Windows 10: Windows 10, wanted to move user profile from D: to C:, sysptep fail

Discus and support Windows 10, wanted to move user profile from D: to C:, sysptep fail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I am trying to move my user profile from D drive back to C drive by following the instructions from Move Users Folder Location in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pwwong, Sep 2, 2015.

1. pwwong Win User

Windows 10, wanted to move user profile from D: to C:, sysptep fail

Hello Guys,

I am trying to move my user profile from D drive back to C drive by following the instructions from
    Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10
    method two: created an unattended answer file at D:relocate.xml and then issued the command
    net stop wmpnetworksvc
    %windir%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /oobe /reboot /unattend:d:\relocate.xml
    But sysptep fail.
    A copy of setupact.log, relocate.xml adn screen shot of command prompt window is attached.

Please help, Thanks.

:)

pwwong, Sep 2, 2015
  2. kzch Win User

Error upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 - error 0x800700A1 - 0x2000A during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT

I fixed my own problem.

Origially, I have some user profiles relocated in D:\Users\userxyz, and I created junction at C:\Users\userxyz, so that the windows and apps would still think the user profile is at C:\Users\userxyz. I was able to upgrade several windows 7 systems to windows
    10 without the need to move the user profile back to C:. But not this system.

After I removed the junctions and moved the original profile folders back to c:\users\, I was able to upgrade to Windows 10.

kzch, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Move user profiles including TEMP from C (SSD) to D (hard)

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Glad to know that the issue is fixed. Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future. We'll be more than happy to assist you again.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10, wanted to move user profile from D: to C:, sysptep fail

1. Windows 10, wanted to move user profile from D: to C:, sysptep fail - Similar Threads - wanted move user

2. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  3. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  4. How to move Edge from C to D?

in Browsers and Email
    How to move Edge from C to D?: I have Win 10 Pro 21H1 I have a small SSD, running out of space. I wanted to uninstall Edge, and re-install on the D partition. Control Panel only allows "Change" In Start > Settings > Apps the Uninstall button is greyed out. Please advise. Thanks. 184047
  5. moving windows from C: to D:

moving windows from C: to D:: Is this safe and possible cause I have a ssd that is almost full and i want to move the whole windows folder to data which I think is hdd but I don't know how or if it is safe to do so without any damage done....
  6. Moving user profile folder from C to a different drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving user profile folder from C to a different drive: I'm going to do a fresh install and I don't want the profile folder on my C drive for 2 reasons - its a small SSD, and I want all data to be on a separate drive so my OS drive is separate. I can move my Document/Download etc folders but thats not enough at all, everything...
  7. User profile issue after moving Downloads from C: to D:

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User profile issue after moving Downloads from C: to D:: (All below is on Windows 10) Hello! I used Properties > Location > Move on downloads to move from C: to D:. However that led to Downloads then having the entirety of D: inside it. So I reverted it to C: doing the same method, which seemed to merge my user profile with...
  8. Move my c:/Users/{profile} to the D:/users/{profile}

Move my c:/Users/{profile} to the D:/users/{profile}: I have an SSD as the C: drive. and a large HDD as the D: drive. Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 I want to keep the stuff I do not use all the time off the SSD drive. I have two users Admin and {J} account. I want to move the working data for the {j} account to...
  9. moving thunderbird data from C to D

in Browsers and Email
    moving thunderbird data from C to D: I want to move all Thunderbird data and settings from C to D (easier back-up). I followed the instructions from Mozilla (moving a profile). I am able to: find the profiles folder, moving the profiles folder, creating a new profile with thunderbird.exe -p, changing the...
  10. Moving C:\users profile folders from C to [other place] - drawbacks?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Moving C:\users profile folders from C to [other place] - drawbacks?: Guys & Gals, this covers not only Windows 10, also covers Windows 8 and 7, all versions/all editions. I know there are several places that give details on how to move C:\users' users profile folders from C to another partition or to another HD [internal]. There are...