Windows 10: Windows 10 uses your Internet bandwidth to offer updates to others

Discus and support Windows 10 uses your Internet bandwidth to offer updates to others in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 uses your Internet bandwidth to offer updates to others: Report... According to a report by The Next Web, this feature is designed to help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by letmein, Aug 1, 2015.

1. letmein Win User

Windows 10 uses your Internet bandwidth to offer updates to others

Windows 10 uses your Internet bandwidth to offer updates to others: Report... According to a report by The Next Web, this feature is designed to help users get updates faster and is enabled by default in Windows 10 Home and Pro editions. Other Windows 10 editions such as Enterprise and Education too have the feature enabled but designed to use only the local network. Windows 10 uses your Internet bandwidth to offer updates to others: Report Tech2

:)

letmein, Aug 1, 2015

2. discuss other way to control update and upgrade procedure in windows 10

Thank you

I know that Policy, even in previous windows versions has this policy that written on them. but at least I can control them by choosing the option "notify, Choose and download" and the download bandwidth will reduce when there is another user application
    uses the same internet bandwidth.

But windows 10, every updates are important, and it is monopolizing the internet bandwidth over user internet activities and there is no option to stop them or control the bandwidth.

That is my updates problem in Windows 10

HaniSharbeni Haron, Aug 1, 2015
  3. before installing windows 10 do you actually know to what you agree with?

Windows 10 is using your bandwidth

to offer windows updates too other windows users

and that is a fact..!!!

Microsoft calls the feature

Windows Update Delivery Optimization

and says it is designed to help users get updates faster.

first problems;

if you're a gamer the Windows Update Delivery Optimization

will have a negative effect during your gaming.!(duh!!!)

if you have a bandwidth cap

you basically screw yourself up.!(duh!!!)

yes they say that

you can turn the Windows Update Delivery Optimization off

but it does really work?

Quote"

Speaking to PC World,

Microsoft Corporate Vice President Joe Belfiore

explained that Windows 10 is constantly tracking how it operates

and how you are using it

and sending that information back to Microsoft by default,

But more importantly he also confirmed that,

despite offering some options to turn elements of tracking off,

core data collection simply cannot be stopped.”

end Quote

It's the Windows Update Delivery Optimization part of the core data collection?

it's more like since if everyone have the ability to turn that off

nobody will get the windows updates anymore (duh!!!)

second problem;

Obviously when Microsoft is using your bandwidth to send windows updates too other users

they also access to your hard drive because is where you storage those updates..(duh!!!)

conclusions;

did microsoft buy your computer? no they didn't

did microsoft pay for your internet connection? no they don't

so how it's ok for the windows users to basically

allow microsoft to use things are not belong to them?

honestly I think the people don't really understand to what they agree

when they install windows 10 and for sure windows 10 is not free

because that cost to them around $100 every month

since windows 10 is using the users bandwidth

and they're the one to pay for it.!!

Back From The Dead, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Windows 10 uses your Internet bandwidth to offer updates to others

One of the first things I turned off was the ability to share updates.

LovingWindows, Aug 1, 2015
  5. letmein Win User
    On my Linux box I get 30 mbps but on the Windows 10 I get less than 10 mbps internet speed.

letmein, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 uses your Internet bandwidth to offer updates to others

1. Windows 10 uses your Internet bandwidth to offer updates to others - Similar Threads - uses Internet bandwidth

2. Does your phone app windows link consume internet bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does your phone app windows link consume internet bandwidth?: Hello, I am using the Microsoft Your Phone app Windows Link to connect my Android device to my Windows PC. I would like to know if this app uses any internet data when I access my phone’s content on my PC, such as photos, messages, notifications, and apps. If so, how much...
  3. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth: For weeks now my internet connection has been struggling causing significant internet related problems all around the home. I've finally pinned it down to Windows Update on my Windows 10 Dell Workstation.The PC has all the latest updates installed, I have Paused updates,...
  4. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth: For weeks now my internet connection has been struggling causing significant internet related problems all around the home. I've finally pinned it down to Windows Update on my Windows 10 Dell Workstation.The PC has all the latest updates installed, I have Paused updates,...
  5. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Why is my Windows 10 laptop not using the whole bandwidth to Internet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my Windows 10 laptop not using the whole bandwidth to Internet?: submitted by /u/sendcodenotnudes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/klqdt7/why_is_my_windows_10_laptop_not_using_the_whole/
  7. Over use of internet bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Over use of internet bandwidth.: My windows 10 PC has started using a lot of upload internet bandwidth. Is this being caused by backup having been turned on in a recent update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/over-use-of-internet-bandwidth/95898d15-64c6-48cd-a227-99aae2a7df33
  8. Internet bandwidth issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet bandwidth issue: Hi I have a problem with Internet band width. When i start downloading a file by a download manager program (Internet Download Accelerator), the other programs such web browser, windows update and every thing can not access Internet seems the download manager consume all of...
  9. Windows 10 update download uses entire bandwidth

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update download uses entire bandwidth: Hi all,Whenever windows downloads updates, it always uses the entire internet bandwidth. Due to this, I can't even check emails ,even antivirus can't download updates and it takes many hours before I can finally use the PC. I find this a big pain that I can't even do basic...
  10. Windows 10 uses your bandwidth to send other people updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 uses your bandwidth to send other people updates: Windows 10 launched on July 29 to much fanfare — it’s a free upgrade for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users — but along with the privacy issues, there’s another small thing you should check: by default, Windows 10 uses your internet connection to share updates with others across the...