Windows 10: Windows 10 won't activate on my new PC

Discus and support Windows 10 won't activate on my new PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey all, So, I recently built a new PC. After looking online, it seemed that all I had to do to move my Windows 10 Pro license across, was to link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ConnorLally, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 won't activate on my new PC

Hey all,

So, I recently built a new PC. After looking online, it seemed that all I had to do to move my Windows 10 Pro license across, was to link it to my Microsoft account on my old PC, then sign in with the same account on the new PC, and viola.

Well, I tried that. The license shows as being linked to my Microsoft account, but when I try to activate my new PC, it doesn't show up in the list of PCs to activate, only my old one does.

My copy of Windows 10 was redeemed from the free upgrade, a few months after which I then purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

This is driving me round the twist, as nothing I do seems to be able to get it to work. I don't particularly want to buy a new copy of Windows, since I already paid for the Pro upgrade.

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Connor

:)

ConnorLally, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 13, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 13, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Windows 10 won't activate on my new PC

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 won't activate on my new PC

1. Windows 10 won't activate on my new PC - Similar Threads - won't activate

2. I have computer with windows 8.1. I have new activation key for windows 11, but it won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have computer with windows 8.1. I have new activation key for windows 11, but it won't...: I have computer with windows 8.1. I have new activation key for windows 11, but it won't accept key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-computer-with-windows-81-i-have-new/8ad138b6-90a3-4c64-96c0-79d58282c546
  3. I have computer with windows 8.1. I have new activation key for windows 11, but it won't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have computer with windows 8.1. I have new activation key for windows 11, but it won't...: I have computer with windows 8.1. I have new activation key for windows 11, but it won't accept key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-computer-with-windows-81-i-have-new/8ad138b6-90a3-4c64-96c0-79d58282c546
  4. My Windows 10 activates fine but won't save activation status

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows 10 activates fine but won't save activation status: My Windows 10 activates fine but a few hours or days later gets the watermark back it is not activated. Why won't it save the actiuvation?I have tried activating with the activate button, license key and troubleshooter and all work to activate but the watermark keeps coming...
  5. My Windows 10 activates fine but won't save activation status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 activates fine but won't save activation status: My Windows 10 activates fine but a few hours or days later gets the watermark back it is not activated. Why won't it save the actiuvation?I have tried activating with the activate button, license key and troubleshooter and all work to activate but the watermark keeps coming...
  6. My Windows 10 activates fine but won't save activation status

7. My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC: Hi, I bought a Windows 7 CD that comes with the product key and have been using it without problem for 10+ years.I just built a new PC and connected my SSD with the Windows installed Windows 10 - free upgrade from the product key I own with Win 7 purchase. Now it says to...
  8. My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC

My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC: Hi, I bought a Windows 7 CD that comes with the product key and have been using it without problem for 10+ years.I just built a new PC and connected my SSD with the Windows installed Windows 10 - free upgrade from the product key I own with Win 7 purchase. Now it says to...
  9. My Windows Product Key Won't Activate on My New PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Why won't my valid copy of windows server 2016 activate. Full retail version on NEW hard drive

Why won't my valid copy of windows server 2016 activate. Full retail version on NEW hard drive: i had to replace my hard drives on my system running Windows Server 2016. I purchased a retail version of this software. After installing it won't activate & the trouble shooter won't work. how do I get this VALID version to activate?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont activate on new pc

2. windows 10 wonty activate on new computer