Windows 10: Windows 10 uses more than 1GB out of 4GB pls help

Discus and support Windows 10 uses more than 1GB out of 4GB pls help in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I only have 4GB of ram and I want to use less memory but i can't. pls help! 48792 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 123cwillett, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Windows 10 uses more than 1GB out of 4GB pls help

I only have 4GB of ram and I want to use less memory but i can't. pls help!

:)

123cwillett, Apr 29, 2016

2. WM 5.0 USB flash memory capacity

Hello,

is the capacity to read an external USB flash memory limited because of WM 5.0 OS or because of the hardware (device) ?

e.g. my device, dopod U1000 (HTC X7500), runs on a WM5 and it is specified to read usb flash drives of not more than 4GB. i have tried 1GB, 2GB and more than 4GB (noth 4GB yet). more than 4GB flash memory is not detected.

is there a way to make my device more than 4GB flash memory on an external USB ?

AmitSingh27, Apr 29, 2016
  3. garym123 Win User
    Facebook requires 2GB RAM to work properly in Windows 10 Mobile

There are other Win 10 phones and eligible phones that have more than 1GB memory.

Lumia 1520 2GB

Lumia 930 2GB

Acer Liquid Jade Primo 3GB

HP Elite x3 4GB

Alcatel Idol 4S 4GB

The app says it requires 2GB memory

garym123, Apr 29, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Windows 10 uses more than 1GB out of 4GB pls help

RAM is not like money in the bank. Use it and you won't lose it!

Windows manages the memory for you - if it reports that 1GB is being used, that's all it needs.

If it ever uses all available 3.4 GB it will let you know, but that will never happen, so just let it get on with it.

Fafhrd, Apr 29, 2016
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    1 GB memory usage at bootup is neither unusual nor cause for concern.

Be aware that memory management in any modern OS is highly dynamic and very complex. The memory used by currently running processes is by no means a fixed quantity but will vary according to how much memory is in the system, what applications are running, plus many other factors. This is far more complex than most people imagine.

The system memory manager always maintains control over memory usage, always with the goal of maximizing overall system performance. When memory is plentiful, and with only 1 GB usage in a 4 GB computer that is certainly the case, the memory manager will allow processes to use pretty much whatever memory they want. And why not? Memory was intended to be used, not sit idle. Unused memory is wasted memory. But if a large program is started this usage will be automatically trimmed back, drastically if necessary. But only if it is necessary. I have seen this happen many times.

LMiller7, Apr 29, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    My thought? Windows will always be happy with as much RAM as is available. When it runs out of space in RAM to hold temporary files needed while working it usually swaps older data out to the paging file [Virtual Memory].

Berton, Apr 29, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    You may save on some RAM usage by cutting down on all startup programs you don't need as many laptops come with bunch of bloatware.
    If you don't experience "Not enough memory" warnings, 1GB usage is actually low and you are probably using 32 bit Windows. Keep in mind that there's never a time when there's nothing opened and nothing going on even when no other programs are opened.

CountMike, Apr 29, 2016
  8. Windows 10 uses more than 1GB out of 4GB pls help

I have 4GB of RAM and 64 bit OS actually, you are getting this all wrong. It is using too much RAM, using a whole 1.7GB which only leaves me with 2.2GB, which is really insuficent.

123cwillett, Apr 30, 2016
  9. Mooly Win User
    I'm running 64 bit OS. Is this what you are looking at ? Just got Edge open (5 tabs) at the moment. Opening LibreOffice bumps it up by 2%

Windows 10 uses more than 1GB out of 4GB pls help [​IMG]

Mooly, Apr 30, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    Wrong ? First, your 1.7 is almost double his 1 GB and 64bit does use more than 32bit. 2.2 too little, are you getting low memory warnings ? Some of that memory will be released when needed, some swapped, no panic. Memory is there to be used not to sit there and look pretty. I had 4GB for awhile on this same system and it was slower one too. Run all the normal programs I do and no ill effects, maybe tad slower but never got the warning. Don't forget, this is no XP any more.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 uses more than 1GB out of 4GB pls help

1. Windows 10 uses more than 1GB out of 4GB pls help - Similar Threads - uses more 1GB

2. Network slow after Windows wakes up 1Gb~ instead of more than 2Gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network slow after Windows wakes up 1Gb~ instead of more than 2Gb: Hello,Since I upgraded my internet WAN connection to 2.5Gb I started noticing an issue with my Network adapter. I am currently running an Intel Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V and when the computer boots up the first time I get the full ISP speed 2.1Gb+, but if I put it to sleep...
  3. Network slow after Windows wakes up 1Gb~ instead of more than 2Gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network slow after Windows wakes up 1Gb~ instead of more than 2Gb: Hello,Since I upgraded my internet WAN connection to 2.5Gb I started noticing an issue with my Network adapter. I am currently running an Intel Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V and when the computer boots up the first time I get the full ISP speed 2.1Gb+, but if I put it to sleep...
  4. HELP!!! cpu wont use more than 30% frequency!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP!!! cpu wont use more than 30% frequency!: I have an omen 15 with a intel i7 dont know exact specifications with 16gb of ram, and a rtx 2060! it was working fine before, but i dont know what to do!This is really annoying, i cant play half life 2, or hla, please help!...
  5. HELP!!! cpu wont use more than 30% frequency!

HELP!!! cpu wont use more than 30% frequency!: I have an omen 15 with a intel i7 dont know exact specifications with 16gb of ram, and a rtx 2060! it was working fine before, but i dont know what to do!This is really annoying, i cant play half life 2, or hla, please help!...
  6. HELP!!! cpu wont use more than 30% frequency!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Is it possible to allocate/allow Windows Subsystem for Android to use more than 4GB Maximum...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to allocate/allow Windows Subsystem for Android to use more than 4GB Maximum...: My system has 32GB of memory and the app I use crashes after 4GB has been used causing me to manually kill the process tree in Task Manager, if I could increase the maximum to 8GB or even 16GB I would still have enough headroom to use the rest of my PC....
  8. Is it possible to allocate/allow Windows Subsystem for Android to use more than 4GB Maximum...

Is it possible to allocate/allow Windows Subsystem for Android to use more than 4GB Maximum...: My system has 32GB of memory and the app I use crashes after 4GB has been used causing me to manually kill the process tree in Task Manager, if I could increase the maximum to 8GB or even 16GB I would still have enough headroom to use the rest of my PC....
  9. Everything is glitches out pls help(more info in comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything is glitches out pls help(more info in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kilapo69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/endsas/everything_is_glitches_out_pls_helpmore_info_in/
  10. Windows 10 uses more data than displayed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 uses more data than displayed: So far I have only connected my laptop to my phone's hotspot. My phone can monitor the amount of data my laptop is using whenever it is using it's laptop. What concerns me is that, the data used by the laptop displayed on my phone is 800 MB, but Data App Usage is claiming to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 uses more than 1GB ram

2. alcatel idol 4s windows battery drain