Windows 10: windows 10 Windows Security prompts for user name and password when connecting to wireless...

Discus and support windows 10 Windows Security prompts for user name and password when connecting to wireless... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; this started only about a week ago. It did not do this before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeremyFreeman1, Aug 5, 2018.

1. windows 10 Windows Security prompts for user name and password when connecting to wireless...

this started only about a week ago. It did not do this before

:)

JeremyFreeman1, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Forgot Windows 10 password...

For future reference, there have been reports that this was patched out several weeks back. I found an alternative method doing some registry diving.
    http://winaero.com/blog/reset-windows-10-password-without-using-third-party-tools/

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Forgot Windows 10 password...

Just for future reference, you don't need ntpasswordreset to do this. You just have to boot off the Windows install media(it can even be a Win8 media). Then hit shift+f10 to get a command prompt. Use the command prompt to rename c:/windows/system32/utilman.exe to utilman.bak, then copy cmd.exe to utilman.exe. Reboot into Windows and hit the little easy of access button on the login screen. Enjoy your command prompt with admin level access. You can now use the net user command to reset your password.

This work on UEFI or legacy installs.

newtekie1, Aug 5, 2018
  4. windows 10 Windows Security prompts for user name and password when connecting to wireless...

Windows 10 1511 wireless network key not correct

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your response, we appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

I would suggest that you refer to the steps below on How to find your Network Security key.

• Connect your PC to the router using a network (Ethernet) cable.

• Open a web browser and enter the IP address for your wireless router into the search bar (for example, 192.168.1.1 or 172.16.0.0). You can find the default IP address in the documentation that came with your router.

• Enter the user name and password to open the router settings webpage. Most router documentation contains a default user name and password.

• On the router settings webpage, look for a wireless or wireless settings option. Depending on the router manufacturer, this might be a tab, icon, or option in a task pane.

• On the wireless settings page, look for a security or wireless encryption setting. The security key (sometimes called a network key, a passphrase, or a network password) should be listed nearby.

I would also suggest that you try to reconfigure your wireless connection and check.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 Windows Security prompts for user name and password when connecting to wireless...

1. windows 10 Windows Security prompts for user name and password when connecting to wireless... - Similar Threads - Security prompts user

2. is there a security issue using windows as a user name with no login password. thanks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a security issue using windows as a user name with no login password. thanks: I don’t know if this is an odd question but a friend of my parents setup a new computer for my dad but instead of using my dad’s name for the user he used windows as the user name. I can’t boot to the windows in safe mode and my dad never had a recovery disk and I’m getting...
  3. Windows 10 Prompts Password When There is No Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Prompts Password When There is No Password: Hello, About a month ago, two of my coworkers got new computers. Both of them are logged in with their Office 365 accounts, but neither of them have specific passwords set to log into their computers. Recently, both coworkers have turned their computers on and have been...
  4. Windows 10 Prompts Password When There is No Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Prompts Password When There is No Password: Hello, About a month ago, two of my coworkers got new computers. Both of them are logged in with their Office 365 accounts, but neither of them have specific passwords set to log into their computers. Recently, both coworkers have turned their computers on and have been...
  5. Windows 10 Prompts Password When There is No Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Windows security window: The user name or password is incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security window: The user name or password is incorrect: Hello, Im trying to change some stuff on my computer and Windows security window pops up and asks for verification. What password I need to put in there? Admin password? I have tried many times with my microsoft store password but it does not work. Maybe something is wrong...
  7. windows security password prompt..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows security password prompt..: I recently noticed that Surface that is running windows 10 1909 and I use pin to log in to which how it always been but recent I started get security prompts for the pin when I try to view passwords in Firefox or I launch Thunderbird and few other program that has logins,...
  8. Windows Security password prompt with no password set up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security password prompt with no password set up: When trying to copy a password from Firefox I get the password prompt. I have no password set up as I'm the only user. No password fails the check, my Microsoft password fails the check too. What do I need to enter? submitted by /u/adamski234 [link] [comments]...
  9. Unable to get a user name/ Password prompt in Windows 10 Build 18362.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to get a user name/ Password prompt in Windows 10 Build 18362.: Suddenly found that I can't logon to Windows unless I force the computer to boot in safe mode. Nothing has changed unless a Windows download fix changed something. The computer works fine in Safe Mode. What next?...
  10. user name and password prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    user name and password prompt: mail.comcast.net keeps asking me to enter my user name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/user-name-and-password-prompt/43c75e41-bbcf-4f00-be05-711c9db8ee10