Windows 10: Windows 10, v.1607 causes my laptop crash, how to fix?

Discus and support Windows 10, v.1607 causes my laptop crash, how to fix? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Satellite E45DW-C4210 laptop. I'm on W10 & I rarely go into Updates, I'm guilty on that part. I was letting it do its thing then all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by budmonster, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Windows 10, v.1607 causes my laptop crash, how to fix?

I have a Toshiba Satellite E45DW-C4210 laptop. I'm on W10 & I rarely go into Updates, I'm guilty on that part. I was letting it do its thing then all of a sudden my laptop got frozen at the Toshiba splash screen. I left the room while it was updating so I have no idea what happened.

Anyways, I had to hold my power button down on my laptop to restart it & then it said "restoring to previous state". I had no idea what was going on and I thought I was in trouble. Luckily I'm back to its original state but I still have no idea what happened or if any damage was done? I then went back in into Win Update and saw the screenshot below.

Windows 10, v.1607 causes my laptop crash, how to fix? [​IMG]

I googled Windows 10, v.1607 & saw that it was this W10 Anniversary Edition update (never heard of it). From what I've read it's been causing a ton of issues for people. I'm not tech savvy at all. Did I screw anything up with my laptop? And last, how do I get this update to work with all corrupting my laptop?

Thanks for help and I apologize if this has been answered before, this is my sons laptop & I'm scared I'm going to mess something up.

:)

budmonster, Aug 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 1703 unstable Windows 10, v.1607 causes my laptop crash, how to fix? :( Crashes while using Blu ray Disc.

I have windows 10 1607 14393.447 on my asus g551vw fy212t laptop windows 10 completely crashed while in middle of burning blu ray disc now my blu ray disc is corrupt thanks Microsoft!

20170620_073225.mp4

techlife95, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Win 10 scheduled update to version 1607causes laptop to crash

Why does Microsoft scheduled updates to version 1607 from my current version 1511 cause my laptop to crash? I then have to wait for the system to completely restore the 1511 version.

BillGardnerKMV, Aug 24, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows 10, v.1607 causes my laptop crash, how to fix?

It looks to me like you are still running the original version of W10 that was released in July 2015. There have been 2 major updates since then; one in Nov 2015 to ver 1511 and one in Aug 2016 to ver 1607 called the Anniversary Update.

These updates will indeed take a long time and involve several restarts of your laptop, at times it will appear that the laptop is doing nothing but you have to wait. My updates took around 2 hours to complete from start to finish.

I would suggest you update manually when you have some time to spare. You can click on the link from within Windows Update to make it happen. The W10 ver 1511 appears to be in the middle of installing so you may have to wait for that to finish but if not you could try going straight to the ver 1607.

philc43, Aug 24, 2016
  5. Version 511 has said "installing" days now, it never changes.

budmonster, Aug 24, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    In that case, see if you can start the 1607 installation.

philc43, Aug 24, 2016
  7. OK everything seem to install fine now, all the updates seem to work but now I'm running into another issue(s).

- my four digit pin no longer works when I try to sign in.
    - my touch screen no longer works on my laptop?

I have no idea what's going on and it's driving me nuts. I'm stuck at the login screen.

budmonster, Aug 24, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

The touch screen is likely to need a driver update to get it working. This should be available from the manufacturer's website. However, you need to be able to logon first. Are you able to recall the password you used originally and sign in with that by clicking on sign-in options and changing to password entry?

philc43, Aug 24, 2016
  9. I was able to finally login with a password, I still dont understand why my pin no longer worked, it worked right before I did the update?

I did go on Toshiba website and I cant find a driver for the touchscreen, I've looked for almost an hour now. It seems like the driver was erased, I dont see it in Device Manager.

budmonster, Aug 24, 2016
  10. philc43 Win User
    If your login is with a Microsoft account it might have taken a few moments to get the PIN recognised or verified. I assume it is working now?

