 Pro two weeks ago to the 8000 Version build and found that my USB Mouse and Keyboard were no longer operational. After several restarts and power downs, did some searching on internet, Found many users having same problems after upgrade, but...
  7. Mysterious USB

Mysterious USB: I am running Windows10 and using a WD Elements unit for backup purposes Macrium Reflect. I made some adjustments which went wrong but have now been corrected but I have finished up with two sets of USB Drives, please see the attached. I have been informed that they cannot be...
  8. Mysterious USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious USB: I am running Windows10 and using a WD Elements unit for backup purposes Macrium Reflect. I made some adjustments which went wrong but have now been corrected but I have finished up with two sets of USB Drives, please see the attached. I have been informed that they cannot be...
  9. USB mouse&keyboard not working

USB mouse&keyboard not working: Hi; I've a Medion Akoya MD8360 PC with previous windows 10 Home Build 10240 installed and with a working USB medion mouse and keyboard.Reccently I upgraded manually(with media creation tool fromMS) to Windows 10 Home V1511 Build 10586.71 and my USB keyboard and mouse didn't...
  10. USB keyboard and mouse freeze!

USB keyboard and mouse freeze!: Hello I have been using Windows 10 64bit os running PC for quite some time now but in the past two months I've been getting a problem of my USB keyboard and mouse frozen(the keyboard capslock and others don't change on pressing) and mouse gets stuck within half an hour of...