Windows 10: Windows 10, Version 1803 USB Issues

Discus and support Windows 10, Version 1803 USB Issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am having trouble connecting my mouse and other peripherals to certain USB ports. I tried different mice, Troubleshooter, reinstalling the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tasha2000NP, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Windows 10, Version 1803 USB Issues

Hi,

I am having trouble connecting my mouse and other peripherals to certain USB ports. I tried different mice, Troubleshooter, reinstalling the drivers for the USB Root Hub, power cycling my PC but the issue remains. From my research I understand the issue might be caused by the Spring update (1803). It's been more than 10 days since I installed the Spring update so rolling back is not an option and I'd rather NOT reset my Windows. Is there any other way to confirm the USB ports are not working because of the Spring update?

:)

Tasha2000NP, Aug 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    • Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10, Version 1803 USB Issues

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10, Version 1803 USB Issues

1. Windows 10, Version 1803 USB Issues - Similar Threads - Version 1803 USB

2. Windows 10 Version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 1803: Where do I find a Windows 10 version (iso format) to be used to format our machines here at Gospel rescue mission. We have not moved to 1903 yet and need to stay at 1803. Thanks Jim Riley...
  3. window 10 version 1803 updating or installation issue

window 10 version 1803 updating or installation issue: when I try to update my pc then when it is downloading it stops after reach 100% and can not be processed further .then when I troubleshoot window update of restart the pc, it starts updating from the beginning again. if someone have solution regarding this problem please...
  4. Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 version 1803: I have a computer with a 32GB solid state drive (SSD). The update version 1803 was downloaded to a flash dive. In order to install Windows 10 version 1803 an additional 5GB of disk space is needed. There is only about 4 GB available. I could delete programs and adjust the...
  5. Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 version 1803: Why did Microsoft decide to remove the homegroup from Windows 10 version 1803? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-version-1803/af9221f1-70b7-4f4c-94ee-1eb791f1c2a2
  6. Windows 10 version 1803

Windows 10 version 1803: I have been trying without success to upgrade an ASUS M11AA desktop from 1709 to 1803 without success, usual blue/black screens and freezing. Current OS is version 1709 build : 16299.611. Frustration lead me to ASUS help services who advise this model does not support...
  7. Windows 10 Update version 1803 issue with Edge browser

Windows 10 Update version 1803 issue with Edge browser: Hi, I have my own application which opens pdf files in Edge browser in Windows 10. While opening pdf file it creates a temporary folder (with random name) in %temp% directory. In that temporary directory my application keeps the copy of pdf file and renames it to random...
  8. Windows 10 Version 1803

Windows 10 Version 1803: I recently had to do a factory restore. When all was up and running and updates were performed, all updates were successful except Version 1803. A couple of sites say that my Microsoft browser needs to be updated and the only update that I can not seem to install is Version...
  9. Windows 10, version 1803

Windows 10, version 1803: This update will not download. I have tried linking computer to ultra-fast broadband connection but still it fails to download. It stops all other downloads. Any ideas on a fix?...
  10. Avast fixes issues with Windows 10 version 1803 and their antivirus

in Windows 10 News
    Avast fixes issues with Windows 10 version 1803 and their antivirus: Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) isn’t free of all the bugs, and the new version of the operating system has ended up breaking machines or brought some compatibility issues. Avast recently acknowledged a compatibility issue with Windows 10 version 1803 and their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ver 1803 usb issue