Windows 10: Windows 10 Web Search not connected to the internet, but laptop is

Discus and support Windows 10 Web Search not connected to the internet, but laptop is in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since build 10130, Windows Search claims to not have access to the internet, yet my laptop DOES. I checked if my internet wasn't kidding me by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by timmysbrother, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Web Search not connected to the internet, but laptop is

Ever since build 10130, Windows Search claims to not have access to the internet, yet my laptop DOES. I checked if my internet wasn't kidding me by searching up random shit on Google Chrome, and it turned out that god dam Windows Search was lying. I DID have access to the internet. Plus, when I try to search for an app on my PC, the Search Menu's background is just blank- nothing shows up! Tons of updates later- the problem still exists. I hope I'm not alone. Please help me!

:)

timmysbrother, Aug 8, 2015
  2. SteveC42 Win User

Win 10 laptop connected to router & internet, but not to network according to Windows

How is that helpful? I have the same issues on one windows 10 box on my network. All others are fine. On this troubled box, View your active networks say You are currently not connected to any networks thought I clearly am here right now. Advanced
    says my profile is Guest or Public, which it wasn't. I'm not sure what has messed up this box but would love a resolution. Is there a link for the question in the forum you shunted it too because a NAS is involved.

SteveC42, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Win 10 laptop connected to router & internet, but not to network according to Windows

So I'm having a strange issue I've never heard of before. As background, I'm trying to connect to my laptop to my homegroup so that I can do printer sharing. The laptop is an Acer aspire that was running windows 8, and I wiped it clean when I installed Windows
    10 a few months ago.

Here's the problem, I can't connect to my homegroup because the computer can't see that it's connected to the network. Over wifi, I have internet access through Chrome and IE, but not through Edge for some reason. I can map to network drives without
    issue. The router sees the computer correctly. But the Network and Sharing Center states "You are currently not connected to any networks." Even though it's obvious that I have excellent connectivity to the router. In addition, when I run "Internet Connections"
    troubleshooter, I get "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings". When I run Homegroup (and the included network diagnostics) troubleshooter, network diagnostics doesn't find anything odd, and the HomeGroup just refreshes the HomeGroup
    information to no avail.

Now, I've tried a large number of things, and spent way too long trying to figure this out so that I can print while sitting on the couch, but I'd love to see if someone CAN figure this out. So, here's a list of things I've tried.

1. Go over ethernet. No luck; two other Win 10 PC's and a NAS all connect to it, but not the laptop.

2. Checked my Asus router (up to date, btw). Phones, tablet, and Macbook Pro can all connect. The Macbook can print to the printer hooked up to my other desktop, all over the same Wifi network. The router even reports seeing and communicating with the computer,
    and is able to give it internet access.

3. Checked the wireless card in the laptop. I had issues with the Qualcomm Atheros wifi card and my Comcast router/modem (prior to me getting the Asus wireless router), so I thought it might have been this. Replacing it with an Intel wireless card didn't
    change a single thing.

4. Made sure I had the most current drivers. For ethernet and both wireless adapters, I had the most up-to-date drivers according to the corresponding manufacturer's websites. After that, in the device manager, I uninstalled all of them, then Action>scan
    for hardware changes. In any configuration I tried this, nothing.

At this point, I've practically eliminated hardware (let me know if there's anything I missed). On to software. I've tried so much stuff that I've forgotten half of it. So walk me through anything I missed here

5. In elevated command prompts, I've tried all of the following in a number of combinations:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

netsh winsock reset

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

netsh int ipv4 reset

ipconfig /renew

probably a few more, but I've forgotten

6. Went into Network and Internet>Network Connections>*right click wifi connection*>Properties and made sure that the IPV4 and IPV6 properties were all set to "Obtain IPV4/IPV6/DNS address automatically"

7. Went to Internet Options>Connections tab>LAN Settings and I unchecked and rechecked the "automatically detect settings" option.

