Windows 10: windows 10 USB stick not accessible

Discus and support windows 10 USB stick not accessible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help with any suggestions. After upgrading to Windows 10 any usb stick shows up in file explorer but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Harp3736, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Harp3736 Win User

windows 10 USB stick not accessible

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help with any suggestions.

After upgrading to Windows 10 any usb stick shows up in file explorer but when I try to open it - it says drive not accessible / access denied.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    thank you

:)

Harp3736, Aug 7, 2015

2. MIcosoft Surface Pro

My Micro soft surface pro wont let me save or change documents onto a USB stick but it can read the documents on the stick inserted.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access

StewartCumming, Aug 7, 2015
  3. trbogt Win User
    windows 10 update incomplete?

Do you have the Windows 10 Media on disc or USB stick...if yes then stick it in and restart computer...if you don't do you have access to another computer and download the Media?...cause' that's the only way to start it.*john

trbogt, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

windows 10 USB stick not accessible

1. windows 10 USB stick not accessible - Similar Threads - USB stick accessible

2. Unable to access files on USB stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access files on USB stick: I plug USB in and it shows in explorer. When I click on the sticks file path 'E' it disappears, as if it has been unplugged. Sometimes it shows the files on the stick for a split second then the 'E' drive disappears again. The stick is lit up the whole time it is plugged in...
  3. Unable to access files on USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access files on USB stick: I plug USB in and it shows in explorer. When I click on the sticks file path 'E' it disappears, as if it has been unplugged. Sometimes it shows the files on the stick for a split second then the 'E' drive disappears again. The stick is lit up the whole time it is plugged in...
  4. Windows 10 Recovery USB stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Recovery USB stick: I have attempted to cerate a recovery USB 64GByte size USB and the first time I tried it failed without any useful report as to why I think it was because the computer went into sleep mode after 1 hour. I change the sleep mode to 'Never' and it then got passed the fail point...
  5. usb live stick, lost bootability and accessibility

in Windows 10 Support
    usb live stick, lost bootability and accessibility: i made bootable usb stick using winsetupfromusb.exe, content multiple useful tools, such hirenbcd, ubcd, antivirus, tails... and many *.iso. few days ago, i was messing around ubcd tools and ended ruined my boot usb repair tool. all data and iso are intact, all subfolder...
  6. USB stick not recognised in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB stick not recognised in Windows 10: USB stick not recognised in Windows 10? Other thread was locked so here is a alternative solution that worked for me. I tried all the regedit deletes, plug and play on/off or switch to 'Automatic' etc with no luck. My 64GD Sandisk USB still would not work but did on other...
  7. Windows 10 on the USB stick

Windows 10 on the USB stick: I want to download Windows 10 on the USB stick. But I’ve found a file called ‘system volume information’, which I cannot delete. How can I install Windows 10 on a USB stick and do I need this file?...
  8. windows 10 usb stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 usb stick: Windows 10 refuses to recognise any of my usb sticks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-usb-stick/d912e459-704e-4d75-a97e-b2316939c1a5
  9. Accessing Or Seeing A USB Stick Or External HD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Or Seeing A USB Stick Or External HD ?: Hello, Last question for the night; I promise. Pretty basic one: How do I see, and access, a USB Stick, or an external HD that I plugged in ? Thanks, Bob 30276
  10. Windows 10 Retail USB Stick

Windows 10 Retail USB Stick: Why does the retail boxed version of Windows 10 still have build 10240? After installing the retail version from the bundled USB drive I still have to download a 3.5 GB update to build 10586 every time I reinstall from this read-only USB drive. 42736

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 usb stick not accessable