If the touch screen does not appear in Device Manager then you need to find out why it has not been detected. Are there any BIOS settings that control the touch screen operation?

philc43, Aug 24, 2016
  11. This is so weird. I went to the AMD website and downloaded the Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver exe. After I ran it, updated some drivers and now the touchscreen works again. I just dont understand why this Win update broke my drivers? This happen once before when a previous big Win 10 update came out.

budmonster, Aug 24, 2016
  12. philc43 Win User
    Basically you have to allow time for W10 to go through its update and for the first hour or so after a major update it can be checking drivers and updating software in the background. The screen may have been setup with a generic driver when originally updated and W10 then updated it later. Another thing worth doing is a second restart after a major update just to make sure everything is working.

Hope all works well from now on! *Smile

philc43, Aug 24, 2016
  13. yeo1992cc Win User

I think something do with the changes of digital signature.
    To check which windows version, you can use winver.exe

yeo1992cc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10, v.1607 causes my laptop crash, how to fix? - Similar Threads - 1607 causes laptop

2. Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?: I wanted to Use hyper-V function on PC windows 11 PC.I belive the problem can be that i run it on not supported hardware. I run it on FX 8300.It works perfectly fine but when i insall the Hyper-v function and turned it on it bios i got Bluescreens.Can it be a diffrent reason...
  3. Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?: I wanted to Use hyper-V function on PC windows 11 PC.I belive the problem can be that i run it on not supported hardware. I run it on FX 8300.It works perfectly fine but when i insall the Hyper-v function and turned it on it bios i got Bluescreens.Can it be a diffrent reason...
  4. How to fix Plug in laptop cause lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix Plug in laptop cause lag: Whenever i plug in my charger it cause lag so i wasnt able to play my game i have already try change the power plan stuff but it dont work is there any way so that i can play some game peacefully?Info:Lenovo x2204 RamIntel Hd Graphic 3000Ps: I also notice the battery icon on...
  5. Windows 10 laptop crashed and magically fixed

Windows 10 laptop crashed and magically fixed: So apparently my laptop crashed and hasnt worked overnight. Next day I take it to the service center where magically it starts up and wrks without any problem. Tech guy asked me to backup everything and come back so they can take a closer look at it and here I am asking the...
  6. Hyper V causes BSOD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hyper V causes BSOD on Windows 10: I was trying to install Docker Desktop and it prompted me to enable Hyper V on my machine. After enabling Hyper V, Windows went into BSOD with SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error. I have searched high and low for solution but none worked. My Hardware: - CPU: intel...
  7. Intelaudioservice.exe faulting cause my laptop to crash

Intelaudioservice.exe faulting cause my laptop to crash: there are two error found in my event viewer number one is this Faulting application name: IntelAudioService.exe, version: 1.0.160.0, time stamp: 0x5c06849b Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset:...
  8. Hyper-V problem with starting a VM (Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit .1607)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V problem with starting a VM (Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit .1607): Hello, i've been experiencing problems with Hyper-V since last weeks thursday (09-03-2017, DD-MM-YYYY) trying to run it on Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit (up to date) with Hyper-V enabled. For some reason Hyper-V doesn't want to start any VM from my Windows 10 Enterprise...
  9. Windows 10 1607 & Ethernet card question & fix

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1607 & Ethernet card question & fix: I just noticed in my networks settings under connections it Says Ethernet 2 & Wi-Fi I cant change the name just to Ethernet & says being used. I had disabled the on board nforce as it wasn't compatible to windows 10 & uninstall the drivers then installed a realtek one. Is...
  10. Windows 10 v. 1607: What's this "Progress" window?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 v. 1607: What's this "Progress" window?: Windows 10 v. 1607 I now have a window titled "Progress." It shows along with File Explorer when I hover over File Explorer. I have no idea where it came from, but when I go to close it, I get the following alert: "This will cancel all files in progress" in the dropdown...