Windows 10: Windows 10 - Windows Installer keeping program from opening

Discus and support Windows 10 - Windows Installer keeping program from opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the latest Microsoft updates automatically downloaded, I have had an issue with Quickbooks not opening. I get the Windows Installer b=dialog box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JakePresley, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - Windows Installer keeping program from opening

Since the latest Microsoft updates automatically downloaded, I have had an issue with Quickbooks not opening. I get the Windows Installer b=dialog box "Preparing to Install" and it churns for a few minutes and then t churns for a long time, over 10 minutes or so, and then I get the dialog box that it is unable to install. No matter what I click in that box (retry or cancel) it starts over again. The only way to stop the do loop is to cancel Quickbooks from the Task Manager. I have tried reinstalling and was successful until I got to this same point. I have tried running msiexec/unreg to try to unregister and reinstall the Windows Installer, it "cannot find "misexec/unreg"

:)

JakePresley, Aug 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 - Windows Installer keeping program from opening

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Windows Installer keeping program from opening

1. Windows 10 - Windows Installer keeping program from opening - Similar Threads - Installer keeping program

2. Windows 10 Programs not Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Programs not Opening: Whenever I try to open any of the windows 10 inbuilt programs like settings or system it just goes to the blue screen like it's loading the program but never opens. In the event view I get theseError:The program SystemSettings.exe version 10.0.19041.1320 stopped interacting...
  3. Windows 10 Programs not Opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Programs not Opening: Whenever I try to open any of the windows 10 inbuilt programs like settings or system it just goes to the blue screen like it's loading the program but never opens. In the event view I get theseError:The program SystemSettings.exe version 10.0.19041.1320 stopped interacting...
  4. Windows 10 Programs not Opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Programs not opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs not opening in Windows 10: Recently I've come across an issue on Windows 10 where my editing apps aren't working. Earlier this year they were working fine however and now whenever I double click them they have the loading button for a couple of seconds and then nothing happens. I check task manager and...
  6. Programs not opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs not opening in Windows 10: Recently I've come across an issue on Windows 10 where my editing apps aren't working. Earlier this year they were working fine however and now whenever I double click them they have the loading button for a couple of seconds and then nothing happens. I check task manager and...
  7. Programs not opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Installed Programs wont open up - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed Programs wont open up - Windows 10: So, I have this problem in my windows PC that when I try to open *some* installed programs. I mean that they would just not open. I click on the application's exe and nothing would happen, they just don't open up. Currently, I am having this problem with 2 programs: 1....
  9. Programs Not Opening in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs Not Opening in Windows 10: When I switched on my W10 PC this morning, 23rd February, I could not start programs e.g. Chrome, Thunderbird, File Explorer or even Autoroute!, whether from the Task Bar or from the Desktop. All that could be seen to happen was that Night Light went off briefly then...
  10. Keeping programs open

in Windows 10 Support
    Keeping programs open: My granddaughter seen me using my laptop yesterday .If I wish to use a program I double click the desktop icon and it opens up. She told me why don't you just leave the programs you use most of the time just close them down to the task bar so they will open quickly . Would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 initiates windows installer when opening programs