Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1607 will not load

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1607 will not load in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Have Lenovo v570 and 2 nights ago MS pushed update version 1607 for windows 10. PC had basically a black screen with blue Windows logo in center of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nc99cobra, Sep 17, 2016.

1. nc99cobra Win User

Windows 10 version 1607 will not load

Have Lenovo v570 and 2 nights ago MS pushed update version 1607 for windows 10. PC had basically a black screen with blue Windows logo in center of screen with a small spinning wheel like in lower center. I let the go for several hours and then pushed to old power button. PC restarted and went back to same position. Waited several hours and nothing changed. Rebooted and held Windows key down and was presented with options to continue with Windows 10 or advanced options. Did continue and same result. Next time did advanced options and tried to go back to previous update and it failed saying select Reset PC option under advance options. I did not do this as I am hesitant as I understand it the Reset will remove all my applications but leave my data. I am not sure what that means, Office, TurboTax, etc, etc???
    Did some research on line ... and saw something that said after restarting the third time Windows will automatically restore back to prior version. Well that did not happen.
    Just wondering if anyone has thought on this and what action should I take. I do have a system restart set but forget when I last did that -- think right after I went to 10 earlier this year. That could be option but not sure what is total ramification if I chose that option.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

nc99cobra, Sep 17, 2016

2. aniversary version will not load (1607)

No error message.

Tried loading several times with no luck

Since I installed windows 10

No

jerkycc7479, Sep 17, 2016
  3. aniversary version will not load (1607)

aniversary version will not load (1607). Any suggestion

jerkycc7479, Sep 17, 2016
  4. f14tomcat Win User

2 days ago was the release of a new Insider Build 14926. Is this what you are referring to? Or are you referring to the Patch Tuesday Cumulative updates released last Tuesday, 9/13? What version are you currently running? Hold the Windows key and press R (winkey+R) and type winver, and press enter. Please posts answers. Thanks.....

f14tomcat, Sep 17, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Have you tried a cold restart? Turn off the PC at the mains or turn off the PSU switch on the rear of the PC, hold down the power on button for 30 secs then restore the power and turn on the PC. If you have laptop, you will need to remove the battery to have the same effect.

Steve C, Sep 17, 2016
  6. nc99cobra Win User
    I have to assume it is the 1607 release update as I have another laptop (Dell) which after sever turning off, pulling battery, the upgrade finished... and that is where I identified the update release number. The Lenovo, the problem PC, I pulled the battery before going to bed last night. I reinstalled and powered up. Got a Please Wait, then it went to Blue screen Recovery window stating there was a problem with install and gives me option to continue to Windows 10 or see advance repair options. The Advance Repair option is where it gives me choices, Go back to last release -- done that and it fails saying it cannot find, Other options are PC Reset, CheckPoint reset, etc... This is where I am not sure the impact of choosing options avail and is there something else that is available to me. I tried the Winkey+R but nothing happened... think for that to work the PC has to have brought up the Op Sys.

nc99cobra, Sep 17, 2016
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Do you have any recovery media for the problem PC? Do you have one for the laptop that is working?

f14tomcat, Sep 17, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

@nc99cobra

I'm not getting any answers to my questions. It is very difficult to help when there is little to no information to work with. If you are not sure what you are running and not really clear on how you got where you are, and the options so far don't help..... you may have to use the "restart set" you mentioned to start over. It's not clear if that is a system image or a vendor rescue media. Or you may have to use the working PC to create an Installation DVD or thumb drive to reinstall on the broken PC. I hope you have all your data backed up somewhere.

If the process of powering it off several times in the middle of an update has caused irreparable damage, and you have no rescue media, you may have no other option than to do a clean install.

At this point, I don't know what else to tell you. Too many questions, lots of unknowns, and no answers.

f14tomcat, Sep 17, 2016
  9. nc99cobra Win User
    Sorry do not know a way to tell what version without the PC being able to boot. I tried the option of going back to prior update -- the list only had two both on 9-15-2016 ... did the restore and it said it was successful. Tried to reboot and back at a windows logo and spinning wheel... will not reboot. I have data backedup on Western Digital drive ... just not sure I have all the source pgms to reload... that is my main hesitation to doing PC Reset and why I am reaching out to the community.

nc99cobra, Sep 17, 2016
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    You have the data on an external WD drive. May I ask how that data was saved to the drive? Was it a backup program or just copied?

f14tomcat, Sep 17, 2016
  11. nc99cobra Win User
    Realtime wireless backup of data.. Sorry for long period for response my wife just had knee replacement so my attention is spread many directions -- evidently there was another update last night and the Dell laptop that was working is now not booting .. Thank goodness for IPad

nc99cobra, Sep 18, 2016
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    Sorry about your wife, hope she heals up fast! Give her our best wishes.

I'm not aware of any Windows updates that occurred over the weekend. Could that possibly have been some thing you are subscribed to from Dell, or somewhere else?

