Windows 10: windows 10 will not update

Discus and support windows 10 will not update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys, first post so apologies for any mistakes. For the last few months I have been trying to install a windows update. I install it and restart my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by reddanny2017, Nov 22, 2017.

1. windows 10 will not update

Hey guys, first post so apologies for any mistakes. For the last few months I have been trying to install a windows update. I install it and restart my computer. It says update failed unable to install and then rolls it back. I then leave it and in the end it forces the update having the same effect.

Personally I am not that bothered about having the latest updates but thanks to windows 10 you dont have a choice. What it means for me practically is that when i put my pc on sleep which is what i generally do, I now never know if during sleep mode it will have tried to update again and restarted closing everything I had open.

In terms of windows and updating I am a complete technical novice, so if you could frame your response at someone with the least amount of knowledge needing the most help that would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

:)

reddanny2017, Nov 22, 2017

2. Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, Nov 22, 2017
  3. How to Install Windows 10 on Devices with Limited Space

Even though I have an external device with more than 40 Gb capacity and the assistant recognizes it, it still keeps asking me to free 5 more Gb from the (unit Cwindows 10 will not update :).

I have 3'62 Gb free memory in (Unit Cwindows 10 will not update :). It asks me to free 5'63 Gb more. That'll make a total of 9'25 GB. The assistant needs 9'80 GB free memory to update windows 10 without any external device. Does this mean that my external device will only be used
    for 0'55 GB? Please I don't understant anything. I just want my laptop to work. I'd stay with my actual version but it keeps showing me ads, interrupting my work and deleting random stuff because of uninterruptible random updates. It has already freed 3 GB
    and I dont even know where from.

Thank you.

Update windows 10 error, Nov 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

windows 10 will not update

Hi, which update is it that you're having trouble with?

Please post a screenshot of your Update History.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Then Browse to your image, select it and upload it. E.g. png, jpg. Thanks.

For more guidance
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums Tutorials

What is your current Windows build? Windows key + R, winverPlease try the troubleshooter bottom right:

windows 10 will not update [​IMG]

and advise the outcome.Please also download install and run Minitool Partition Wizard and post a screenshot of your partitions.Thanks.

Note: there are many possible reasons why this might happen, including disk, file system problems, connected peripherals, lack of disk space...

Pleas also state what type of disks you have in your system.
    Do you have Win 10 Home or Pro?

dalchina, Nov 22, 2017
  5. ahem. So after months of frustration and not being able to fix it, I just so happened to delete a rather large game from my hard drive and reinstalled the update once I had space, and its fine.

Thank you so much for the in depth response, its nice to have a simple answer to a problem every now and again!

reddanny2017, Nov 23, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Glad it worked out for you... now if only update failures generated simple and obvious error messages..

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 will not update

1. windows 10 will not update - Similar Threads - update

2. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...
  3. Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643: I am running Windows 10 Update and getting the error 0x80070643.I was trying to follow the instructions in the following thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error0x80070643/e6473fa4-f2d4-42c3-b4be-266b43454306However after completing...
  4. Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643: I am running Windows 10 Update and getting the error 0x80070643.I was trying to follow the instructions in the following thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error0x80070643/e6473fa4-f2d4-42c3-b4be-266b43454306However after completing...
  5. Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.: Hello! When I try to install a program from Microsoft Store it just says: ''Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.'' I've tried troubleshooting the problem but nothing has worked for me. Firstly I ran a quick scan, nothing found.Secondly I...
  7. Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.

Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.: Hello! When I try to install a program from Microsoft Store it just says: ''Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.'' I've tried troubleshooting the problem but nothing has worked for me. Firstly I ran a quick scan, nothing found.Secondly I...
  8. Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows Update will not load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update will not load.: I have Windows 11 installed and have not had any problems over the past 1+ year since I installed it as an upgrade to Windows 10. Since then, about once a month I run Windows Update to check for any updates, and when found, I have always installed them with no trouble....
  10. Windows Update will not load.

Windows Update will not load.: I have Windows 11 installed and have not had any problems over the past 1+ year since I installed it as an upgrade to Windows 10. Since then, about once a month I run Windows Update to check for any updates, and when found, I have always installed them with no trouble....