Windows 10: Windows 10 wallpaper sync

Discus and support Windows 10 wallpaper sync in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Something that works some times and doesn't work other times. Two Windows 10 computers on the same workgroup and signed into the same Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by khl, Mar 16, 2017.

1. KHL
    khl Win User

Windows 10 wallpaper sync

Something that works some times and doesn't work other times.

Two Windows 10 computers on the same workgroup and signed into the same Microsoft account and operating through the same router and sharing the same Internet account. All Windows 10 sync settings are turned on for both computers and network discovery is turned on for both computers.

Sometimes when the wallpaper background is changed on one computer, that background also changes on both computers. However, at other times when the identical action is taken, the change of wallpaper on one computer will have no effect on the other. There's no apparent explanation of why this does happen or does not happen.

This is not a problem. Rather, it's an unexplained mystery that appears to be unsolvable.

When I posted the question in a Microsoft forum. one of the "MSFT" experts insinuated that wallpaper syncing does not work regardless of what others say. The response was "Wallpaper synchronization is done on a lazy basis so that we don't get in the way of other system activities. I would not expect it to be able to be used to synchronize two systems. You could turn off synching and instead manually set each to be equal to the other, though. *Smile"

:)

2. Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update - install gives me old wallpaper

Hi Garry,

Windows 10 will display your old wallpaper or theme even after performing a clean installation if the Sync settings is turned on. If you want to change the wallpaper that is associated with your Microsoft account, make sure to turn off the Sync settings
    on your device and then change the wallpaper. Once you already set your preferred wallpaper, turn on the Sync settings. Visit this
    link for further information about the Sync settings on Windows 10 devices.

If further assistance is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Mar 16, 2017
  3. xweel Win User
    Synced Theme doesn't work

Thanks for the reply ^^

I can't think of any major changes that I have done, and I ran the troubleshooter before, but I did so again now. At first it showed me a message saying that some apps have sync turned off after clicking next I got two issues detected:

-No rootcauses found and created logs

-Some settings have sync turned off (in Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings, I have everything turned on, of course including "Theme")

After constantly switching between the "Unsaved Theme" and the "Synced Theme" on the main PC, the wallpaper on the second PC finally changed, but the main PC is still on "Unsaved Theme" while the second is on "Synced Theme". I tried changing the wallpaper
    again on the main PC, but it didn't change on the second PC.

Here is the current situation:

Wallpaper 1, Wallpaper 2, and Wallpaper 3.

Wallpaper 1 on main PC and second PC is synced.

Changed to Wallpaper 2 on main PC, but second PC stayed on Wallpaper 1.The "Synced Theme" had Wallpaper 1 in both PCs.

After constantly switching themes in the main PC, the "Synced Theme" and the second PC finally displayed Wallpaper 2. (I also turned the Sync settings on and off 2 or 3 times before it synced, but of course it was on before running the troubleshooter)

Now the main PC is still on "Unsaved Theme" with Wallpaper 2, which is no problem, but I tried changing to Wallpaper 3 and it didn't sync. Switching to "Synced Theme" on the main PC still shows Wallpaper 2, and changing to Wallpaper 3 while on "Synced Theme"
    changes the used theme from "Synced Theme" to "Unsaved Theme" on the main PC.

*Changing to Wallpaper 2 was done yesterday, and it only finally synced an hour or so after posting this question.

Does syncing take 1 day? I doubt it.

So basically I am not able to change the wallpaper on the "Synced Theme" properly. If there is a specific workaround way to edit the "Synced Theme" that would be great even if it's a more complicated process then simply changing the background on a PC.

Thanks ^_^

xweel, Mar 16, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 wallpaper sync

1. Windows 10 wallpaper sync - Similar Threads - wallpaper sync

2. Sync Windows Spotlight desktop wallpaper and lock screen wallpaper Windows 11 ^22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Windows Spotlight desktop wallpaper and lock screen wallpaper Windows 11 ^22H2: Windows with the 22H2 update have a feature to use Windows Spotlight for the desktop wallpapers, which is great, but I wanted to have the same wallpaper from the spotlight for the lock screen and desktop at a time to get that fade-in effect after sign-in.I want to know that...
  3. Sync Windows Spotlight desktop wallpaper and lock screen wallpaper Windows 11 ^22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Windows Spotlight desktop wallpaper and lock screen wallpaper Windows 11 ^22H2: Windows with the 22H2 update have a feature to use Windows Spotlight for the desktop wallpapers, which is great, but I wanted to have the same wallpaper from the spotlight for the lock screen and desktop at a time to get that fade-in effect after sign-in.I want to know that...
  4. Retrieving a lost wallpaper from the cloud sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieving a lost wallpaper from the cloud sync: I once made a unique wallpaperthen I cloned my OS drive to an SSD because of course I was gonna do thatbut, stuff went wrong, and data got lostbut, Microsoft saved my custom wallpaper on cloud sync, so it's still technically in existence, right?but, alas, I have no clue how...
  5. Retrieving a lost wallpaper from the cloud sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieving a lost wallpaper from the cloud sync: I once made a unique wallpaperthen I cloned my OS drive to an SSD because of course I was gonna do thatbut, stuff went wrong, and data got lostbut, Microsoft saved my custom wallpaper on cloud sync, so it's still technically in existence, right?but, alas, I have no clue how...
  6. Wallpaper Synced with Work Machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper Synced with Work Machine: Realized this is quite long winded I like to elaborate extensively when telling stories, Missus hates it lol. Added a tldr at the bottom.Hi guys, So I have a home Gaming PC on Win 10 which is logged in using my Microsoft account.Has been for a while and I haven't had any...
  7. So I got this new laptop and realised that some of my PC wallpapers had synced up with it,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I got this new laptop and realised that some of my PC wallpapers had synced up with it,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PervyPervet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/liuh4g/so_i_got_this_new_laptop_and_realised_that_some/
  8. Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled

Settings and wallpaper synced between computers, even when the Sync setting is disabled: So I have a QWERTY laptop and an AZERTY desktop, both linked to the same microsoft account. And even thought the "Sync my Settings" option is disabled, my desktop still automatically changes my wallpeper to the one I have on my laptop, and some of my settings too for example...
  9. Slideshow Wallpaper Doesn't Sync. after Shutdown

Slideshow Wallpaper Doesn't Sync. after Shutdown: I had a Windows 10 Pro 1909 and the Problem is, I Created a 24 hour Daytime cycle wallpapers for Slideshow and set it to 1hour Interval BUT, Unfortunateely It wont Sync after Shutdown and it will pause to the last wallpaper. Any suggestions how to fix it?...
  10. Wallpaper sync on 2 laptops with local user accounts

Wallpaper sync on 2 laptops with local user accounts: Hi I have an HP laptop which has always had a local User account. I bought a new Dell laptop again using a local user account and have been using that for the last couple of months. I just fired up the HP to have a look at something and then after leaving it in sleep mode...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wallpaper doesnt sync