Windows 10: Windows 10 virtual desktop transition animation

Discus and support Windows 10 virtual desktop transition animation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently got to set up my sister's new ASUS R541U laptop. To my surprise, switching between virtual desktops in Windows 10 with the four-finger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by drLaba, Aug 1, 2018.

1. drLaba Win User

Windows 10 virtual desktop transition animation

I recently got to set up my sister's new ASUS R541U laptop.

To my surprise, switching between virtual desktops in Windows 10 with the four-finger horizontal slide gesture on its touchpad was a whole different experience than on my ASUS K501U. I only experienced such "smoothness" before working on a Mac or Surface Pro.

Here's a short video comparison - R541U (my sister's) on the left, my K501U on the right: https://youtu.be/3lZ44TK52A8

Is it possible to get this smooth drag transition animation working on my ASUS K501U?

I looked on the Internet and what I found was that resetting "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing"

Both devices run current Windows 10 version (1803), though ASUS R541U had the transition even before the update (out of the box).

Windows 10 virtual desktop transition animation [​IMG]

:)

drLaba, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Windows 10: Virtual desktops get a new transition

Read more...

Jykd9g4CxZk

Brink, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Remove animation on the Virtual Desktops

How do I disable the animation, when I transit from one desktop to the other?

Maybe a registry or something?

Skylaw Walyks, Aug 1, 2018
  4. tibbus Win User

Virtual desktops animations are slow

Hey,

I have a powerful laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed :
    • CPU : i7-4712HQ @2.3Ghz
    • RAM : 16 GB
    • Video : Nvidia GeForce GT 750M

When I switch between virtual desktops the animations are pretty laggy, which it's kinda weird, because on my Surface 3 Pro which is a low weaker than this laptop the animations are very smooth.

Do you have any idea of what I can try ?

PS : Animation is not so slow, but it has some lag. I also have in the Intel and Nvidia Graphics all set up to high performance.

tibbus, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 virtual desktop transition animation - Similar Threads - virtual desktop transition

2. Update added an animated transition when changing virtual desktops. How can I undo that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update added an animated transition when changing virtual desktops. How can I undo that?: I didn't ask for an animation and I don't want it. There's no simple or obvious way to turn it off so how can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-added-an-animated-transition-when-changing/8dd8ad65-c39b-4bac-b49c-66342b761d3f
  3. Update added an animated transition when changing virtual desktops. How can I undo that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update added an animated transition when changing virtual desktops. How can I undo that?: I didn't ask for an animation and I don't want it. There's no simple or obvious way to turn it off so how can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-added-an-animated-transition-when-changing/8dd8ad65-c39b-4bac-b49c-66342b761d3f
  4. When will we get virtual desktop transition animation finally fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will we get virtual desktop transition animation finally fixed?: I have been waiting for over a year for this. MS Windows has been making a lot of updates that no one really asked for or needs. Please may we get the virtual desktop animations we've been asking for, for over a year. It's extremely hard navigating virtual desktops without...
  5. When will we get virtual desktop transition animation finally fixed?

When will we get virtual desktop transition animation finally fixed?: I have been waiting for over a year for this. MS Windows has been making a lot of updates that no one really asked for or needs. Please may we get the virtual desktop animations we've been asking for, for over a year. It's extremely hard navigating virtual desktops without...
  6. Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation: Hi, is there a way to enable virtual desktop switching animation in Windows 11? When I'm switching to another virtual desktop using Ctrl+win+left/right or swiping 4 fingers on the trackpad, it instantly changes to the other desktop. I've read some threads on this issue which...
  7. Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation

Windows 11 Virtual Desktop Animation: Hi, is there a way to enable virtual desktop switching animation in Windows 11? When I'm switching to another virtual desktop using Ctrl+win+left/right or swiping 4 fingers on the trackpad, it instantly changes to the other desktop. I've read some threads on this issue which...
  8. Is there someway to 'Increase Windows 10 Desktop Slideshow Transition Animation Duration' ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there someway to 'Increase Windows 10 Desktop Slideshow Transition Animation Duration' ?: Back in the the win7 days there was a hidden setting in registry that used to control the speed of the transition animation of the desktop's wallpaper slideshow. But as far as I tried with this reg tweak on Win10, it seems that it cannot be done the same way as with Win7. So...
  9. Virtual desktops animations are slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Virtual desktops animations are slow: Hey, I have a powerful laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed : CPU : i7-4712HQ @2.3Ghz RAM : 16 GB Video : Nvidia GeForce GT 750M When I switch between virtual desktops the animations are pretty laggy, which it's kinda weird, because on my Surface 3 Pro which is a low...
  10. Windows 10: Virtual desktops get a new transition

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Virtual desktops get a new transition: Microsoft has pushed out an update for Windows 10 that brings the build number to 9860 and with it, there are several improvements over the last build, 9841. One such enhancement is the new transition for virtual desktops that makes it easier to know if you have switched...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtual desktop animation laggy switching

2. windows 10 virtual desktop laggy animation

3. Windows asus virtual Desktop

4. transition desktops on windows