What program, not method, are you using to do the wireless backup. I'm asking because I'm trying to get a feel for what are your best options. How easy it is to get to the backup data has a lot to do with how a recovery is handled. Can you actually look at the data on that WD and see the folders and files? Using Windows Explorer? That may be impossible to answer now, since your one working machine is now also sick. Let me know what you can, when you can.

You and your wife take care. This will get fixed, she comes first.

TC

f14tomcat, Sep 18, 2016
  13. nc99cobra Win User

She is doing better... the first three weeks are really indescribable -- the pain and the PT which just rips the healing tissue... thanks
    I have made some progress... I was able to restore back to 9-7-2016 on the Lenovo and I have a working OS and PC. The problem I now see is there are a stack of Windows update downloading and waiting to be installed. I went into settings and Security - Updates and tried to find a setting for manual updates ... no such thing .. was able to flip option to advise me of update and let me schedule. I hope with that it will allow me to apply decide which of the downloaded updates to apply so I can select one at a time.... There seems to be updates for Windows 8 in the list I do not understand why they would be there.
    Here is screen shots of what is waiting or still in the download process.

Windows 10 version 1607 will not load [​IMG]

Windows 10 version 1607 will not load [​IMG]

nc99cobra, Sep 19, 2016
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    The one you see that references Windows 8 is the Malicious Software Removal Tool. It's also for 8.1 & 10. Not a problem. All the ones that say 1511 are updates to the Pre Anniversary version of Windows 10 10586. They are necessary to get the system up to date for the BIG one which is the 1607 Feature Update. That one (1607) brings you to the Anniversary Edition 14393. All good. You have a bunch of OFFICE updates, ok. The last 2 are vendor updates from HP for your multi-purpose printer, ok.

You can't, in W10, selectively pick and choose which one you want. All or nothing. There is an exception to that, for some drivers, but that does not apply right now. The 2 HPs are driver updates, I think, ok.

Bottom line, you need to let them install.

f14tomcat, Sep 19, 2016
  15. nc99cobra Win User
    Ok... I hope it will not remove my successful 9-7-2016 point ... I am really getting nervous on this ...
    And regarding the WD drive... it is wireless set up to capture any changes to files dynamically and yes I do have access to the drive by folder and file level. Really a neat device, have not had to use it yet... but all should be good there... thanks for your help. I am going to guess this PC will be tied up all day tomorrow loading updates.
    Jim

nc99cobra, Sep 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 1607 will not load - Similar Threads - version 1607 load

2. Cortana is not working Windows 10 1607 version

in Cortana
    Cortana is not working Windows 10 1607 version: Hello,My Cortana is not working, when i type something like " google " cortana doesn't search anything like a white boxso yeah can anyone help me ?...
  3. windows 10 version 1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 version 1607: My computer has been in storage for awhile, When i got it out and turned it on it started updates automatically. My problem is I am on version 1607 and update is taking it to version 20h2.. The system is locking up and wont upgrade. Is there a need to upgrade in window...
  4. Windows 10 version 1809 image shows as Windows 10 version 1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1809 image shows as Windows 10 version 1607: I am confused and looking for help as I have not been able to resolve my issue. I downloaded the Windows 10 version 1809 ISO I created a boot USB stick I did a clean install of Windows 10 1809 After the install completed I checked the version number and it showed as 1809 I...
  5. Issue with Windows 10 version 1607

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Windows 10 version 1607: The option ‘show window side by side’ is not responding but it shows window stacked. I have Windows 10 version 1607. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/issue-with-windows-10-version-1607/e843b827-3494-43ef-9035-04d04e39c0c4
  6. Windows 10, version 1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10, version 1607: After this update I have a Windows-Old folder, 17.6 gig. Can this folder be deleted? Happy with update and will not go back to 1511. 64037
  7. Windows 10 update to version 1607

Windows 10 update to version 1607: I did not know the "Anniversary Update" would install, like, Windows 11. (may well have been) I first had issues with the update error 'Can't yada, yada due to USB device. I found a reg fix for that. Loaded the update and it took like forever. OK, finally finished and last...
  8. stuck on windows version 1607

stuck on windows version 1607: Just to start Please speak in lamens terms cuz im not very smart with computers, but im currently stuck on windows version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1480). I'm running win 10 pro. I tried downloading the standalone installers and it just says they are not available for me. Please...
  9. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607: Failed to install, I have tried several times , but each time msg appears failed to update, and system undoes changes . First time for me this ( several occasions over the years have led to me needing to reinstall updates, but this one is pretty unforgiving ) I need...
  10. Windows 10 1607 Version Issues with Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1607 Version Issues with Drives: Is anyone else having issues with 1607? Mine is that I lose data within folders on a drive. When I reboot, the drive disappears. I have switched cables and Sata slots and it is still the same. I am running a WD Red NAS 6 TB drive. I have installed it into another Windows 10...