Windows 10: Windows 10 with multiple HDDs

Discus and support Windows 10 with multiple HDDs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; sorry for the silly/stupid questions as i'm a windows newbie. I have windows 10 PC with (4) 3.5 HDDs as Media, Photos, etc...my main OS is on SSD. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by spamjunky18, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Windows 10 with multiple HDDs

sorry for the silly/stupid questions as i'm a windows newbie. I have windows 10 PC with (4) 3.5 HDDs as Media, Photos, etc...my main OS is on SSD. I wanted to know when my main OS SSD set to sleep can i make my other HDDs accessible? example, My Plex is on one of my HDDs and i would like that access that when my computer goes to sleep? I'm pretty sure its a dumb question but i'm very new to IT and don't know how PC works.

:)

spamjunky18, Dec 5, 2017

2. Will i keep my programs and files When i update to Windows 10?

Just as the title suggests if i upgrade to Windows 10 does it delete all my files and i have also made my HDD into "multiple" HDD will Windows 10 change anything?

Thanks in Advance Windows 10 with multiple HDDs :D

VybhavBhargav, Dec 5, 2017
  3. missing OS on HDD after latest Win10 update

thanks anthony

1. yes - windows 10 anniversary update

2. no - i removed HDD and examined using admin tools and found multiple primary partitions on the drive

3. reset RAM and HDD - done no help

key problem is that to do a clean install i need the windows 10 key used by hp to install win10 on the HDD. i have a windows 10 repair DVD but it doesn't help.

jimnall2014, Dec 5, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Windows 10 with multiple HDDs

It might be possible if one of the drives has been set up to Networked and Mapped on other computers to access it but the computer they are attached to has to be running, probably no sleep or hibernation interaction for most reliability.

Reading between the lines I'd presume you'd like other devices to have access to something like Pictures or Music, etc., so to that end I'll relate the way I did it. I have 2 x 2TB HDDs connected by Ethernet cable to my 4-port Router and 8-port Switch setup, can access both through Mapping on Windows, Linux and Mac computers, both Wired and Wireless/Wi-Fi. It resolves any issue for any one computer have to be running. I also have 2 printers set up the same way, inkjet and laserjet.

Berton, Dec 5, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    No, you can't put OS drive to sleep and keep OS running, it needs to be available all the time.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 with multiple HDDs

1. Windows 10 with multiple HDDs - Similar Threads - multiple HDDs

2. I have a caps lock notification whenever i turn on caps lock. ive tried multiple solutions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a caps lock notification whenever i turn on caps lock. ive tried multiple solutions...: It pops up and has a lock with an A. it stays for a few seconds and then fades. Can you guys help me turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-caps-lock-notification-whenever-i-turn-on/7348c123-4948-4e12-b12b-3e9356263ecd
  3. I have a caps lock notification whenever i turn on caps lock. ive tried multiple solutions...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a caps lock notification whenever i turn on caps lock. ive tried multiple solutions...: It pops up and has a lock with an A. it stays for a few seconds and then fades. Can you guys help me turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-caps-lock-notification-whenever-i-turn-on/7348c123-4948-4e12-b12b-3e9356263ecd
  4. How can i mute all incoming messages from multiple apps SAME TIME when i play games for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i mute all incoming messages from multiple apps SAME TIME when i play games for...: Here is idea. I have opend Telegram, Discord, Steam, Battle.net - same time I want to work at project or to play a game. How i can "1 click" disable all notification from these apps. Only manual each one by one?I Know Windows 11 have button "dont bother" or smth like this in...
  5. The disc optimizer tool is still optimizing HDDs and SSDs multiple times a day every day...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The disc optimizer tool is still optimizing HDDs and SSDs multiple times a day every day...: can you fucking fix this already ? submitted by /u/PandaWorgenVulpera [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k1c107/the_disc_optimizer_tool_is_still_optimizing_hdds/
  6. I failed installing a SSD and swapping out multiple HDDs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I failed installing a SSD and swapping out multiple HDDs.: It all started out a project I was sure I could handle. I wanted to install an SSD with a clean Windows 10 x64 install as my boot drive. Then I wanted to swap out my full 2TB HDDs for new 5TB ones. As I got into it, I couldn't get the SDD to boot, then Windows Explorer...
  7. I failed installing a SSD and swapping out multiple HDDs.

in Windows 10 Support
    I failed installing a SSD and swapping out multiple HDDs.: It all started out a project I was sure I could handle. I wanted to install an SSD with a clean Windows 10 x64 install as my boot drive. Then I wanted to swap out my full 2TB HDDs for new 5TB ones. As I got into it, I couldn't get the SDD to boot, then Windows Explorer...
  8. how to setup a brand new win pc with multiple hdds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to setup a brand new win pc with multiple hdds: I bought a brand new win 10 pc pre install with an ssd and a hdd, can I choose which drive i can install windows on ?...
  9. how to setup a brand new win pc with multiple hdds

how to setup a brand new win pc with multiple hdds: how to setup a brand new win 10 pc with multiple hdds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-setup-a-brand-new-win-pc-with-multiple-hdds/ecefe643-4cfb-4df7-b771-0a91856f07ed
  10. how to setup a brand new win pc with multiple hdds

how to setup a brand new win pc with multiple hdds: how to setup a brand new win pc with multiple hdds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-setup-a-brand-new-win-pc-with-multiple-hdds/e019489a-f026-492e-bada-614c81842a8b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple hdds windows