Windows 10: Windows 10 will not sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 will not sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today when I turned on my computer, it has failed to sleep. I followed 2 tutorials on how to fix the issue. None have seemed to help. I even restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Windows 10 will not sleep

Today when I turned on my computer, it has failed to sleep. I followed 2 tutorials on how to fix the issue. None have seemed to help. I even restarted my system and it still won't sleep.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Jesse Williams, Dec 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 will not sleep and wakes from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this information on this forum.

I am sure this will help other users who face this issue.

PranavMishra5582, Dec 28, 2015
  3. GarNic Win User
    Windows 10 will not sleep and wakes from sleep

I found this solution
    on hp forum.

It worked for me.

GarNic, Dec 28, 2015
  4. PLCMAN58 Win User

Windows 10 will not sleep

Do you have any game controllers plugged into USB ports? Initially I had a RealFlight USB controller plugged into my computer ands the system would not go to sleep or screen saver activate. I tied every remedy that was posted on these forums and could not find a solution.

I then updated my install of Microsoft Windows 10 Pro to Version 1511 OS Build 10586.36 and now everything works To check the version number hold down the WINDOWS and R at the same time. Type winver in the open dialog box and click OK.

Initially using Microsoft Windows update I was unable to get the 1511 update. I had to force the update by going to the Microsoft site and getting the Windows 10 update again. Be sure to instruct the install program to update your current system. General Warning: BACKUP all files prior to starting the update in case something goes wrong.

Be sure to read the requirements for the Windows 10 update for the amount of free space required. After you complete the update, run the Windows Update application and install any new updates that is finds.

This worked for me.

PLCMAN58, Dec 28, 2015
  5. Thanks for the reply. However I fixed by doing a System Restore.

Jesse Williams, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 will not sleep

1. Windows 10 will not sleep - Similar Threads - sleep

2. Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep: A few times I've gotten a bluescreen after waking up my PC. In one occurrence, I couldn't click or type, but I could move my cursor, until it stopped as well. Wondering if it maybe has something to do with the built in virus protection but I'm unsure.Here is the dump file for...
  3. Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep: A few times I've gotten a bluescreen after waking up my PC. In one occurrence, I couldn't click or type, but I could move my cursor, until it stopped as well. Wondering if it maybe has something to do with the built in virus protection but I'm unsure.Here is the dump file for...
  4. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...: I just bought this secondhand PC and I factory reset it delete files but don't clean drive, download windows from this device, delete windows driver only and left it while it was on the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your computer" phase. When I came back it turns out...
  5. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...: I just bought this secondhand PC and I factory reset it delete files but don't clean drive, download windows from this device, delete windows driver only and left it while it was on the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your computer" phase. When I came back it turns out...
  6. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]: My computer cannot wake up from sleep. Everything is up to date, clean installation of Windows 11 23h2.Here is for the log from event viewer when it happens computer sleep: event viewer logand here is the system configuration: System AMD 3700x...
  8. Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]

Windows cannot wake from sleep [AMD-3700x-windows 11 system]: My computer cannot wake up from sleep. Everything is up to date, clean installation of Windows 11 23h2.Here is for the log from event viewer when it happens computer sleep: event viewer logand here is the system configuration: System AMD 3700x...
  9. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  10. Black screen after sleep mode

Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Universal Orchestrator

2. universal orchestrator idle start