Windows 10: Windows 10 Users Give Up on Edge

Discus and support Windows 10 Users Give Up on Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Statistics provided by various research companies and put together by CW shows that Microsoft Edge has significantly lost users in the last three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Sumit Dhiman, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Users Give Up on Edge

Read more :http://news.softpedia.com/news/windo...s-497629.shtml

:)

Sumit Dhiman, Dec 14, 2015
  2. give-up Win User

text so small it is unreadable

I have clicked on my desktop pc screen and somehow I have made the text tiny when I open Google and Windows 10. My folders and documents are ok. Please can anyone help. I tried to get help from windows but it is too small to read. Not sure which topic
    I should click on, sorry

give-up, Dec 14, 2015
  3. give-up Win User
    text so small it is unreadable

Thank you for your help

give-up, Dec 14, 2015
  4. Ghost82 Win User

Windows 10 Users Give Up on Edge

Edge needs extensions. I will never switch unless it is capable to provide same functions as Firefox.

Ghost82, Dec 14, 2015
  5. It's not just extensions, Edge lacks basic functionality.

nigelmercier, Dec 14, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Edge still has over 30% usage and that's really not that shabby for a browser that's less than a year old and I don't suspect it will ever have a huge user base. MS's history with browsers has left a bad taste in the mouths of many users. But, I use is and in time I think it will be a strong browser. We'll know more as new insider builds drop next year.

BunnyJ, Dec 14, 2015
  7. What do they stats mean?

31.2% of who?
    Desktop users?
    Win 10 users?
    Overall on all devices?

I still use it a fair bit of the time, but, imo, its a downgrade from IE

paulsalter, Dec 14, 2015
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there.

I prefer old fashioned Menus / bookmarks / favourites as per IE. Also IE plays SKY GO without any problems - so I'm just ignoring edge.

As for the stats -- I'm not sure where / how they collected data but intuitively it "Seems" to be about right judging by Forum posts etc.

Note stats based on collecting Browser name when using a website can be unreliable as you can set the browser name to anything whatever browser you use. !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 14, 2015
  9. Mooly Win User
    Hmm. I'm kind of quite liking Edge having put some serious effort into getting to know how it all works.

Although I agree about the lack of extensions (to be able to add 'translate' is something I miss) and also the ability to export a cookie file, I think the look and general operability is excellent. I've over 40 items in favourites, all split into folders, and it all seems to work well, and with a dark background looks great.

Mooly, Dec 14, 2015
  10. lx07 Win User
    Some more for your list 32% of what? 32% of Web traffic? 32% of users? 32% of US users who visit tenforums.com once a day (excluding use of other browsers from the same IP address)?

Perhaps it means 32% of people who said they used Edge use Edge. That would be my guess anyway (as good as anyone else's).

Net Market Share vs. StatCounter: Whose online measurements can you trust? | ZDNet

11. BunnyJ New Member
    I'm using it more every day and while it's not as developed as FF or Chrome it's really nice. The spell check and auto correct features are really well developed and I like them a lot.

Not sure if I really need that many or any extensions.. I just want a fast simple browser and this fits the bill. But I want to see what MS comes out with in future insider builds.

BunnyJ, Dec 14, 2015
  12. This is why i never take these stats too seriously

Depending on which figures you use you could show Edge doing really good or really bad

paulsalter, Dec 14, 2015
  13. Windows 10 Users Give Up on Edge

Like to know where they got their figures from.
    I certainly have not done a survey on it.
    I use Edge Browser 100%
    I do not have any other browsers installed on any of the systems I have upgraded
    Along with Cortana, also Bing that is all that is on every system in my house and daughters house and businesses.
    I use Cortana with Microphone gets us every webpage we want.
    Also have Edge on my phone.
    So they need to send a survey out then perhaps its stats will go up.
    Also as someone else put Edge has not long been out as of yet it is still a baby compared to all the other Browsers out there

hTconeM9user, Dec 14, 2015
  14. Atomic77 Win User
    I'm a Windows 10 user and I did not give up on Edge. In fact Edge is the only web browser ive been using to date. *Smile

Atomic77, Dec 14, 2015
  15. you are part of the 32% of something unknown that use it *Smile

paulsalter, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Users Give Up on Edge - Similar Threads - Users Edge

2. When is MS going to quit trying to push Edge on Users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When is MS going to quit trying to push Edge on Users?: When is MS going to quit trying to push Edge on Users? I have my machine set up the way that I want/like. For the love of Pete; QUIT GETTING INTO MY BUSINESS. I absolutely abhor having to undo what MS does every single time that I get on my machine. PLEASE LET ME BE!!!...
  3. When is MS going to quit trying to push Edge on Users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When is MS going to quit trying to push Edge on Users?: When is MS going to quit trying to push Edge on Users? I have my machine set up the way that I want/like. For the love of Pete; QUIT GETTING INTO MY BUSINESS. I absolutely abhor having to undo what MS does every single time that I get on my machine. PLEASE LET ME BE!!!...
  4. When is MS going to quit trying to push Edge on Users?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Breaking: Windows users in the EEA will soon be able to remove Bing and Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Breaking: Windows users in the EEA will soon be able to remove Bing and Edge: Windows users who reside in the European Economic Area will soon be able to uninstall Microsoft Edge and Bing Search on Windows 11. They will furthermore be able to disable (some) ads. Microsoft announced the change yesterday on the official Windows Blog. To ensure...
  6. In my Microsoft edge properties I have noticed a strange number in Group or User Names

In my Microsoft edge properties I have noticed a strange number in Group or User Names: Can anyone explain what this number is that has appeared in my Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge Group or User Names Account Unknown S-1-5-21-3095462819-575819195-1738335527-1000I've been having issues with internet browsers not loading but when they do I get a white screen...
  7. In my Microsoft edge properties I have noticed a strange number in Group or User Names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In my Microsoft edge properties I have noticed a strange number in Group or User Names: Can anyone explain what this number is that has appeared in my Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge Group or User Names Account Unknown S-1-5-21-3095462819-575819195-1738335527-1000I've been having issues with internet browsers not loading but when they do I get a white screen...
  8. Edge on Windows is deprecating "Web Select" which will hurt touch/tablet users.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge on Windows is deprecating "Web Select" which will hurt touch/tablet users.: submitted by /u/NIVEA_GeForce [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16kbxuu/edge_on_windows_is_deprecating_web_select_which/
  9. Windows 10 users may now attach Microsoft Edge's sidebar to the desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 users may now attach Microsoft Edge's sidebar to the desktop: Microsoft has published Microsoft Edge 116, a new stable version of its Chromium-based browser. Released on August 21, 2023, Microsoft Edge 116 includes security updates and two new features. Existing installations of Microsoft Edge should receive the update automatically,...
  10. User has 2 User folders causing ERROR: "Microsoft Edge Can't read and write to its data...

User has 2 User folders causing ERROR: "Microsoft Edge Can't read and write to its data...: Hi,I have an issue where my managed machine gives a user 2 user folders kyletest and AzureAD_kyletest_$. THe user does not have any access to the AzureAD_kyletest_$ folder; therefore, when logging into an app gives me the error "Microsoft Edge Can't read and write to its data...