Windows 10: Windows 10 will NOT save system files!

Discus and support Windows 10 will NOT save system files! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I am new to these forums so I hope you will bear with me if I have the wrong forum etc. I have had Windows 10 installed for a while and decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dbstroup, Aug 23, 2015.

1. dbstroup Win User

Windows 10 will NOT save system files!

Hello
    I am new to these forums so I hope you will bear with me if I have the wrong forum etc. I have had Windows 10 installed for a while and decided the other day to save anew picture from my webcam for my personal communications etc. I did get the webcam on and clicked take picture. When I went to use the picture it was not where the systemsaid it would be. Nothing had been saved. After checking the properties of the directory the system said I did not have permission to use that directory.
    I also tried to download a PDF to my download directory and the file was not saved for the same reason.

Their is obviously a permission problem from going to Windows 10. I previously had Windows 7 Home.

I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance for any and all.

Doyle (BYU fan!! Go Cougars)

:)

dbstroup, Aug 23, 2015

2. How long is Windows 10 free for?

So I upgrade to Windows 10, but later I want to format my drive and reinstall Windows, but I only have the install disc for Windows 7. Will I still be able to re-obtain my free copy of Windows 10 that I previously downloaded after it is no longer offered
    freely?

John Files, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10: Issues with deleting a particular system file and Administrator Problems.

Original Title: Administrator Problems

The issue is quite simple. Ever since migrating to Windows 10, I've been unable to administrate, though I'm supposedly an administrator with "full control." A current example: I've picked up a trojan file in a c:\windows subdirectory. having full control
    of the c:\ directory, I should be able to simply delete the bad file. However, I can't do that because I get the following message:

"You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this file." I've tried all the suggestions here and none of them work. This has been an ongoing issue with this OS since I installed it a year ago. Until now, I haven't needed
    to "administrate" over this directory, and thought that Microsoft would eventually get around to fixing the problem, especially since there have been so many complaints about it. Apparently, Microsoft can't handle it. BTW, Windows 10 sucks. It's apparently
    not built for end users who want to accomplish real work on the computers THEY OWN. Instead it's built for vendors who want to know who you are, where you are and what you're doing, so that they can tailor advertising to you.

Windows 10 Keyboard Issue, Aug 23, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Media imported with a camera or scanner is usually dated and imported into your Pictures folder. Unless your Webcam has proprietary software that supercedes the default locations. Check in your Documents folder for any dated folders.

If you used a browser other than IE or Edge, it could have saved your PDF file into the Local Temp folder in Appdata/Local/Temp. Look in there for your webcam media too.

XweAponX, Aug 24, 2015
  5. dbstroup Win User
    I am using a Logitech 120 video camera. It comes with its own software of course. I have used it for about 5 years. I primarily use Edge and Firefox as my browsers since I got Windows 10.

I cannot find and appdata directory. Where should it be located at?

Thanks for your answer.

Doyle

dbstroup, Aug 24, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    C: >Users > (your name) > App data

CountMike, Aug 24, 2015
  7. Rudy Mas Win User
    Just type in %appdata% in your File Explorer. You should end up in C:\Users\<account name>\AppData\Roaming.

From there you can just click on AppData and then go to where you need to be.

Rudy Mas, Aug 24, 2015
  8. Windows 10 will NOT save system files!

Went to the Onedrive Pictures folder instead maybe? Also look for a Camera Roll folder.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 will NOT save system files! - Similar Threads - save system files

2. file save and save-as not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file save and save-as not working in Windows 10: After I applied Windows 10 Home edition update 11/15/23 I do not remember name of update I got a problem. t was impossible to save-as and open file in Notepad. Also it was impossible to upload files from my computer to some sites. There were no error messages. Page Windows...
  3. file save and save-as not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file save and save-as not working in Windows 10: After I applied Windows 10 Home edition update 11/15/23 I do not remember name of update I got a problem. t was impossible to save-as and open file in Notepad. Also it was impossible to upload files from my computer to some sites. There were no error messages. Page Windows...
  4. file save and save-as not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 will not Save NFO File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 will not Save NFO File: Hello all, I need to send an NFO file of my system information. When I open MSINFO32 and save the file, everything seems to run accordingly loading bar comes up, etc. and no error messages occur. However, the file is not at the destination I sent it, but does show in my...
  6. Windows 10 freezes on saving files

Windows 10 freezes on saving files: For last 2 weeks, I am experiencing intermittent freeze/complete when saving files to One Drive. My preference is to save all files I download files from the internet or save email attachments to One Drive. I am experiencing freeze for one in every 10-15 files and only way to...
  7. windows 10 saving a file.

windows 10 saving a file.: so my laptop is having trouble with saving files to 'this pc', I would like to know why is it saying that I can't save a file and how to fix it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-saving-a-file/f5543b95-0ba6-4981-b2f8-401ffc3b810e"
  8. Steps Recorder (psr.exe) on Windows 10 doesnt save file on system reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steps Recorder (psr.exe) on Windows 10 doesnt save file on system reboot: I need to record all user actions on a test machine between 2 reboots (it was test scenario). I wrote a small C# app to capture shutdown event and stop the recording. But it recorder gets killed before C# app receives signal. My goal is to save the recording file between...
  9. Saving PSD files on Windows 10

Saving PSD files on Windows 10: I was using Windows 7 and Photopea (online photo editor) and could save those PSD files to my computer and retrieve them.. Just got set up with windows 10 and get error messages when I try to save. Also I can't open any PSD files that currently exist. Can open and save JPG...
  10. Windows 10 unable to save files

Windows 10 unable to save files: My Windows 10 doesn't want to save files, either new Word documents, bank downloads into quicken or newly created power-point. Unable to Save. File Not Found when I try "save as" Can anyone help?...