Windows 10: Windows 10 will only boot in safe mode. (Blue screen error)

Discus and support Windows 10 will only boot in safe mode. (Blue screen error) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi my PC will now only boot in safe mode (blue screen error) it also crashes when safe mode when with network is selected. Is it possible to remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GarryHughes1, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 will only boot in safe mode. (Blue screen error)

Hi my PC will now only boot in safe mode (blue screen error) it also crashes when safe mode when with network is selected. Is it possible to remove the latest update as the problem has only happened since then and I am unable to get any internet access to check for driver updates etc

any advise would be appreciated

thanks

:)

GarryHughes1, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

Windows 10 Blue Screen Of Death Loop

Hi,

Blue screen errors are usually caused by outdated graphics drivers or system performances that can't be handled by it. We'd like to know more information about this issue so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried booting your PC in safe mode? You can refer to this article for the steps on how to boot
      your PC in safe mode.

In the meantime, we suggest that you go to this link and follow the steps to
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Blue screen error in windows 10, "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

Hi Irwinraj,

The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

• Are you able to boot your Computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    If you are able to boot your Computer, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Method 1:

Step 1: Remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the system to Safe mode wherein the computer starts with basic drivers and no third party programs. Check if you are still receiving the error message.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Method 2:

Step 1: If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode then perform a
    Clean Boot to
    check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Step 2: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.
    For more information about Blue screen errors refer to the Microsoft article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Please get back to us with an update on blue screen issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 will only boot in safe mode. (Blue screen error)

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 will only boot in safe mode. (Blue screen error)

1. Windows 10 will only boot in safe mode. (Blue screen error) - Similar Threads - boot safe mode

2. Blue screen loop / safe mode only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen loop / safe mode only: Hello there, randomly out of the blue my windows 10 pc has been saying ' your device has ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you ' then it runs an 'automatic repair' and 'diagnoses my PC' but then redirects me to an automatic repair screen saying my pc...
  3. Blue screen loop / safe mode only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen loop / safe mode only: Hello there, randomly out of the blue my windows 10 pc has been saying ' your device has ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you ' then it runs an 'automatic repair' and 'diagnoses my PC' but then redirects me to an automatic repair screen saying my pc...
  4. Blue screen loop / safe mode only

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 boots only in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 boots only in safe mode: I recently updated my laptop (HP ProBook 6470b) to windows 10. All went well , and I started to install the windows updates (just as everyone does) around a minute or so , the screen goes black. I can see the cursor , but nothing else. The windows also played some sounds. I...
  6. Blue Screen Error + Can't boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error + Can't boot into safe mode: Hi, as of 05/26/2020 my HP Omen 15t laptop crashed shortly after I tried to uninstall Discord to resolve app crashes. Upon the laptop's first crash, I attempted to boot into safe mode to check to see if it was an issue with updates. However, I was launched into an error...
  7. Windows only boots in Safe mode only (Login screen loop)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows only boots in Safe mode only (Login screen loop): Normally, I can figure this out but its my personal computer and my brain doesn't work. Issue: Stuck at Login screen and computer will let me type in password but re-springs and shows the login again. I'm posting this from it right now in Safe mode but this sucks Startup...
  8. Windows 10- Can only boot in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10- Can only boot in Safe Mode: PC working fine this morning, tried it after lunch (about an hour ago), and it boots to a blue screen that says it encountered a problem with startup and will reboot. After 2 tries, it finally comes up in a screen where I can try advanced options; Things I've tried from...
  9. Only able to boot in safe mode; constant blue screens/restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Only able to boot in safe mode; constant blue screens/restarting: The log is attached, and the thread title basically explains the issue. The only way I've been able to start my computer this morning (after some system hangs and general wonkiness last night) without blue screens is via safe mode (luckily with networking). I've tried system...
  10. Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode.: So last night my computer froze, not BSOD, just froze. I had to manually restart as I couldn't open the task manager or anything. When I did that it would get to the Windows splash screen and then the monitor would lose a signal and I'm assuming it froze again. I was able...