8. Ran Services.msc and made sure the following were enabled and running

DHCP Client

DNS Client

IP Helper

Network Connections

Network List Service

Network Location Awareness

SSDP Discovery

TCPIP NetBIOS Helper

So. I'm at a loss. I've even reset the PC but kept personal files. I'll try a couple more things before I do a full reinstall of Windows and clear everything out. Though I'll need to make sure my licensing stays intact; being an OEM license from Acer, I
    don't actually have the license key. Please walk me through any settings, commands, etc that you think may affect this. I've never heard of someone having internet access and network connectivity, but Windows can't tell that it's connected to a network.

For reference:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig
    Windows IP Configuration
    Ethernet adapter Ethernet:
    Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2:
    Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:
    IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2601:480:4001:8de:7507:4990:
    Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2601:480:4001:8de:85b7:9dac:
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7507:4990:48f6:de51%19
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.164
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::ae9e:17ff:fe65:8058%19
    Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:
    Tunnel adapter isatap.{5CDA500D-E305-499C-

Browncoat40, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Lisa Win User

Windows 10 Web Search not connected to the internet, but laptop is

I have the same. It also affects connecting to edge or mail. Very strange as IE still connects to Internet.

Lisa, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Web Search not connected to the internet, but laptop is

1. Windows 10 Web Search not connected to the internet, but laptop is - Similar Threads - Web Search connected

2. Windows 10 Web Search 21h1

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Web Search 21h1: Hi, I am wondering if someone can figure out how to disable web results in windows 10 search. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-web-search-21h1/30df042b-54bd-477e-87cd-4cb6be4f18d2
  3. error "No internet, secured" but i can search web

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error "No internet, secured" but i can search web: hi everyone Wi-Fi icon shows "No internet access" and when i open available network, i connected but says "No internet, secured"; but I can search web well, of course, i can't sign in to my email on Microsoft store and each apps is default download in win10 & when I try to...
  4. Windows 10 Search bar not connecting to the web

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search bar not connecting to the web: The windows 10 search bar used to search my computer contents as well as the web. Now it will only search for what is in my computer, not the web. Has anyone else experienced this. Windows version 1903 is installed and operating fine otherwise. Cortona is working okay....
  5. Cortana No Longer Searches Internet Web

in Cortana
    Cortana No Longer Searches Internet Web: I have good internet connection with all apps i.e. Edge, Firefox, Outlook 2016, ... except Cortana. Cortana only searches my PC, not the internet. I'm using Edge 84.0.522.40. Four days ago Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems was updated KB4560960 & KB4497165...
  6. Windows 10 cannot access web pages but connected to the internet

Windows 10 cannot access web pages but connected to the internet: If someone has a problem regarding this in 2020 I found the solution. Remember when did the problem started and also what where you installing at the time. In my case was a antivirus called kaspersky, a few hours later i started noticing the problem. Right when i...
  7. Web Search in Windows search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Search in Windows search not working: Is anyone having an issue with windows search? Normally when i want to web search something, I type it into windows search and web search it, but for some reason that isn't working for me anymore. Its like Web search in Windows search is just gone now....
  8. Windows 10 won't connect to internet but web is accessible

Windows 10 won't connect to internet but web is accessible: I have recently reset my PC after failing to solve a few problems. Now my Network Status is shown as "Not Connected" and the Wi-Fi icon on the bottom right corner says "No Internet". The Troubleshooter is unable to detect any networking issues and suggests resetting the...
  9. no search the web?

in Cortana
    no search the web?: cortana sometimes searches the web when you don't want her to, while apple's siri can let you say "search the web for <subject>" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-search-the-web/efb003a7-5a55-4bda-8968-1e8518fb1b05"
  10. Search the web and windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and windows: Since yesterday i had popular news(bing) when i enter search but now that is gone and when i enter search it looks like this: [img] Any idea how to get back news on that search screen? P.S i didn't disable any related settings... 41684