Windows 10: Windows 10 will not boot

Discus and support Windows 10 will not boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having nearly got my duel boot (on two drives) stable, I had to play, W10 was on disk 1 and W7 on disk 0, to make this neat I thought I would swap them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jimmyb, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Jimmyb Win User

Windows 10 will not boot

Having nearly got my duel boot (on two drives) stable, I had to play, W10 was on disk 1 and W7 on disk 0, to make this neat I thought I would swap them over, so booting with W7 on D1 only I booted and switched off, connected W10 to D0 and ensured the BIOs was correctly set, but it would only boot to W7. The BIOS was set to boot from D0 UEFI, but it would boot to W7, with D1 disconnected it would not find W10.
    Switched it all back but no better, so I booted up Reflect, set my changes but still no joy.
    I managed to get into W10 via the BIOS boot menu, but it will not boot there at all:
    Conclusion I played and broke it.
    I have an Imagen of my W7, and I will then reinstall W10
    If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

:)

Jimmyb, Sep 29, 2017
  2. markmni Win User

My Windows 10 PC will not boot, not boot from installation media

Thanks Dave! I was able to boot another PC to the installation screen with this media, so it seems to be fine. I've posted a further update in a reply to Andre below, thank you for any help you can provide.

markmni, Sep 29, 2017
  3. markmni Win User
    My Windows 10 PC will not boot, not boot from installation media

Thanks Andre,

I've made some small progress. Turned out at some point in the boot from USB, the graphical output must change, so whilst I was getting a blank screen, the USB boot had worked. I realised this after connecting a VGA cable to my integrated graphics instead
    of my graphics card and then setting integrated graphics as the first option in my BIOS as a troubleshooting step.

Anyhow, I attempted to run a repair from the installation media, but Startup Repair failed. Inspecting the logfile it left using the commandprompt, the final error message is "A recently serviced boot binary is corrupt." I'd really prefer to be able to recover
    this installation rather than start again with a fresh install as I would lose some data. Would you be able to help with this at all? Many Thanks.

markmni, Sep 29, 2017
  4. Windows 10 will not boot

I would imagine the boot file still set to Win 10 being on location 1 and W7 set to location 0.

Not sure if a windows repair will sort it out as will see where the target drive is and redo the boot config file.

Id wait for other more experienced users to confirm this though mate.

kingtez1984, Oct 3, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
  6. AddRAM Win User
    Did you install each OS while the other drive was unplugged ?

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 will not boot

1. Windows 10 will not boot - Similar Threads - boot

2. Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f: Hello Community members,My windows 10 system suddenly stopped working and showing the error 0xc000000fSteps I did:1. Created windows installation media using "media creation tool" in another PC2. goto startup menu > select Boot device options > USB Hard drive UEFI >...
  3. Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f: Hello Community members,My windows 10 system suddenly stopped working and showing the error 0xc000000fSteps I did:1. Created windows installation media using "media creation tool" in another PC2. goto startup menu > select Boot device options > USB Hard drive UEFI >...
  4. Windows 10 not booting up getting error 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC unable to boot due to SSD W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unable to boot due to SSD W11: PC had completely frozen so I restarted it, then during boot up says,[Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key]So I open BIOS and there seems to be no issue so I google the problem and end up creating a Recovery drive...
  6. PC unable to boot due to SSD W11

PC unable to boot due to SSD W11: PC had completely frozen so I restarted it, then during boot up says,[Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key]So I open BIOS and there seems to be no issue so I google the problem and end up creating a Recovery drive...
  7. Boot loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop.: Hi,I have Fusion 5 laptop and it is stuck in boot loop. I read posted articles on this issue and download IOS media files on USB. After it boots, it does not install. Can you please tell me steps to resolve this issue. Thank you....
  8. Boot loop.

Boot loop.: Hi,I have Fusion 5 laptop and it is stuck in boot loop. I read posted articles on this issue and download IOS media files on USB. After it boots, it does not install. Can you please tell me steps to resolve this issue. Thank you....
  9. Boot loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot

Linux can see my HDD but not windows after a dual boot: Hello everyone so first of all i know this might not be the perfect forum to post this but i am really starting to get desperate : So like the title says I can access my HDD on Linux mint but absolutely not in windows. this happend after a dual boot install of cinnamon mint....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. srttrail.txt serviced boot binary corrupt efi

2. recently serviced boot binary is corrupt new install

3. a recently serviced boot binary is corrupt