Windows 10: Windows 10 won't accept Product Key from Arvato supplied Windows 8 Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 won't accept Product Key from Arvato supplied Windows 8 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased the $40 Cdn copy of Windows 8 Pro that Microsoft offered when 8 first was coming out. It was fulfilled by Arvato Digital Services, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnnyD, Aug 8, 2015.

1. JohnnyD Win User

Windows 10 won't accept Product Key from Arvato supplied Windows 8 Pro

I purchased the $40 Cdn copy of Windows 8 Pro that Microsoft offered when 8 first was coming out. It was fulfilled by Arvato Digital Services, a company that Microsoft uses for these purposes. That product key activated fine and was upgraded to Windows 8.1

I am now trying to upgrade to Windows 10 and it refuses to accept the product key I was supplied. I tried to back out of the install and even with the memory stick removed it still tries to continue the install. I've tried both a clean install and an upgrade and it keeps rejecting the product key.

Has anyone run into this before and if so what might be the fix?
    Thanks.

:)

JohnnyD, Aug 8, 2015

2. Use Old Windows license for Win 10

Currently I own a Windows 10 Home edition laptop. However due to my specific requirements I need a pro version. Can I use Windows7 Pro/Windows8 Pro product key after buying it from amazon to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro (By changing the
    product key to that supplied by vendor for Windows 7 Pro/Windows 8 Pro.

I don't wish to install Win 7 Pro/Win 8 Pro and upgrade again cause that will be a tedious process and the end results are the same.

rahulanand21, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade to Pro

Hi Andre,

This is the product key that came with my Windows 8 Pro version. When I installed Windows 10 'Microsoft' accepted this as my Windows 10 Pro key.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Roger

RogerKimberley-Scott, Aug 8, 2015
  4. otisdog Win User

You must do the upgrade first - do not put any key in at all. Hit the bypass [skip]. If your 8.1 is activated then sometime after you get 10 installed it will activate . Once that gets activated you can then do a clean install. The license will be tied to your computer hardware.
    Jim

otisdog, Aug 8, 2015
  5. cyberSAR Win User
    Upgrade 8.1 first. It should activate - check to make sure. Then clean install. Do not enter a product key click skip.

cyberSAR, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    run the setup.exe from within your current windows 8.1 OS to perform an UPGRADE

Kyhi, Aug 8, 2015
  7. JohnnyD Win User
    This computer has had 8 and then 8.1 running on it since both were released. I did not get the upgrade to Windows 10 icon on any of my 7 computers, so I downloaded the Win 10 installer packages and wrote them to memory sticks using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool. I have used this USB memory stick installer to run the upgrade on 4 of my computers without a problem, but on this computer, the only one with the $40 Windows Pro Arvato supplied Windows 8 package, I have this problem. When I try to install it wants the product key but then says it can't validate it.

JohnnyD, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Kyhi Win User

verify it is Pro and not Home
    Only other reason, can think of why asking for key and not activating upgrade..

Pro download - Pro upgrade
    Home download - Home upgrade

Here is the MS download for the retail version (contain both Home and Pro - unlike media tool, that only downloads either, or)
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Kyhi, Aug 8, 2015
  9. JohnnyD Win User
    After 3 restarts without the memory stick it went back into setup and continued without asking for validation. It is just in the final stages now of finishing up. I checked System and it shows Windows 10 Pro and it is activated. Haven't seen anything like this on any other install. I wonder if it was whatever mechanism MS uses to validate keys went down for a while? At any rate, it seems to be fine now. Thanks for assistance.

JohnnyD, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't accept Product Key from Arvato supplied Windows 8 Pro - Similar Threads - won't accept Product

2. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Product Key not accepted: We have a client using a Windows 10 Surface, purchased some years ago.The windows installation is asking for its activation key, which is not currently known, we have tried the following:CMD: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey -> This gives a key...
  3. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Product Key not accepted: We have a client using a Windows 10 Surface, purchased some years ago.The windows installation is asking for its activation key, which is not currently known, we have tried the following:CMD: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey -> This gives a key...
  4. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 won't accept my new product key

Windows 10 won't accept my new product key: After a hard drive crash, I purchased a new drive and a new license for Windows 10 pro from Amazon. My system was previously the Home edition. I installed the new copy of Windows using the USB drive per instructions. After installation I am seeing that my system is still the...
  6. windows 10 will not accept product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 will not accept product key: I purchased windows 10 for a computer that I had owned. I replaced the computer and reloaded windows 10 into the new computer. Windows 10 will not accept the product key that came with the software...
  7. Product Key won't be accepted

Product Key won't be accepted: I recently had a crash on my computer from which my Hard Drive could not recover. As a result I lost Windows 10 and all programs on that Hard Drive. I am now trying to fix my computer. I have installed Windows 7 using my old install disk but cannot upgrade back to Windows 10...
  8. Win 10 Pro product key not accepted

Win 10 Pro product key not accepted: I purchased a new laptop with Win 10 Home digital license. At the same time I purchased a Win 10 Pro update disk. When I try to change product key under Activation, the product key is not accepted. "The product key you entered didn't work"....
  9. Windows 10 won't accept key

Windows 10 won't accept key: I have removed and reinstalled Windows 10 on my iMac (running Catalina) running Parallels. I had to delete it several times after the update to Catalina as several functions, the most important being it wouldn't recognize my printer, were not working. After the forth time...
  10. Windows not accepting product key

Windows not accepting product key: Hello, I seem to be having a problem activating windows 10 on my HP laptop. I bought the laptop a few years ago with windows 8.1 and upgraded it to windows 10 as soon as I got it out of the box. Everything seemed to be ok but the last 12 months or so I keep getting a message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 home wont accept pro key