Windows 10: Windows 10 went back to Windows 7.

Discus and support Windows 10 went back to Windows 7. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is that by design and can you get windows 10 back if it isn't by design. System restore won't restore it to 10. 60703 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jon6er, Aug 17, 2016.

1. jon6er Win User

Windows 10 went back to Windows 7.

Is that by design and can you get windows 10 back if it isn't by design. System restore won't restore it to 10.

:)

jon6er, Aug 17, 2016

2. Removed Windows 10, went back to Windows 7

Well, the free uprade offer does not end until July 2016, so you could backup and try again before then.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Removed Windows 10, went back to Windows 7

Thank you Bulldog for taking the time to reply. What you say makes sense ( except for the re-installing Windows 7 bit,- - the computer would not even open ). I probably was a bit impatient. I'll take your advice & wait a few months & then try again---it's
    not a big problem, I still have a little hair left !

Barry Suncle, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Windows 10 went back to Windows 7.

What happened to make Windows 10 roll back to 7? That doesn't happen on it's own. Or, better yet, were you running Windows 10 and activated?

DeaconFrost, Aug 17, 2016
  5. jon6er Win User
    My friend did this on his computer and I'm pretty sure he never activated his Windows 10 free upgrade. But I will have to get a better explanation of what happened. I think he mistakenly restored Windows 7. I just don't understand why it was asking him if he wanted to because he couldn't explain how he got to that point. BTW thanks for your reply!

jon6er, Aug 17, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    He can try upgrading to Windows 10 by downloading the ISO file and either mounting it with a program like WinISO and running setup.exe from the mounted file, or burning a USB flash drive or DVD from the ISO file and running setup.exe on the flash drive/DVD from within Windows 7.

Whether or not the upgrade will activate is anyone's guess depending on if he had Windows 10 activated before on that computer, and if not, if Microsoft activation servers are still handing out free upgrade activations.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Aug 17, 2016
  7. jon6er Win User
    Thanks I will try that tomorrow when I get his laptop from him. He said that a window popped up and ask if he wanted to continue using Windows 10 or restore Windows 7 and he hit restore by mistake. I'm curious about why that window popped up because it never has on either of my laptops I did the free upgrade on.

jon6er, Aug 17, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I've never heard of a pop up window like that either.

NavyLCDR, Aug 18, 2016
  9. jon6er Win User
    until I hear otherwise I tend to think it was malware or a virus, but he never activated his Windows 10 upgrade if that means anything!

jon6er, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 went back to Windows 7. - Similar Threads - went

2. My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?: Recently, I was Transferring A MP4 To My D: Drive And It Had Copied File So I Thought It Hadn't Transfer So I Did It Again And It Gave The Option To Replace The File And I Clicked But Then 2 Seconds Later Pressed Cancel. Now The Original File Is Missing And The File In My D:...
  3. My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?: Recently, I was Transferring A MP4 To My D: Drive And It Had Copied File So I Thought It Hadn't Transfer So I Did It Again And It Gave The Option To Replace The File And I Clicked But Then 2 Seconds Later Pressed Cancel. Now The Original File Is Missing And The File In My D:...
  4. My file Went Missing After Cancelling A File Replacement, How can I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. visual studio went wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    visual studio went wrong: when i type my code in by key board, it says my code is wrong, while i copy my code in from another document, the ide says it's right. the thing is these two bunches of codes are entirely same!!!...
  6. visual studio went wrong

visual studio went wrong: when i type my code in by key board, it says my code is wrong, while i copy my code in from another document, the ide says it's right. the thing is these two bunches of codes are entirely same!!!...
  7. My PC randomly went to the blue screen of death it says error code 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC randomly went to the blue screen of death it says error code 0xc0000001: My PC randomly went to the blue screen of death one day and it said inaccessible boot device then restarts and goes to recovery setting but now I can't get to the recovery settings and my PC is stuck on restarting and going to error code 0xc0000001. I can't get back to my PC...
  8. My PC randomly went to the blue screen of death it says error code 0xc0000001

My PC randomly went to the blue screen of death it says error code 0xc0000001: My PC randomly went to the blue screen of death one day and it said inaccessible boot device then restarts and goes to recovery setting but now I can't get to the recovery settings and my PC is stuck on restarting and going to error code 0xc0000001. I can't get back to my PC...
  9. How to recover/fix my laptop that went totally black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover/fix my laptop that went totally black?: So my laptop went black after a day after windows update, the screen won't show anything, the power indicator and fan is on, i can control my keyboard light but can't for other thing caps lock numlock.I search for solution in the internet but i can't do anything on my laptop...
  10. How to recover/fix my laptop that went totally black?

How to recover/fix my laptop that went totally black?: So my laptop went black after a day after windows update, the screen won't show anything, the power indicator and fan is on, i can control my keyboard light but can't for other thing caps lock numlock.I search for solution in the internet but i can't do anything on my laptop...