Windows 10: Windows 10 will not let me set a background image NO MATTER WHATCH

Discus and support Windows 10 will not let me set a background image NO MATTER WHATCH in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, wondering if you all could help me. For some reason, Windows 10 will not let me set a background image through the personalisation menu, through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rohan, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Rohan Win User

Windows 10 will not let me set a background image NO MATTER WHATCH

Hi, wondering if you all could help me.

For some reason, Windows 10 will not let me set a background image through the personalisation menu, through the photos application, etc. Any photo I try to apply will cause the background image to turn black. I can strangely enough change the background image to a 'Solid Colour' through the personalisation menu. I have tried several solutions such as checking if 'show windows background' is checked on, placing the photo on the desktop and setting the background image from there and the obvious reboot. I am not prepared to wipe the laptop just yet, as there may be another solution that could correct this suggested by you guys *Biggrin

I am running Windows 10 on a laptop for the record.

Cheers,

EDIT - I have tried to set a background image through the Photos application again and got this error, but have no clue how to set permissions for the Photos app. I have checked and Windows is activated.

Windows 10 will not let me set a background image NO MATTER WHATCH [​IMG]

:)

Rohan, Apr 10, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Sandisk flashdrives

Do you have a slideshow as your Desktop background or have Desktop Background Images set to change every few seconds?

There is a bug in Windows 10 that causes Windows Explorer to refresh (repaint) every times the desktop background changes, no matter which folder you are in.

Please try this, set your desktop background to just one image and see if this scrolling issue is resolved . . .

I hope this helps, let us know if the issue persists!

DaveM121, Apr 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 will not let me set PIN to sign in

Hi,

Search bar is next to the start menu.

Windows 10 will not let me set a background image NO MATTER WHATCH [​IMG]

The one which says "Ask me anything".

Follow the above steps and let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 10, 2016
  4. Windows 10 will not let me set a background image NO MATTER WHATCH

Hello Rohan Welcome to the Ten Forums!

Have you made any attempt to right click on the intended new wallpaper by manually browsing to it in File Explorer(previously Windows Explorer)? In the right click context menu the "Set as desktop background" bypasses the need to bring up the Personalization options by seeing an image or photo file designated as the new background on the spot. You might see a prompt from the UAC(User Account Control) about allowing the change to take place.

If this is being seen on a typical upgrade over a previous version a run of the "S"ystem "F"ile "C"hecker tool might be a help as well. With a fast right click on the Start button you simply scroll to the Command prompt(Admin) option for insuring the elevated permssions and type "sfc /scannow" in at the dos like prompt and hit enter to get that going. The tool will check for any missing or foobared system files to an extent replacing what it can.

For anything more extensive like finding other bugs in Windows before the last resort of seeing a full install the next prior option before that of course would be the In-Place Upgrade to Repair type install. That will replace all of the main system files without effect on the programs themselves with a few exceptions at times.

Night Hawk, Apr 10, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 will not let me set a background image NO MATTER WHATCH

1. Windows 10 will not let me set a background image NO MATTER WHATCH - Similar Threads - let set background

2. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image not setting up as background.: When I right click an image and choose to set as desktop background. Nothing happens. This is happening since my wallpaper changed to asus tuf gaming wallpaper by itself. I am on windows 10 and have received updates to shift to windows 11 but I have declined that for now....
  3. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image not setting up as background.: When I right click an image and choose to set as desktop background. Nothing happens. This is happening since my wallpaper changed to asus tuf gaming wallpaper by itself. I am on windows 10 and have received updates to shift to windows 11 but I have declined that for now....
  4. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 isn't letting me change the Logon background. Why?

Windows 10 isn't letting me change the Logon background. Why?: How can i change the Logon background in windows 10 if it isn't letting me?I have tried many things, and it still won't let me change the Logon background.I need help....
  6. windows 10 background image ???

windows 10 background image ???: Türkçe Merhaba, Windows 10 arka planıma bernie sanders'in png formatında bir fotoğraf yükledim. 2 arka plan pozisyonunda arka plan otomatik dolduruluyor. Orjinal fotoğraf bilgisayarımda yok. Bu nasıl olabilir? İngilizce Hello there, I uploaded a photo in png format...
  7. How to set background image

How to set background image: Split from this thread. can anyone advise how to change home screen I want to personalize and put photo on unfortunately not that savvy lol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-background-image/0a99c9fd-3a5a-43d6-8497-9f88b4651d49
  8. settings won't let me change task bar background color

settings won't let me change task bar background color: settings won't let me change task bar background color., it's either white or black. Am I stuck? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-let-me-change-task-bar-background/fc65e16d-6d75-4f57-9594-f2e58c84bf79
  9. Windows 10 wont let me open settings

Windows 10 wont let me open settings: Whenever i try and open the settings app for windows 10 it opens briefly and then closes down. Is there a fix for this? as ive tried creating a new account through the command panel and it didn't work...
  10. set default fit for background image on Windows 10?

set default fit for background image on Windows 10?: hi, I keep setting the fit of the background image to "center". However, every time I log on, the background image fit has been reset to "stretch". --> How can I get the fit of the background image to stop changing?...