Windows 10: Windows 10 Wifi Issue on home wireless routers

Discus and support Windows 10 Wifi Issue on home wireless routers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an HP Spectre x360 laptop that was purchased with Windows 10 approximately 3 months ago. For the first several weeks I had no issues connecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bama1995, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Bama1995 Win User

Windows 10 Wifi Issue on home wireless routers

I have an HP Spectre x360 laptop that was purchased with Windows 10 approximately 3 months ago. For the first several weeks I had no issues connecting to the internet using my home wireless router. Then something went wrong because now I am having issues connecting to the internet. At times I will connect for a few seconds and then get "No internet" and other times I cannot connect at all. I have restored my machine to factory settings multiple times and removed the McAfee anti-virus software from the laptop. I've also removed and reinstalled the latest network driver multiple times.

When I use the troubleshooting feature it tells me there are missing network components. I generated a event log report and the last event that caused a disconnect reads as follows:

WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully disconnected from a wireless network.

Reason: The network is disconnected by the driver.

I've tried to connect to the internet using a couple other home wireless routers and get the same negative result. Although, I am able to connect to the internet successfully using my Verizon Hotspot and through a secure WPA2 connection.

I'm running Windows 10 Version 1511. My network driver is Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Bama1995, Nov 29, 2015
  2. Andrei V. Win User

Limited Wifi for Windows 10

This starts looking like an issue with some routers / encryption types.

Please specify router model and encryption used (WPA, WPA2, etc).

I also have Windows 10 Pro on my laptop but had no issues so far with the wireless connections. I successfully connected to several encrypted WiFi networks and all worked ok (including my home network).

What if you try with a USB wireless adapter? The issue remains?

Andrei V., Nov 29, 2015
  3. How can i use my lumia 730 in my pc running Windows 7 to access internet with nokia pc suite.

As I stated, I have no experience setting computers up as wifi access points. I use a netgear wifi router to enable wireless wifi for all my devices at my home.

The bottom line here is that there is NO WAY share a computer's wifi connection with your phone via a USB connection. The only way to use a wireless connection on the phone is by connecting it to the internet via a wifi router. That can be done two different
    ways. You could:

• Set the computer up as a wifi router, in which case the phone can connect to the internet if the computer is turned on and working as a wifi router, or
    • Set up a home wifi connection, using a wifi router, in which case the phone can connect to your home internet connection as long as the router is turned on.

Julie fka profjulie, Nov 29, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Wifi Issue on home wireless routers

1. Windows 10 Wifi Issue on home wireless routers - Similar Threads - Wifi Issue home

2. Unable to find my home router wifi on windows pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find my home router wifi on windows pc.: My laptop Lenovo G50-80 detects every wifi, except my home internet. Specs: Windows 10 Home Single Language8GB RAMIntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz ProcessorI have checked with my internet provider and there are no blocks/issues on their end. Looking for...
  3. Unable to find my home router wifi on windows pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to find my home router wifi on windows pc.: My laptop Lenovo G50-80 detects every wifi, except my home internet. Specs: Windows 10 Home Single Language8GB RAMIntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz ProcessorI have checked with my internet provider and there are no blocks/issues on their end. Looking for...
  4. Wireless Router Recommendations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Router Recommendations: We have cable internet and will most likely switch to verizon fios. I'm not in this location though at the moment. Now the past month or so, the wifi sometimes doesn't work for a bit, then it works. Its a 2 story house and we leave the router and the modem in the 2nd floor...
  5. Windows 10 WIFI Router is Not Working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 WIFI Router is Not Working?: Hello to Community, My Name is Emily and i am here to Tell you that my Windows 10 WIFI Router is not Working Properly. When I Connect my Mobile with USB Threatening and Turn the Data On then It Start Working But on the Hotspot the Device not Working Properly. Kindly Help....
  6. Issues with wireless WiFi adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with wireless WiFi adapter: I’ve done about everything I can to fix a Netgear WiFi adapter that hasn’t worked for over a year. My PC has gone through 3 wireless adapters. They will just stop working entirely on a given day. The light on the adapters won’t even work. Sometimes (rarely) I can get them to...
  7. Windows not communication with wireless router

Windows not communication with wireless router: My HP computer on Windows 10 with Intel Wi-Fi AX201 160 Mhz chip stopped communication with router. Router is ok and works fine with other computers. I already downloaded new drivers and installed from Hp. Com and Intel.com. My computer did download office software day...
  8. Privacy issues with shared wifi and router...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Privacy issues with shared wifi and router...: Hello. Can my roommate access my laptop from his computer if we share wifi and router? I'm not clear how to determine if he has but there have been hints in conversations we've had. If so, is there a way to prevent that without having to install a separate wifi and router?...
  9. wifi router

wifi router: I just changed my user name & and password on my router and no I'm locked out! Can this router be reset to the default user name & password? the router is a Sagemcom fast 5260...
  10. Wifi-Router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi-Router: Hi i'm 17 I don't know a lot about computers I got this Windows 10 desktop on Christmas, Yea won't lie about it. I have been having trouble with connection to games ever since I moved to the basement I did a speed test and my ping is 8, Download 36Mbps, and upload is...