Windows 10: Windows 10 use 1gb of ram at idle?

Discus and support Windows 10 use 1gb of ram at idle? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why Windows 10 use 1gb of ram at idle (32bit)? Can I turn of something? Thats too much. Windows 8.1 used below 500mb. Also my part of the screen on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johnnybgood, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 use 1gb of ram at idle?

Why Windows 10 use 1gb of ram at idle (32bit)? Can I turn of something? Thats too much. Windows 8.1 used below 500mb.

Also my part of the screen on the left is black. I have radeon 4650, windows found drivers but probably I will need drivers from radeon but on the web there isnt for windows 10 yet, only 8. Should I use them?

:)

johnnybgood, Jul 29, 2015
  2. PCstorn Win User

Could RAM be extend in mobile phone?

I'm using lumia 720 Could the RAM be extend to 1GB. And will it be possible for my windows phone to download and install apps and games for 1GB RAM devies like lumia 820.
    Is it possible like 525 which is same as 520 only the 1GB RAM.

PCstorn, Jul 29, 2015
  3. problem with windows 10 upgrading

windows 10 says my ram is less than 1gb although it is 1gb. As a result stops upgrading.

ΜΙΧΑΛΗΣΒΑΒΟΥΡΑΚΗΣ, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

Windows 10 use 1gb of ram at idle?

I just checked my RAM usage and it is 1.7 gb at complete idle. For me this is significantly less than Linux, so I am pleased.

Rocky, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Well they said it will be like windows 8 at preview, this is kinda bad for me I have only 2gb of ram.
    Any solution about screen not fitting up? :/ I just tried to install drivers for windows 8 but intallation failed.

6. Somehow, auto adjuct on monitor done it after 3rd time. Strange.

7. Rocky Win User
    I sure hope everything works out for you. Even though Windows 10 is advertised to work with 2 GB RAM, can you upgrade to 4 GB? I think this may solve some of your issues.

Rocky, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Barman58 Win User

One thing to consider is that this is a new install of an operating system, for the first few hours/days the system is likely to be organising, indexing Etc. so will use more RAM than usual, you may find that the base RAM usage will fall back after a short while, if you have a lot of data and are only using the system for short periods his can take some time to complete. I always let a new install run for 36/48 hours unattended for this very reason *Smile

Barman58, Jul 31, 2015
  9. AEM
    aem Win User
    I thought this would be quite the opposite. As days goes by you are likely going to use more RAM due to more apps install. The most efficient time is after the OS is newly installed.

10. Hydranix Win User
    Using RAM is a good thing.

Why have extra memory if you're not using it?

Hydranix, Jul 31, 2015
  11. Barman58 Win User
    Adding applications does not per-se increase RAM usage, it obviously increases storage needs but only when it is actually open and in use does it use RAM, (some applications, of course, have a resident portion that does use RAM, but by no means all)

The processes I am talking about are those that manage data for search etc, which operate in the background to create the required databases to provide a faster experience, when an OS is new these databases are empty and so the system populates them when it can, and then maintains them on the fly as data is created/deleted/modified.

Barman58, Jul 31, 2015
  12. Well 4650 is officially compatible, Windows 10 provides generic drivers.
    But I gave troubles with 6480, anything bellow 7xxx is considered outdated.
    The latest drivers from AMD do not support your GPU (nor mine), probably never will.
    As for RAM, you can use CleanMem Free, it never gets old on Windows, mine is ~600MB.

TairikuOkami, Jul 31, 2015
  13. Rocky Win User

OK, on that earlier post I was actually using 1.7 gb of RAM at complete idle. Today I went into task manager and disabled a bunch of start up processes and restarted the computer and now I am using .64 gb at idle. I recommend to the OP to go into task manager and disable some of the start up processes.

Rocky, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 use 1gb of ram at idle? - Similar Threads - 1gb ram idle

2. Powershell is using 1GB ram

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell is using 1GB ram: I'm 100% sure that i have malware or a miner on my pc, powershell is executing commands for a sketchy file hidden in the appdata called "INetHelper\cleaner.exe" and its using 1gb of ram.Can anyone help me to completely wipe this off my system?surely deleting the destination...
  3. Powershell is using 1GB ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell is using 1GB ram: I'm 100% sure that i have malware or a miner on my pc, powershell is executing commands for a sketchy file hidden in the appdata called "INetHelper\cleaner.exe" and its using 1gb of ram.Can anyone help me to completely wipe this off my system?surely deleting the destination...
  4. Powershell is using 1GB ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost 1GB RAM after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost 1GB RAM after Windows 10 Update: Hello,Around june my computer installed an update after that i lost 1GB of RAM, I hoped a future update will fix it, but i didnt.I have tried a lot optimazions. They did speed up the system at all a little bit, but they didnt actually fixed the problem.The Update wasnt a...
  6. Windows using 4GB ram at idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows using 4GB ram at idle: I noticed that my windows is using 4GB of ram 2x4GB 1666MHz, my motherboard supports maximum of 1333.I tried this: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/9qhk6x/if_your_computer_is_using_around_4050_ram_while/ but it didn't changed anything.I also tried this...
  7. Windows 10 uses too much RAM in idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 uses too much RAM in idle: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Hakurn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgteve/windows_10_uses_too_much_ram_in_idle/
  8. windows 10 64 bit on 1gb ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 64 bit on 1gb ram: hello Works Windows 10 on 64 bit on 1gb ram ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-64-bit-on-1gb-ram/250fcdbf-ffa9-40e0-b92d-5788a0a84043
  9. Windows 10 uses 2GB RAM on idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 uses 2GB RAM on idle: I have an Acer laptop, that runs on Windows 10. I have major issues with it, like it being slow. But I'm concerned about it using 2GB RAM on idle. I only have 4GB RAM, which bothers me a lot. I was wondering if there is any fix, so I am contacting you guys. And by the way,...
  10. 1GB of RAM is being used while computer is idle!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1GB of RAM is being used while computer is idle!: This is bad, this is very bad. I don't like the fact it uses up so much memory, the computer needs this stuff and it is using so much of it! I just got this computer 3 days ago to replace my old one which was very slow. I don't want this to keep happening. Much help would...