Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After May 9, 2017, Windows 10 devices running version 1507 will no longer receive security and quality updates. Microsoft recommends updating devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 8, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...curity-updates

Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates [​IMG]
    Tip Find Windows 10 Version Number

:)

Brink, May 8, 2017
  2. Jane Lla Win User

Your Device need latest security Update

Hello Georg,

We'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround.

Attach a snip of the pop-up message you're getting regarding the security update so we could further check.

Windows 10 version 1607 should still get security updates. The below article contains the updates released by Microsoft for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016. You may also use it as a guideline on how to manually update your OS:

Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 update history

In line with your concern, the Windows 10 version 1507 is the one that will no longer receive security updates:

We will keep an eye out for your response.

Regards.

Jane Lla, May 8, 2017
  3. Ian_CD Win User
    Windows 10 v1709 Upgrade installation fails

This is the page
    the security warning links to:

Your version of Windows 10 is out of date

Your device is running an older version of Windows 10. To continue to receive security updates and enjoy the latest features Windows 10 has to offer, you need to update your device to a newer version of Windows 10.*

Looks like the warning is actually aimed at those still running version 1507... following that * asterisk:

* If you continue to use your current version, your computer will still work, but since you won’t continue to receive new security updates, it could become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. To learn more about the end of service for
    Windows 10, version 1507, review the
    frequently asked questions

Mis-identifying the version this PC is running...

Ian_CD, May 8, 2017
  4. AntJac Win User

Sorry but if you are on Version 1703 the updates will continue as normal then?

AntJac, May 8, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Yes, and on 1607 and 1511. It's only the original release (1507, build 10240) that gone past its 'end of support'.

Bree, May 8, 2017
  6. AntJac Win User
    Cheers Brink *Smile

There seems to be more versions of Windows 10 than there is ipods!

AntJac, May 8, 2017
  7. microsoft needs to stop supporting the previous build of 10 a month after the new build. need yo push peeps to the new build for security reason.

ChaChaLaBoom, May 8, 2017
  8. reddice Win User

Bad numbering I keep thinking 1507 is the Creator's update which is build 15063 . Why Microsoft just say 10240 build is the one that is not getting no more updates.

reddice, May 9, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Do not confuse security updates with features updates. A Features Update is a new version with new... well... features. 1511, 1607 and now 1703 are all 'features updates' and involve installing a complete new system.

Security and bug-fix updates are another matter entirely. These fixes are patches for an existing system and apply equally to all versions. These are the Cumulative Updates, you get the latest security fixes regardless of which version of 10 you have - or you did until today when support for the oldest version just ended.

Versions with older features are supported for as long as they are on the Long Term Service Branch, the one designed to provide a stable and unchanging set of features for critical business systems. Currently the LTSB supports versions 1511 and 1607.

Bree, May 9, 2017
  10. Ghost82 Win User
    This is a good decission, as long as the newer builds are running flawless and without problem. There's no need to keep so many different builds of the same OS. Just lead to confussion.

Ghost82, May 9, 2017
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    There perhaps should only be 3 current builds at one time -- latest, previous and the one before ---- easier to maintain, gives people a reasonable time to prepare to update and fix if things don't work etc.

As a new build appears the oldest drops off.

For people really desperate to run old obsolete versions --there's always running as a VM as a realistic option.

Here for example Windows 98

Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates [​IMG]

Keeping Enterprise as a Long service version also makes sense - corporate application (Front end) software depends on many things - some heavily used software still requires W7 as a front end so sense there. Ms also can't control or has very limited control of this type of software.

It's no point though having a zillion versions of Windows available --all in different states of upgrade and security !!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 9, 2017
  12. i didn't. nice try, NOT.

ChaChaLaBoom, May 9, 2017
  13. Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates

amen.

ChaChaLaBoom, May 9, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    The need is for Microsoft's business and enterprise customers (and that's where the money is).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../waas-overview

15. DavidY Win User
    And yet here we are on 27th June, with another cumulative update for 1507 just coming out.

Cumulative Update KB4032695 Windows 10 v1507 Build 10240.17446 - Windows 10 Forums

With the last one (earlier this month) I installed a VM with regular 10240 Pro to see what happened and sure enough the Cumulative update got installed with no special actions on my part and no need to be on LTSB or similar.

So have Microsoft abandoned (or at least postponed) this end of support?

DavidY, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates - Similar Threads - version 1507 longer

2. Windows 10 version with Security updates only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 version with Security updates only: Hello all, I am officer Damasceno, with Wilson's Mills Police Department. I am looking for a Microsoft Windows 10 ISO that can be used to install in our patrol cars without all the unnecessary software. I understand there is Windows Spectre out there, but unfortunately that...
  3. Windows 10 version with Security updates only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 version with Security updates only: Hello all, I am officer Damasceno, with Wilson's Mills Police Department. I am looking for a Microsoft Windows 10 ISO that can be used to install in our patrol cars without all the unnecessary software. I understand there is Windows Spectre out there, but unfortunately that...
  4. Version of Windows 10 is out of date and no longer receiving updates after restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version of Windows 10 is out of date and no longer receiving updates after restore point: Hey all, hope everyone is doing alright. I have an HP Envy 17 old but great computer and I ran into some issues recently caused by a virus that "mysteriously" came in after uninstalling Norton AV. I tried restoring to previous times but nothing fixed the issue, so I had to...
  5. Windows 10 notification: "You're not receiving security updates"

Windows 10 notification: "You're not receiving security updates": Just got this message, 'Windows 10 notification: "You're not receiving security updates"'. Hmm. Actually windows just forced updates on me this week. I had Windows Pro, machine went south, re-installed Windows, never bothered to try to get Pro re-instated, just live w/ the...
  6. How much windows updates are there for windows 10 1507 or 21h1

How much windows updates are there for windows 10 1507 or 21h1: How much windows updates are there for windows 10 1507 or 21h1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-windows-updates-are-there-for-windows-10/27f1dd8e-0cae-44ce-8061-d9ccbe678f17
  7. Upgrade to latest version from "Windows 10 version 1507 build 10240"

Upgrade to latest version from "Windows 10 version 1507 build 10240": Hey, I am just curious to install the latest version of windows but the problem is Can I update it from my version 1507 to the latest Windows version? Some say it is too old and will not support an update, instead better to go for a clean installation. But I just need to...
  8. Update for Windows 10 Version 1507 for x64-based Systems KB4134662.

Update for Windows 10 Version 1507 for x64-based Systems KB4134662.: i can''t get my PC to update. Update for Windows 10 Version 1507 for x64-based Systems KB4134662. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-for-windows-10-version-1507-for-x64-based/b06a0caf-b9d5-459f-ac75-4398f13b90ed
  9. Windows 10 Version 1507 update failure

Windows 10 Version 1507 update failure: I have a x86 based machine that I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Every time I run Windows Update, the software attempts to install Version 1507, and fails. I don't know why the update app continues and fails to try this update. I am not sure how to find my current...
  10. Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates: After May 9, 2017, Windows 10 devices running version 1507 will no longer receive security and quality updates. Microsoft recommends updating devices to the latest version of Windows 10 by visiting the Software Download site and selecting Update now to manually update your...