Windows 10: Windows 10 wakes up from sleep all by itself

Discus and support Windows 10 wakes up from sleep all by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Since a few weeks ago, I have noticed that my Windows 10 64-bit machine wakes up from sleep/hibernation automatically without my intervention.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve06, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Steve06 Win User

Windows 10 wakes up from sleep all by itself

Hello,
    Since a few weeks ago, I have noticed that my Windows 10 64-bit machine wakes up from sleep/hibernation automatically without my intervention. I should mention that I have never had this issue before and that I have not changed the hardware.

Running "powercfg -lastwake" at the command prompt immediately after such an unwanted wake up indicates the following culprit each and every time:

Intel (R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 - 1E16

Can somebody help me to further narrow down the cause?

What I have tried without success:
    - My system is up to date as per (1) Windows Update, (2) updates proposed on Asrock (Motherboard) website, (3) updates proposed by Intel Driver Update utility
    - I unplugged and immediately replugged all my USB cables but to no avail.
    - Disabling Wake up from magic packets within my ethernet adapters settings.
    - Shutting down a couple of newly installed applications like Bluestacks Android App Launcher running in the background.

Thanks in advance,
    Steve

:)

Steve06, Mar 18, 2016
  2. MSuser89 Win User

computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10

computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10 right when in goes into sleep mode. so it wakes up immediately after going into sleep mode. how to fix?

MSuser89, Mar 18, 2016
  3. PC Wakes from Sleep By Itself

What is the make and model of your computer?

What have you done so far to troubleshoot the problem?

How long has this been happening?

Sometimes your computers firmware, which deals with things like power management, which is related to sleep needs to be updated. Remember, the issue you are experiencing here is outside of Windows, where its not resuming from sleep. Windows is in a saved state
    on the hard disk and can't manage the hardware resources, thats left up to Firmware (your BIOS) to handle. So, its obvious this more a hardware issue than software, but updated driver software can fix it.

It could suggest you need to update your chipset drivers and BIOS.

I recommend you update the most critical ones: BIOS, Chipset, Display Driver, Network adapters.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

If that does not work, I recommend you try two things

First: Boot to the Windows 10 desktop

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Batteries

Right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System.

Choose Update Driver Software.

Make sure you are connected to the Internet, the check for updates.

When complete, restart then check if you can sleep and wake.

Second option

uninstall your display driver then restart

Boot to the Windows 10 desktop

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart

If that does not work, well, we need to try something else. Try resetting the BIOS:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-pc-bios-...

Andre Da Costa, Mar 18, 2016
  4. Windows 10 wakes up from sleep all by itself

Had this problem too. Try: From device manager, open the properties of your Ethernet card. On the power management tab, make sure "Allow this device to wake the computer" is unchecked.

Windows 10 wakes up from sleep all by itself [​IMG]

SeanFilidis, Mar 18, 2016
  5. Steve06 Win User
    That was exactly the solution! Thanks so much!!

Steve06, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 wakes up from sleep all by itself

1. Windows 10 wakes up from sleep all by itself - Similar Threads - wakes sleep itself

2. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep: I’ve been having something of a nightmare for the last 3 months with one of my self-built desktop PCs. It was built in 2014 based on a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB motherboard with an AMD FX-4130 CPU and has 16GB RAM. Originally it was a Windows 7 only machine installed on a Sandisk...
  3. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep: Recently my desktop has been waking itself from sleep from time to time, and yesterday night it started, rgb fans and all, right in front of my face at 1am. I have tried many things to fix it, including disabling wake timers in advanced power settings, disabling wake for...
  4. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep: Recently my desktop has been waking itself from sleep from time to time, and yesterday night it started, rgb fans and all, right in front of my face at 1am. I have tried many things to fix it, including disabling wake timers in advanced power settings, disabling wake for...
  5. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Laptop wakes itself up from sleep

Laptop wakes itself up from sleep: Hi, After putting my Dell XPS 13 9370 in sleep mode by closing the lid, it wakes up on its own after a random period of time from minutes to hours. I've taken a look at the event viewer and the culprit always seems to be a sequence of 3 events: Event 1 Log Name:...
  7. Laptop keeps waking up from sleep by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keeps waking up from sleep by itself: After the latest update (1909 I think), my laptop keeps waking itself up from sleep and won’t go back to sleep. It does this no matter if I manually click sleep or shut the lid. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this? I have an MSI GS65 if that matters. submitted by...
  8. PC waking up by itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC waking up by itself from sleep: Since installing the 1903 update (running W10 Pro), I've noticed on several occasions that my PC has turned itself on from sleep... I've done some investigating and found the following is waking up the PC: [img] What is "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" exactly and...
  9. Windows 10 - waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - waking up from sleep: Hi all, Just joined site as got nowhere else to turn to *Sad As of recently a week or 2 now, when I put my computer into sleep mode it goes to sleep no problem. I have enabled it to wake up either using my keyboard or mouse which is fine, but I know have noticed a...
  10. Win10/pc wakes up from sleep by itself (is this normal?)

Win10/pc wakes up from sleep by itself (is this normal?): When my PC goes into sleep mode, I noticed that my pc (using Windows10) wakes up by itself intermittently and goes to my login screen or window that shows my time/date/weather. This only happens when I'm connected to the internet. Could it be programs trying to auto...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wakes up by itself

2. win10 v1909 wakes itself from sleep

3. how did pc wake on itself

4. windows 10 wakes from sleep by itself,
  5. windows 10 wakes right up when going into sleep,
  6. windows 10 pc wakes from sleeep by itself