Windows 10: windows 10 usb not appearing in UEFI boot sources

Discus and support windows 10 usb not appearing in UEFI boot sources in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i've installed windows 10 on linux before and i've never had any problems booting it (from what i remember, through UEFI boot sources). currently the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 00000, Feb 3, 2016.

1. 00000 Win User

windows 10 usb not appearing in UEFI boot sources

i've installed windows 10 on linux before and i've never had any problems booting it (from what i remember, through UEFI boot sources). currently the windows 10 iso seems to be the only one that isn't appearing in UEFI; i installed peppermint from lubuntu using the same image disk writer on the same usb 30 minutes ago.
    am i supposed to have some specific settings enabled/disabled in my bios to boot the windows install? secure boot is disabled and legacy boot is enabled.

:)

00000, Feb 3, 2016
  2. Endreld Win User

memory_corruption

so far what the order is

UEFI Boot Sources

Windows Boot Manager

USB Floppy/CD

USB Hard Drive

UEFI: IPv4 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

UEFI: IPv6 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Legacy Boot Sources : Disabled

what do I do?

Endreld, Feb 3, 2016
  3. AndrewMZO Win User
    Problems with installing Windows 10 Home OEM on New PC

When I finished my media installation, I plug it into my pc and reset the pc so it appears in my boot menu, before

plugging my USB drive into the USB port only my SSD appears, after the reset, two new boot options appear,

UEFI: VerbatimStore N GO 5.00 Partition 1, and Verbatim Store N Go 5.00, I always set the UEFI Verbatim to 1st in the boot order, and Verbatim to 2nd in the order, with my SSD placed in 3rd. Whenever I boot UEFI Verbatim, I do so through the bios uefi, I
    have yet to use the shortcut f8 button when resetting my pc. Is the windows boot manager the UEFI Verbatim that you're referring to?

AndrewMZO, Feb 3, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Why are you enabling legacy boot.

Surely you want eufi boot, and also make sure usb stick is set for a gpt formatted installation.

Also installing windows 10 after linux generally breaks the linux booting. You would have to mess around with grub etc.

Usual advice is to install windows 10 then linux.

cereberus, Feb 3, 2016
  5. Kyhi Win User
    the USB has to be formatted Fat32 and no need to enable Legacy support in bios to install via UEFI
    Also HDD needs to be in GPT format or UEFI installation will fail..

Kyhi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 usb not appearing in UEFI boot sources - Similar Threads - usb appearing UEFI

2. Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb: When i try to boot the windows 10 usb in UEFI mode i get past the post screen to the windows logo, after a few seconds the computer restarts and it just keeps repeating. It works in bios legacy mode. I've managed to install build 1709 from an old iso in UEFI, but newer builds...
  3. Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb: When i try to boot the windows 10 usb in UEFI mode i get past the post screen to the windows logo, after a few seconds the computer restarts and it just keeps repeating. It works in bios legacy mode. I've managed to install build 1709 from an old iso in UEFI, but newer builds...
  4. Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows UEFI USB boot not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows UEFI USB boot not working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SkyyTheGuy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k67yly/windows_uefi_usb_boot_not_working/
  6. Win 10 Usb UEFI Boot Problem

Win 10 Usb UEFI Boot Problem: Hello, first of all I never experience this problem in my life. This is the first time and I tried a lot of things but still doesn't work. Let me explain my stiation here. I created Windows 10 USB installer with Windows Creation Tool. Then I restart my computer, click the...
  7. Boot Windows 10 from USB, UEFI file for USB not booting.

Boot Windows 10 from USB, UEFI file for USB not booting.: I want to do a fresh install of windows on my ssd with a usb. I don't have access to a secondary windows computer but have downloaded the .iso file on a sandisk 16GB usb from my mac. My pc originally didn't boot with the file in the exfat format so I managed to copy the .iso...
  8. Dell UEFI USB Boot

Dell UEFI USB Boot: Hi all, Sorry if this question has been asked before. I have already gone through a number of fixes but nothing seems to be working for me so far. I have been provided with a USB with an MDT image on to re-image a number of PCs but soon realised it was formatted in NTFS due...
  9. Please select boot device – UEFI Boot Sources

in Windows 10 News
    Please select boot device – UEFI Boot Sources: [ATTACH]If you see the following screen when you start your Windows 10 computer, then this post will be able to help you. The screen is […] This article Please select boot device – UEFI Boot Sources first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Cannot boot from USB Windows 10 UEFI

Cannot boot from USB Windows 10 UEFI: I'm having difficulty booting from a USB flash drive. Although the USB drive appears in the boot menu, when clicked the screen goes blank, then sends me back to the boot menu within seconds. I have tried using several different USB creation utilities, including Rufus. This...