Windows 10: Windows 10; Windows Explorer Issue; Debilitated Use of Computer

Discus and support Windows 10; Windows Explorer Issue; Debilitated Use of Computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I've encountered an otherwise completely debilitating problem with Windows Explorer (at least I believe it is part of the issue). As of September... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Xamerzan, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Xamerzan Win User

Windows 10; Windows Explorer Issue; Debilitated Use of Computer

So I've encountered an otherwise completely debilitating problem with Windows Explorer (at least I believe it is part of the issue). As of September 30th, 2016 -- the date of the most recent big update for Windows 10 so I'm told -- my computer starts to go into a state of constant resetting of the screen, taskbar, background, and icons, reloading itself as though I had just logged in again repeatedly and in intervals of 1 sec. between each reset. Loading my computer up and logging in to my desktop is no problem, and all of my saved features and programs are still present, but this constant state of resetting has completely debilitated my ability to use my computer properly.

When I first encountered this problem, I found that I can still access the Task Manager and it wasn't (entirely) debilitated by the issue. After trying to reset my computer, uninstall recently downloaded programs (except for the latest Windows 10 update which attempting to do so seems to be prevented), wipe apps and re-download Windows 10, dust out my computer (including the RAM sticks and their settings), all efforts have so far failed to resolve this issue.

The problem seems to be gone when I was (after some dedicated effort) able to disable Windows Explorer by ending the task in Task Manager, and am able to access some of my programs (Chrome is thankfully on the list of accessible programs) via running a new task in the Manager. I'm unsure of what I should do now and short of taking my computer in to a computer-fixing company (which I cannot afford at this time), I'm stuck. Has anyone encountered this issue, and/or know how to fix it?

:)

Xamerzan, Oct 2, 2016

2. Windows 10; Windows Explorer Issue

So I've encountered an otherwise completely debilitating problem with Windows Explorer (at least I believe it is part of the issue). As of September 30th, 2016 -- the date of the most recent big update for Windows 10 so I'm told -- my computer starts to
    go into a state of constant resetting of the screen, taskbar, background, and icons, reloading itself as though I had just logged in again repeatedly and in intervals of 1 sec. between each reset. Loading my computer up and logging in to my desktop is no problem,
    and all of my saved features and programs are still present, but this constant state of resetting has completely debilitated my ability to use my computer properly.

When I first encountered this problem, I found that I can still access the Task Manager and it wasn't (entirely) debilitated by the issue. After trying to reset my computer, uninstall recently downloaded programs (except for the latest Windows 10 update
    which attempting to do so seems to be prevented), wipe apps and re-download Windows 10, dust out my computer (including the RAM sticks and their settings), all efforts have so far failed to resolve this issue.

The problem seems to be gone when I was (after some dedicated effort) able to disable Windows Explorer by ending the task in Task Manager, and am able to access some of my programs (Chrome is thankfully on the list of accessible programs) via running a new
    task in the Manager. I'm unsure of what I should do now and short of taking my computer in to a computer-fixing company (which I cannot afford at this time), I'm stuck. Has anyone encountered this issue, and/or know how to fix it?

BrennanHodel, Oct 2, 2016
  3. File Explorer crashes, immediately restarts. Also Crashes on system control panel e.t.c.

I have the same issue with File Explorer not opening after recently installing upgrade from Windows 7 to 10.

I tried the CMD instructions that were offered by Akheel Ahmed on Nov. 17 and the problem persists.

There are no error windows. Using various methods to access a file folder window, the result is the same. It will attempt to open the File Explorer window, the screen background goes black for a split second and then screen restores to the same view as previous
    with no file folder/ explorer window.

This issue is debilitating. Please clarify the original CMD instructions or offer another suggestion for a fix.

JeffZupanc, Oct 2, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User

Hi Xamerzan and welcome to the forum. Would be very helpful if you fill up your system specs in your profile as otherwise it's harder to work out what's wrong as well as whether your Win 10 is 32 or 64 bit. Kind of sounds like video drivers problem and if your motherboard has it's own built in graphics try to connect the monitor to that instead of a GPU and see if it helps as a first step

shimshom, Oct 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10; Windows Explorer Issue; Debilitated Use of Computer - Similar Threads - Explorer Issue Debilitated

2. I am using windows 10 file explorer issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am using windows 10 file explorer issue.: In Windows 10 when I open file explorer and scroll down to view files, after a few seconds the folder jumps to the beginning of the folder even if I have hovered over a file? So I have to then scroll back down to the file and within a few seconds I have to select it or the...
  3. I am using windows 10 file explorer issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am using windows 10 file explorer issue.: In Windows 10 when I open file explorer and scroll down to view files, after a few seconds the folder jumps to the beginning of the folder even if I have hovered over a file?Any help really appreciated.Thank you....
  4. I am using windows 10 file explorer issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using windows 10 file explorer issue.: In Windows 10 when I open file explorer and scroll down to view files, after a few seconds the folder jumps to the beginning of the folder even if I have hovered over a file?Any help really appreciated.Thank you....
  5. File explorer issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer issues in Windows 10: I just started having trouble today with my file explorer. I scan in files as a pdf. I then rename them while viewing them in the preview pane. I can no longer see the file in the preview pane after they have been renamed. Screen shot attached....
  6. File explorer issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer issues in Windows 10: I just started having trouble today with my file explorer. I scan in files as a pdf. I then rename them while viewing them in the preview pane. I can no longer see the file in the preview pane after they have been renamed. Screen shot attached....
  7. Windows 10 explorer refreshing issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 explorer refreshing issue: Hello, Newly created folder is appearing only after refresh F5 and it's happeing with Copy,Cut,Paste & Rename functions as well. Tried all the possiblities but nothing helped me out, Any troubleshooting steps that i need to perform to fix this? Regards, Avinash...
  8. Issues using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues using Windows 10: Windows 10 is the worst OS. I have been using Windows since version 3 and was using version 7. I have had nothing but problems with 10 and the display changes and new formats are garbage. Is there any chance of making 7 compatible with new chips or will we have to go to...
  9. windows 10 file explorer issue

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 file explorer issue: I have one small issue. I was using win 7 and got upgraded to win 10 and everything was working fine. I have been using win 10 since August or September 2015. recently the location of the file explorer changed from the left side to the right side and I am not able...
  10. Windows 10 Startup Issue with Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Startup Issue with Windows Explorer: I installed Windows 10 few hrs back. Having issue at startup where it seems windows explorer isn't able to launch properly. Windows 10 refreshing desktop - YouTube I had to kill Windows Explorer through the Task Manager to stop the refreshing. Can anyone point on why...