Windows 10: Windows 10 wifi network connection instability - who is responsible?

Discus and support Windows 10 wifi network connection instability - who is responsible? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, five months later I still don't have a stable wifi connection, and never have had one. We paid over 600 dollars for a Dell machine with Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cruckster, Jul 20, 2018.

1. cruckster Win User

Windows 10 wifi network connection instability - who is responsible?

So, five months later I still don't have a stable wifi connection, and never have had one. We paid over 600 dollars for a Dell machine with Windows 10 and a bog-standard home wifi provided by BT and it has been useless. It has never worked properly.

This issue was posted in the thread (link below) which has been closed, but unresolved.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-wifi-network-connection-instability/dc5011da-4366-46f4-82c3-aaa378f58aba#

After this on 26th April, I spent three hours on the phone to a Dell technician who laboriously went through a set list of solutions, none of which worked. Since then only a third of connection attempts have been successful; that is 12 successful attempts and 24 unsuccessful attempts. The usual status is 'no internet secured'. At the same time, my Windows 8 machine and Android smartphone have had no problems connecting to the internet.

So who is responsible for resolving this?

:)

cruckster, Jul 20, 2018
  2. legend383 Win User

"Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 wifi network connection instability

Hi,

We would like to verify if you've already performed the steps found in the link that
    cruckster in his original post. If not, we suggest the you do so. The link will provide you multiple methods on how to resolve the network issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 wifi network connection instability - who is responsible? - Similar Threads - wifi network connection

2. Server Connection Instability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server Connection Instability: HiWe have 4 computers at work which connect to our local server to access our inventory data using inventory software. All computers function fine until this one computer logs in and causes the other computers responsiveness to stall for 10-20 seconds every now and then. When...
  3. Server Connection Instability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Server Connection Instability: HiWe have 4 computers at work which connect to our local server to access our inventory data using inventory software. All computers function fine until this one computer logs in and causes the other computers responsiveness to stall for 10-20 seconds every now and then. When...
  4. Server Connection Instability

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Who is responsible for the Windows 11 UI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who is responsible for the Windows 11 UI?: .Seriously whoever designed this interface should be fired.The number of clicks to access something has been dramatically increased.The amount of focus those clicks require ability to mis-click has dramatically increased.The accessibility of menu items/applications has been...
  6. Who is responsible for the Windows 11 UI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Who is responsible for the Windows 11 UI?: .Seriously whoever designed this interface should be fired.The number of clicks to access something has been dramatically increased.The amount of focus those clicks require ability to mis-click has dramatically increased.The accessibility of menu items/applications has been...
  7. Extremely instable wifi only on Windows 10 laptop!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely instable wifi only on Windows 10 laptop!: Hello, I was using a Windows 8 laptop for years just fine. A couple months ago I had to get a new laptop and it worked fine at first, but after a week or two the problems started. My wifi is extremely unstable. Websites will load and load and load and then suddenly it's all...
  8. Home Network Instability

Home Network Instability: My home network has a problem that I think is best described as instability. By that I mean File Explorer’s network folder does not display connected computers on a consistent basis. In other words, I am having a “now I see you, now I don’t” kind of frustration which often...
  9. WIFI instable Windows 10

WIFI instable Windows 10: Hello guys, I would like a feedback from you about WIFI problems in Windows 10. Since last year I realize that customers are complaining about WIFI problems in Windows 10 more then normal. I would like to know from you, people like me that works with Windows 10 most of...
  10. wifi instability

wifi instability: My WIFI connection from my ASUS X550CA laptop periodically drops while I'm online and can only reconnect after a reboot of the laptop. Many other devices in the house remain connected with no problem, so I believe it is isolated to this device which is running Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. who is esponsible for wifi