Windows 10: windows 10 using too much paid for bandwidth

Discus and support windows 10 using too much paid for bandwidth in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got this pc and it has windows 10 and is always running something in the background that is using all my costly wireless broadband. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by genso, Aug 17, 2016.

1. genso Win User

windows 10 using too much paid for bandwidth

I just got this pc and it has windows 10 and is always running something in the background that is using all my costly wireless broadband. I had windows 7 before and never had this problem...please help.

:)

genso, Aug 17, 2016

2. Windows updates using too much bandwidth, can't play Dota smoothly

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for the update and sorry for the delayed response.

As mentioned in the above post, there is no option to stall or reject the update from installing on the PC.

I suggest you to post feedback on the requirement you are looking for using
    Feedback App. You can also input some of the ideas on the enhancements, additions and requirements to be made to the operating system using
    Feedback app. We will make sure the feedback given by you will be considered, worked on and released in future builds.

Write to us for further assistance regarding any Windows related query, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Windows updates using too much bandwidth, can't play Dota smoothly

I am using windows 10. I have unlimited 1mbps internet. I am a gamer and do play many online games like Dota 2. Dota 2 needs constant bandwidth to play online. The problem is that once i start playing, windows starts downloading the windows updates, which
    cripples the bandwidth available for Dota 2, causing huge lag spikes and high ping, making it literally unplayable. This is an unacceptable problem since it is an online competitive game. The only thing i can do is to run task manager and kill the svchost
    process, which will give me smooth gaming for a while, and then have to repeat this again. This puts me at a huge disadvantage in the game, and as a gamer, this is unacceptable. I live in India and bandwidth is very expensive here. 1mbps is pretty much the
    best you can get here(unless you want to spend half your salary every month just for internet.) So, upgrading internet is not an option. I don't care if you download updates while i am idle, watching movies, light browsing, etc. But i need my full bandwidth
    when playing Dota 2. There can be no compromise here. It's not like i play 24/7, but when i do play(gets around 2 hours a day), i don't want windows 10 holding me back.

Please give me a solution to this problem, Thank You

AshishJoseph, Aug 17, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Open up Task Manager and look at what is running, by clicking the CPU field, until the higher percentage items are at the top. You can also use Process Explorer from microsoft.com to tell you what sub-process is chewing up all of your bandwidth.

bro67, Aug 17, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Aug 19, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    How long ago? Could be it has a lot to do in the way of updates, etc. The last half dozen new computers I've set up came with build 10240 and had to be Upgraded to Version 1511 Build 10586.xx whatever the Windows Update found. Now there's Version 1607 Build 14393.xx [14393.51 on the 4 I've done] which is also known as the Anniversary Update.

Berton, Aug 20, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    How long ago? Could be it has a lot to do in the way of updates, etc. The last half dozen new computers I've set up came with build 10240 and had to be Upgraded to Version 1511 Build 10586.xx whatever the Windows Update found, latest is 10586.545. Now there's Version 1607 Build 14393.xx [14393.51 on the 4 I've done] which is also known as the Anniversary Update.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 using too much paid for bandwidth - Similar Threads - using too much

2. Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth: Just got my new computer with Windows 11, and noticed that the internet was weirdly slow. Task manager says 'Service Host: Network Service' was using 30% of my internet. I limited it through Delivery Optimization, and while the percentage has gone down, the amount it is using...
  3. Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth: Just got my new computer with Windows 11, and noticed that the internet was weirdly slow. Task manager says 'Service Host: Network Service' was using 30% of my internet. I limited it through Delivery Optimization, and while the percentage has gone down, the amount it is using...
  4. Windows 10 is using too much data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 is using too much data: i got a new laptop and it is using too much data, so much so that the wifi gets affected in all devices. upon checking data usage I found out system using max data. while i changed it to metered connection , it wasn't helpful. also tried turning of automatic updates....
  5. Windows 10 using wayy too much RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 using wayy too much RAM: [ATTACH] As I've earlier reported, there seems to be a sudden increase in RAM usage since the last update to 20H2 (I think it is KB4598242 ). Task Manager reports 7.4 GB RAM usage, but I just have a about 5 tabs in vivaldi, drawboard and task manager open. It should...
  6. Windows uses too much memory?

Windows uses too much memory?: Using task manager i see that my user is using 1.8 GB. But my computer is using 5.6 GB in total. I tried to check for memory leaks but I didn't find any. Is it normal? Like is this how windows is supposed to work? Cause it gives me some trouble when I am trying to use...
  7. Windows 10 : Browsers using too much CPU!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 : Browsers using too much CPU!!: Hey, I am using Windows 10 in my newly built PC and I am seeing that every time I start my PC, chrome started in background and start using about 60% CPU without opening any thing on PC. I thought it was a browser problem so I uninstalled the browser and started using...
  8. Service host using too much bandwidth

Service host using too much bandwidth: Hello, Recently my pc has started using anywhere from 0.5 mbps to 1.0 mbps on “Service Host: Network Service”. To many people this wouldn’t be an issue but that is a lot of usage for my internet as I am lucky to get a total of 3 mbps. This hasn’t been an issue until recently...
  9. windows using too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows using too much ram: I have a desktop pc with this configuration: -CPU: i7-5820K -GPU: GTX-980 -RAM: 48GB after 2~3 day using the pc the Ram usage is at 80% what is absolutly not normal....
  10. Windows 10 using too much data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 using too much data: Hi,can you please assist me my windows 10 is ussing too much data and its system that uses a lot of it how do I stop it. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-using-too-much-data/8dbbe06a-8fee-4a9a-9c24-bf4739a0e278