Windows 10: Windows 10 will not send fax - wants a tif file!?

Discus and support Windows 10 will not send fax - wants a tif file!? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I scanned a few documents as jpegs. I want to use Windows 10 fax and scan, and now get this message Windows can't fax or preview the attached file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yod, May 29, 2017.

1. YOD
    Yod Win User

Windows 10 will not send fax - wants a tif file!?

I scanned a few documents as jpegs. I want to use Windows 10 fax and scan, and now get this message

Windows can't fax or preview the attached file type. Try installing a program that allows you to print .tif files, save the attached file as a .tif file, and then try again.

What?!

I can convert them to tif files - which is very tedious, and then they're TOO BIG to fax

And then when it fails, I have to do the WHOLE thing over again

Why can't I fax a jpeg? I used to be able to do this.

I also need to fax multiple page pdfs. Will WFS be able to do this?

I REALLY need to get this working asap.

:)

2. FAX FOR WINDOWS 10

When attempting to Fax from Windows 10 all files being changed to .tif when attached.

Want to send .pdf's and .doc's

Any help ?

BRADMAY_751, May 29, 2017
  3. 12Comp Win User
    Fax using Windows 10

I scanned a few documents as jpegs. I want to use Windows 10 fax and scan, and now get this message

Windows can't fax or preview the attached file type. Try installing a program that allows you to print .tif files, save the attached file as a .tif file, and then try again.

What?!

I can convert them to tif files - which is very tedious, and then they're TOO BIG to fax!

And then when it fails, I have to do the WHOLE thing over again!

Why can't I fax a jpeg? I used to be able to do this.

Btw, Firefox says: The owner of answers.microsoft.com has configured their website improperly...

12Comp, May 29, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi,
    Windows Fax and Scan no longer attaches PDF files from our scanner - Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    may help.

(It's often worth searching the forum..)

dalchina, May 29, 2017
  5. YOD
    Yod Win User
    Thanks. I did read this earlier.
    I ran sfc and "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

6. YOD
    Yod Win User
    Thanks. I did read this earlier.
    I ran sfc and "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

I tried several ways to do this.

7. dalchina New Member
    Post #4 -
    is what I noted.

Although I don't have a modem so can't try this properly, I did note I could attach a pdf document to a FAX and could save it as draft. My guess is you found it failed later on when you tried to send it. Is that what happens?

dalchina, May 29, 2017
  8. PJLLB Win User

How are you trying to send the jpg file? I do this by opening the file in an application, and then printing to the FAX selection. The file is automatically converted to the proper FAX format (tif) and sends correctly.

PJLLB, May 29, 2017
  9. YOD
    Yod Win User
    Thanks again. I did this too. Still get the same message about tif file. This seems really bizarre

10. dalchina New Member
    Windows 10 will not send fax - wants a tif file!? [​IMG]

- the result of opening a jpg then printing to FAX = tif

And rt click jpg, Send to Fax => attach as jpg

dalchina, May 29, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    What is tif associated with?
    Here's mine:

Windows 10 will not send fax - wants a tif file!? [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 will not send fax - wants a tif file!? - Similar Threads - send fax wants

2. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf: Does anyone know how to stop Windows Fax & Scan from converting received faxes to .pdf files? I can watch the file show up as a .tif file then in a few seconds the file is converted to a .pdf. Windows Fax & Scan is running on a server and saves a copy of incoming faxes to a...
  3. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf: Does anyone know how to stop Windows Fax & Scan from converting received faxes to .pdf files? I can watch the file show up as a .tif file then in a few seconds the file is converted to a .pdf. Windows Fax & Scan is running on a server and saves a copy of incoming faxes to a...
  4. Windows Fax & Scan converting faxes received as .tif to .pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 Faxes not sending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Faxes not sending: Win 10 faxes are not sending. The modem diagnostics are good; the faxes are shown as pending but the modem does not open the phone line and send the faxes.Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-faxes-not-sending/d2d43b6b-fdfb-4665-863c-c2e96a0c6154
  6. TIF Files

TIF Files: Does Microsoft 365 open TIF Files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tif-files/2883f249-5043-413d-ad1b-83bb71b2bd34
  7. Faxed TIF Files

Faxed TIF Files: Hello - I cannot open any Faxes that have been sent as a TIF file. I have tried to save it as word, pdf and jpeg without success. I have downloaded file software that claims to open TIF files also. I've read some "solutions" in the community but they are very old. I...
  8. Windows 10 - Explorer and .tif files

Windows 10 - Explorer and .tif files: Hello, I have scanned a few hundred old photos to .tif format, some which needed to be scanned upside down to fit my scanner bed. Using windows explorer I corrected the orientation but now some sort of compression has changed the file. I need to edit these with my digital...
  9. Can't See My TIF Files in Windows 10 Fax and Scan Utility

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't See My TIF Files in Windows 10 Fax and Scan Utility: I just installed the Windows 10 Fax and Scan utility and it's otherwise working perfectly, answering the phone after the 2nd ring and placing all the FAX TIF files into the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WindowsNT\MSFax\Inbox I can see the files in there:...
  10. FAX send with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FAX send with Windows 10: Hi: I recently upgraded from Win8.1. This is the first time that I am attempting to send a FAX with Win10. I have a two-sheet PDF document to send. I am getting an error message saying something about needing a FAX server ?? I have MS2003 Word, Apache Open Office,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fax from pc windows 10 pdf to tif

2. windows cant fax or preview the attached file type. try installing a prgram that allows you to print.tif files save the attached file a .tif file and then try again

3. windows fax and scan will only send tif files

4. windows fax and scan cant fax or preview the attached file type,
  5. convert a pdf to sfc for faxing,
  6. windows fax and scan only sees pdf as tif file,
  7. windows fax and scan cant fax or preview the attached file