Windows 10: Windows 10 went back to Windows 7.

Discus and support Windows 10 went back to Windows 7. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is that by design and can you get windows 10 back if it isn't by design. System restore won't restore it to 10. 60703 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jon6er, Aug 17, 2016.

1. jon6er Win User

Windows 10 went back to Windows 7.

Is that by design and can you get windows 10 back if it isn't by design. System restore won't restore it to 10.

:)

jon6er, Aug 17, 2016

2. Removed Windows 10, went back to Windows 7

Well, the free uprade offer does not end until July 2016, so you could backup and try again before then.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Removed Windows 10, went back to Windows 7

Thank you Bulldog for taking the time to reply. What you say makes sense ( except for the re-installing Windows 7 bit,- - the computer would not even open ). I probably was a bit impatient. I'll take your advice & wait a few months & then try again---it's
    not a big problem, I still have a little hair left !

Barry Suncle, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Windows 10 went back to Windows 7.

What happened to make Windows 10 roll back to 7? That doesn't happen on it's own. Or, better yet, were you running Windows 10 and activated?

DeaconFrost, Aug 17, 2016
  5. jon6er Win User
    My friend did this on his computer and I'm pretty sure he never activated his Windows 10 free upgrade. But I will have to get a better explanation of what happened. I think he mistakenly restored Windows 7. I just don't understand why it was asking him if he wanted to because he couldn't explain how he got to that point. BTW thanks for your reply!

jon6er, Aug 17, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    He can try upgrading to Windows 10 by downloading the ISO file and either mounting it with a program like WinISO and running setup.exe from the mounted file, or burning a USB flash drive or DVD from the ISO file and running setup.exe on the flash drive/DVD from within Windows 7.

Whether or not the upgrade will activate is anyone's guess depending on if he had Windows 10 activated before on that computer, and if not, if Microsoft activation servers are still handing out free upgrade activations.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Aug 17, 2016
  7. jon6er Win User
    Thanks I will try that tomorrow when I get his laptop from him. He said that a window popped up and ask if he wanted to continue using Windows 10 or restore Windows 7 and he hit restore by mistake. I'm curious about why that window popped up because it never has on either of my laptops I did the free upgrade on.

jon6er, Aug 17, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I've never heard of a pop up window like that either.

NavyLCDR, Aug 18, 2016
  9. jon6er Win User
    until I hear otherwise I tend to think it was malware or a virus, but he never activated his Windows 10 upgrade if that means anything!

jon6er, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 went back to Windows 7. - Similar Threads - went

2. Error: Something went wrong while trying to sign in to Cortana using Samsung account

in Cortana
    Error: Something went wrong while trying to sign in to Cortana using Samsung account: I am attempting to link my Samsung account with Cortana so that I will be able to use my Samsung SmartThings hub. The Samsung Smart Home Cortana skill leads me to believe I can do this. When I invoke the skill, Cortana prompts me to sign in with my Samsung Account. I then...
  3. I missed out on Jan31st 2019 and it went to February's game can I get back to do January...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I missed out on Jan31st 2019 and it went to February's game can I get back to do January...: I like to complete all daily challenges but missed out on January 31st Its now into February and I cant complete Januarys target is there a way I can get back to January to complete it?...
  4. I cant factory setting my laptop it says something went wrong no changes is made

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant factory setting my laptop it says something went wrong no changes is made: Hye i really need your help. My laptop became so lagged that i made a reset by keeping my files. Unfortunately now i want to reset it back to factory setting but it does not working. Can it be fixed?...
  5. Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue: When I try to redeem a $5 Starbucks Gift Card, it gives me the following message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. Please help....
  6. Windows 10 update didn't work out well and went back to Windows 7

Windows 10 update didn't work out well and went back to Windows 7: I did a Windows 10 upgrade for my Windows 7 home premium laptop just yesterday, 2/10/19. I made sure I had image save points and backups ready. I've wasted 12 hrs of my time staring at the download screen without rest. The option I used was the one where it downloads directly...
  7. Power up to PW went from 20 seconds to 100 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power up to PW went from 20 seconds to 100 seconds: All of a sudden a few weeks ago, my time from power on to password screen went from 20 seconds to over 100 seconds. I have made no hardware changes. The only recent software changes were upgrading Acrobat Pro from 9 to 11 and Office Pro from 2013 to 2016. I can't say if the...
  8. Some thing went Wrong we couldn't save in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some thing went Wrong we couldn't save in Paint 3D: Hello! Microsoft community I am facing two Problems at the same time. 1-I cannot save the png format in Paint 3D. When I tried to save the image file I got this message something went wrong could not save. 2-The Second Problem is that I can't use the Microsoft PDF...
  9. Some thing went Wrong we couldn't save in Paint 3D

Some thing went Wrong we couldn't save in Paint 3D: Hello! Microsoft community I am facing two Problems at the same time. 1-I cannot save the png format in Paint 3D. When I tried to save the image file I got this message something went wrong could not save. 2-The Second Problem is that I can't use the Microsoft PDF...
  10. i dont know something went wrong on my lap...i cant shut down...i cant take my pc or any...

i dont know something went wrong on my lap...i cant shut down...i cant take my pc or any...: my desktop background turned in to black ....why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-something-went-wrong-on-my-lapi-cant/763bf11d-b73e-43d8-8f9d-a224daa3cdc0