Windows 10: Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update Broke My Computer

Discus and support Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update Broke My Computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So yesterday, I finally bit the bullet and decided to let my PC do the Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update. After about 8 hours, I finally went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AUTiger1, Jan 25, 2018.

1. AUTiger1 Win User

Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update Broke My Computer

So yesterday, I finally bit the bullet and decided to let my PC do the Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update. After about 8 hours, I finally went to bed and let it keep running. Well sometime during the night it finally finished. Logged in this morning only to see that all my files had been moved. Fixing that was easy. I just renamed the location under This PC to fix it.

But then I realize the big issue about Windows Store and several default apps being missing. Well I cannot successfully use my PC without using things such as the store, calculator and sticky notes. Those are things I use constantly. Tried manually resetting them in the apps menu to no avail. Then I tried reinstalling them using power shell as an administrator. No such luck.

Finally decided to just roll back to the previous version of windows only to be told that I need to delete any new accounts created, an account showing up with my name, was specified. WTF? I didn't create any new accounts. I'm the administrator account. I can't delete myself and even if I could I wouldn't because I'd lose my stuff and I don't have the ability to back it up at this moment. So what exactly am I to do? My PC is now broke and pretty much completely useless.

All I can say is Thank God I've got the ability to buy a new one, but I'm totally tiffed that Microsoft would release a product that takes a perfectly fine PC and makes it completely unusable.

:)

AUTiger1, Jan 25, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 OPERATING SYSTEM GONE - PC BACK TO WINDOWS 7

Sounds like you were running Windows 10 Version 1607 [AKA Anniversary Update] and then Windows Update offered & installed (i.e., upgraded you to) Windows 10 Version 1703 [AKA Creators Update].

Windows 10 Version 1703 may look like Windows 7 to you but it's really just a "new look" for Windows 10.

Assuming everything is working properly now, let's obey the First Rule of Computers:
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it! <wink>

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 25, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 25, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update Broke My Computer

You should upgrade to newest version of the Windows 10 version 1709. If you want to install the update now, go to the Microsoft software download website and select Update now. Before doing this, you'll need to make sure your device is up to date. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update. Select Check for updates. If updates are available, install them.

FreeBooter, Jan 25, 2018
  5. AUTiger1 Win User
    Alright, turns out that 1709 was the version of Windows that I installed and I just ran a Windows Update and it said my computer is up to date. So how in the world do I fix my windows store and apps?

AUTiger1, Jan 25, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Jan 25, 2018
  7. AUTiger1 Win User
    Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update Broke My Computer [​IMG]

Is this normal or does this mean my computer is even more screwed up than I thought?

AUTiger1, Jan 25, 2018
  8. Winuser Win User

Winuser, Jan 25, 2018
  9. AUTiger1 Win User
    AUTiger1, Jan 25, 2018
  10. AUTiger1 Win User
    AUTiger1, Jan 25, 2018
  11. AUTiger1 Win User
    Well I've done many of the suggestions listed and slowly many of my apps are coming back but my store is still missing. But what's silly is that the store actually opened, I don't know how, just that it popped up but there was no icon on the task bar. I don't understand why it's not showing up under the start menu. But I can do a search for an app and the store will open up that way. This just doesn't make any sense. Also, sticky notes is still missing.

AUTiger1, Jan 26, 2018
  12. Reinstall Windows store and Windows sticky notes.

Open the Powershell as a administrator.

Execute following commands one at time.

Code: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11709.1001.27.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_2.0.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode[/quote] You might need to restart your computer.

FreeBooter, Jan 26, 2018
  13. AUTiger1 Win User

I feel like I am so close to fixing this. Here's my latest update, after yet another restart after trying another suggestion and it failing. I can open Windows Store, if I go into search and pull up an app. The store will open and is operational, but it still doesn't show up under start and there is no icon on the taskbar. But it asks me if I want to launch but the other box is grayed out. Same with sticky notes, except when I click launch nothing happens. Here's the screen grabs to show what I'm talking about.

AUTiger1, Jan 26, 2018
  14. Have you executed commands i ask you do so if yes can you please execute them again but this time please post screenshot of the commands and there output.

FreeBooter, Jan 26, 2018
  15. AUTiger1 Win User
    You might need to restart your computer.[/quote] Did that and this is what happened.

Went ahead and restarted anyway. Still no store or sticky notes. But all the rest of the windows apps are there, many of which only came back after several didn't things were done.

I'm about ready to give up on this problem. Computer appears to be running fine except for those minor issues. Also, I'm about to get a new one anyway and this one will be my back up. So it's not a major issue. I'll just live with it I guess.

AUTiger1, Jan 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Version 1703 Creator's Update Broke My Computer - Similar Threads - Version 1703 Creator's

2. Creators Update Broke Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Creators Update Broke Edge: All other browser work fine... but after the Creators Update Edge is behaving badly with intermittent problems. Main error is 'Hmmm... cannot reach this page' with 'The DNS server might be having problems. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND' when Details is clicked....
  3. Creator update 1703 downloads and installs, but then ...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creator update 1703 downloads and installs, but then ...: I have been trying for days now to update from 1607 (OS 14393.1358) to 1703. I've used Update Assistant and Media Creation Tool; the necessary files are downloaded and installed (which seems to take forever), but immediately upon rebooting, the computer reverts back to 1607....
  4. My Results Creators Update 1703

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Results Creators Update 1703: Hi all; 070917- 4.33pm-est My updated as noted from Windows version is 10.0.14393 build 14393 aka 1607 to Creators Update 1703 produced the following results. This is the first time an update with the same version number to just a new build has forced me to roll back...
  5. Will RSAT 1.2 work with Windows 10 1703 Creators Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will RSAT 1.2 work with Windows 10 1703 Creators Update?: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Pro Anniversary (1607) with Microsoft RSAT (Remote Server Administrative Tools) 1.2 which was a special "newer" version of these tools I needed when I upgraded from Windows 10 1511. I have the Windows 10 upgrade program and while it was...
  6. DISM problem , on windows 10 creators update , ver.1703

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM problem , on windows 10 creators update , ver.1703: Hi , two days ago ( 2/5/2017) upgraded my windows 10 system from ver.1607 to ver.1703 , so called Creators update and immediately ran sfc /scannow ( no integrity violation ), DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth ( component store repairable ) and DISM /Online...
  7. Creators Update 1703 fixed all my problems !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update 1703 fixed all my problems !!: I just thought I'd add my two cents' worth, seeing as I've read a lot of very negative feedback regarding the Creators Update 1703. Before upgrading, I was having all sorts of problems with my PC, which, until a few months ago had been working reasonably well. I really...
  8. Unable to update to Creator Update 1703

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update to Creator Update 1703: Hello, I have just downloaded the update assistant to update to Windows 10 Creator Update 1703. The assistant warns me that my Windows 10 version is outdated (14393) and that I need to install the 15063. The download starts up regularly and the installation starts also...
  9. Creators Update version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creators Update version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413): I updated my Desktop with the latest Creators Update (1703 (OS Build 15063.413)) on 1st July. It has worked smoothly and without a hiccup for five days. Should I consider my updated Windows 10 as stable or wait for some more time? Suggestions please. Amarnath Wanchoo 88277
  10. disable auto arrange in Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703

in Windows 10 Support
    disable auto arrange in Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703: I am also also using latest Classic Shell..... I have tried all reg edits etc listed on this forum and all they do is enable "auto arrange" to show so I can ck or unck it but uncked it will not allow me to even move folders or icons which are inside another folder. Work...