Windows 10: Windows 10 Will Need Time to Succeed, Analyst Says

Discus and support Windows 10 Will Need Time to Succeed, Analyst Says in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is expected to ship in the fall of 2015, and since there’ll be plenty of new features and improvements over Windows 8, both Microsoft and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 13, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 Will Need Time to Succeed, Analyst Says

More

:)

labeeman, Jan 13, 2015
  2. makonis Win User

Windows 7 to Windows differences

I had an older machine running windows 7. I purchased a newer machine with windows 10.

What I have found but cannot put my finger on it specifically is the newer windows 10 machine I have will run the ArcGIS - Arcview 10.0,.... but not the Spatial Analyst or 3D Analyst.

However, the older computer that had windows 7 running ArcGIS - Arcview 10.0, Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst
    was upgraded to a windows 10 still runs things fine under a windows 10 format. So I am deducing there are some differences that carried over from windows 7 into the windows 10 on that machine that are not found
    on the windows 10 machine.

Any suggestions to what these windows 7 bits maybe to work at installing on the windows 10 machine.

makonis, Jan 13, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    AFter installing Windows 10 error: "start menu and Cortana nor working"

You gave us no information about your laptop other than to say it is quite old. Windows 10 is not likely to succeed on old hardware.

BulldogXX, Jan 13, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

More
    Hi there

If it's that RUBBISH GARTNER (or any other associated "consultancy") again then W10 has ALREADY succeeded. I think even Ms has been surprised by the number of people who have downloaded and are using W10 - far beyond their original projections and some stats even suggest that W10 has a higher user base than W8.1 - although that's pure speculation at this point. Reaction to W10 even in this "pre-beta" form has been quite positive.

As far as tablets are concerned the growth period for these slabs is over. Convertibles like the Surface Pro 3 is where its at in that market now anyway.

Surely the press has got better things to write about.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 13, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    It ain't GARTNER this time.
    The whole ball of wax.

labeeman, Jan 13, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Still a nothing article. It does say lack of apps is the main reason people aren't buying Windows tablets .

However apart from the fact that tablets themselves (unless they are the convertible type of form factor) is a diminishing market - there isn't much a decent smart phone can't do that a tablet can and running full blown Ms office on a small 7 inch screen with no physical keyboard or mouse isn't much fun anyway).

Most apps are totally RUBBISH in fact -- there's very few good one's available on ANY platform and of those that are reasonably useful you can usually login to the standard computer web site to run the function anyway (most travel type apps).

Strangely the FREE one's are often better than the PAID ones.

The whole idea of Apps and "The Store" is vastly overblown out of all proportion. As people get wiser the companies running these "Store apps" won't make zillions of dollars.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 14, 2015
  7. Trust_No1 Win User
    Ummm, we have both systems in this household, and I have to say Apple/Android apps are almost essential here. Windows has nothing that comes close to our banking, ticket buying, etc.. I am the Windows person, and my room mates are all Apple people, and i have to say, I am really thankful for all the different apps they use.

They have about 25 they use constantly (out of 100's of thousands, it is not much). But, they are 25 apps that simply are not available in Windows.

My personal windows apps consist of 3, weather checker, reader, alarm clock. Everything else, Google powered.

Trust_No1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Will Need Time to Succeed, Analyst Says - Similar Threads - Need Succeed Analyst

2. wsl version update does not succeed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsl version update does not succeed?: C:\Users\jqi>where wsl C:\Windows\System32\wsl.exe C:\Users\jqi\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\wsl.exe C:\Users\jqi>wsl --update Checking for updates. The most recent version of Windows Subsystem for Linux is already installed. C:\Users\jqi>wsl --version WSL version:...
  3. wsl version update does not succeed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wsl version update does not succeed?: C:\Users\jqi>where wsl C:\Windows\System32\wsl.exe C:\Users\jqi\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\wsl.exe C:\Users\jqi>wsl --update Checking for updates. The most recent version of Windows Subsystem for Linux is already installed. C:\Users\jqi>wsl --version WSL version:...
  4. Windows 10 IPU Seemingly Succeeds Before Rolling Back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 IPU Seemingly Succeeds Before Rolling Back: I am still in the "know barely enough to be dangerous" stage of SCCM administration and have been tasked with the upgrading of our organization's old Windows 7 machines to Windows 10. I have an SCCM task sequence that is working fairly well in most cases, but there has been...
  5. Windows 10 says activation can’t be completed at this time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 says activation can’t be completed at this time: built a new computer recently. Made sure old computer was linked . Performed a full reset on my old computer as told through the activation help forum. On my new current computer it still says activation is not possible at this time....
  6. KB2267602 succeeded 14 times...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB2267602 succeeded 14 times...: hi guys, included a snip where you can see that KB2267602 wa succeeded 14 times. So why is this necessary? Should i disable automatic update, because this is ridiculous. Or does anyone have the same problem? thanks Jeff [img] 2824
  7. When it comes to Windows 10 privacy, don't trust amateur analysts

in Windows 10 News
    When it comes to Windows 10 privacy, don't trust amateur analysts: Another day, another sensational report from Forbes. Oh my goodness, is Windows 10 really "phoning home" thousands of times a day? Nope. in fact, anyone who has even a basic understanding of how networks work should cringe at this shoddy report.  Gordon F. Kelly of...
  8. 5 features Windows 9 needs to succeed

in Windows 10 News
    5 features Windows 9 needs to succeed: On Tuesday Microsoft will preview the next-generation Windows operating system – currently codenamed Windows Threshold, but expected to be called Windows 9 – and it will be a keystone to Microsoft's plans over the coming years. With that in mind, here are five features...
  9. Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Become the “New Windows 7,” Analyst Says: Microsoft is already working on Windows 9, and although not much is known at this point about it, information provided by people close to the matter indicates that this is going to be a really significant revamp of the desktop operating system. Analysts [ATTACH] believe...
  10. Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes: Windows 9 is expected to launch in April 2015, according to some people close to the matter, but aside from a few features that could be included in the operating system, no other details have been provided until now. Pricing clearly remains one of the biggest dilemmas,...