Windows 10: Windows 10: WD Hard Drive under Devices and Drives in This PC

Discus and support Windows 10: WD Hard Drive under Devices and Drives in This PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Despite the fact that my Hard Drive is working properly, as noted by the device manager, it doesn't show up under Devices and Drives and I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Naitik126, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Naitik126 Win User

Windows 10: WD Hard Drive under Devices and Drives in This PC

Despite the fact that my Hard Drive is working properly, as noted by the device manager, it doesn't show up under Devices and Drives and I don't know how to access the files inside the Hard Drive.

:)

Naitik126, Mar 27, 2017

2. Western Digital Elements 1042

I connect my WD Elements 1042 portable hard drive to my PC running Windows 10. The computer sees the hard drive because it appears in devices. However, the hard drive does not appear in the files menu and I cannot access it.

BrianDor153, Mar 27, 2017
  3. Exrternal hard drive

I recently added switched my HDD for an SSD drive on my sony vaio notebook. I plugged my WD external hard drive into my USB and it will not show up under my pc or under the disk management. It does show up under device manager under the disk tab. I
    cannot access the external hard drive to transfer files.

kenarmstrongvz, Mar 27, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Hi Naitik, welcome to TF.
    Have you tried looking in Device Manager and Disk Management ?

CountMike, Mar 27, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    As stated, go to Start/Search and type diskmgmt.msc, right click the diskmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Disk Management window in the lower pane, does your drive show up? If it is healthy and partitioned, but doesn't have a drive letter, then right click it and choose Change Drive Letter or Paths. Choose a drive letter not being used.
    If it says it is Unallocated Space, then the files are lost and you will need to use Data Recovery software like the Free TestDisk program you will need another drive of the same size or larger to restore your files to.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10: WD Hard Drive under Devices and Drives in This PC - Similar Threads - Hard Drive under

2. WD Elements 1tb not recognized In Devices and Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD Elements 1tb not recognized In Devices and Drives: Hello,I have a Lenovo Legion 7 running Windows 10. I'm plugging in a WD Elements drive and it's not seen by Devices and Drives.Going into Disk Management reveals it, as shown in attached images. It's labeled 'healthy', but not NTFS or FAT, which I'm reading are the desired...
  3. WD Elements 1tb not recognized In Devices and Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WD Elements 1tb not recognized In Devices and Drives: Hello,I have a Lenovo Legion 7 running Windows 10. I'm plugging in a WD Elements drive and it's not seen by Devices and Drives.Going into Disk Management reveals it, as shown in attached images. It's labeled 'healthy', but not NTFS or FAT, which I'm reading are the desired...
  4. Windows 10 External Hard Drive not showing under this PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 External Hard Drive not showing under this PC: So I plug in my external harddrive and its not showing under the Drives and Devices part of This PC. My goal is to be able to access this harddrive read and write on this computer.Ive done some research, and realized it does show up in Disk Drives and all drivers are up to...
  5. Can not open WD Smartware hard drive

Can not open WD Smartware hard drive: Hi, I can not open my external WD driver on windows 10, I have looked at their homepage but I can't see any utlities for it. Anyone have a suggestion? Thank you in advance 181285
  6. Can not open WD Smartware hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not open WD Smartware hard drive: Hi, I can not open my external WD driver on windows 10, I have looked at their homepage but I can't see any utlities for it. Anyone have a suggestion? Thank you in advance 181285
  7. WD External Hard Drive Also Show Up As CD Drive

WD External Hard Drive Also Show Up As CD Drive: When I connect my WD external hard drive F:, it also shows up as a CD drive E:. I tried a different USB port - same problem. This drive is an older model about 8" X 6" container. I googled this situation and all I could find to try was to format the drive, which I did. It...
  8. Attempted cloning a WD 8TB usb hard drive to another WD 8TB usb hard drive using Macrium...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Attempted cloning a WD 8TB usb hard drive to another WD 8TB usb hard drive using Macrium...: The clone failed. Is there a maximum drive size that M-R Clone drive will clone? After 8+ years of no failures whatsoever with M-R I was surprised. TIA Dennis...
  9. WD My Passport external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD My Passport external hard drive: I am CONSTANTLY prompted to Re-Connect my Backup harddrive bc some files did not backup. I try to look at files but cant open and the files are tiny. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT TROJAN FILES ? Are they old orphan files from some uninstalled app. I KNOW, a list of files and...
  10. Gaining permission to WD hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gaining permission to WD hard drive: I've recently tried to get my WD my world book, external hard drive going on a new laptop. Managed to install everything and it now shows on my network on laptop. But when I try opening the folder I get an message saying "MYBOOKWORLD is not accessible. You might not have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. in Windows 10 the Western Digital My passport external drive changes name toEmtech D: in File explorer