Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot after failed update - reboot loop / circle

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot after failed update - reboot loop / circle in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I had automatic update on my Windows 10 machine. I snoozed it for later all day and left the house. When I got back computer was unresponsive so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by yoavz, Jun 9, 2018.

1. yoavz Win User

Windows 10 won't boot after failed update - reboot loop / circle

Hi,

I had automatic update on my Windows 10 machine. I snoozed it for later all day and left the house. When I got back computer was unresponsive so I rebooted it.
    Then it was stuck on reboot loop. Windows logo + rolling dots for a couple of seconds and then reboot.

After trying automatic boot repair from Windows that failed I tried some manual steps.
    1. Chkdsk
    2. sfc /scannow

Still same issue

When booting Windows media it says something in the spirit of "it looks like you were in the middle of an upgrade, do you want clean install or continue?". That led me to believe that it's failed "stuck" upgrade.

Then after reading here a bit I found an option to remove the pending actions using DISM. After removing the latest update + remove pending actions it's now stuck on infinite rolling dots.

Automatic repair error log shows:
    Name: Disk metadata test
    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x32

Please advise. I'm doing anything I can do avoid re-install.

Thanks

:)

yoavz, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Jun 11, 2018
  3. System stuck with loading circle in reboot loop on Windows 10

Hi Joey,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code as the computer stuck at reboot loop?
    • What exactly were you trying to perform prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

As a workaround I suggest you to unplug all the external devices connected to your computer, hard reboot the device and check with the status of this issue.

If the issue persists, try the troubleshooting steps below as the boot files of current operating system might been corrupted.

I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO file, create an installation media from other working computer to perform Startup Repair of the computer that you are unable to boot.

Using ISO file to perform Startup Repair will allow the device to boot the system to Windows Recovery Environment and tries to repair the device.

Step 1:
    I suggest you to try Startup Repairing the Windows and check if it helps.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link: Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool” in the above article for creating the tool).

Step 2: After creating the tool perform Startup Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Startup Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Startup Repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Startup Repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of booting the operating system to desktop from rebooting loop. We will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot after failed update - reboot loop / circle

1. Windows 10 won't boot after failed update - reboot loop / circle - Similar Threads - won't boot failed

2. Reboot loop after update fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot loop after update fail: Hello everybody ,I hope you are doing fine.It's been a couple of days and I can not go throught with my update. The system reboots again and again until it just undoes the changes....
  3. Reboot loop after update fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reboot loop after update fail: Hello everybody ,I hope you are doing fine.It's been a couple of days and I can not go throught with my update. The system reboots again and again until it just undoes the changes....
  4. Stuck in boot loop after failed updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop after failed updates: ASUS GL10 / Windows 11About 4-5 days ago I performed a scheduled Windows Update as well as an ASUS Firmware update. On restart after update, the pc failed to boot and would loop into a blue screen reading there was a crash. I booted into troubleshoot with F12, tried to delete...
  5. Stuck in boot loop after failed updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in boot loop after failed updates: ASUS GL10 / Windows 11About 4-5 days ago I performed a scheduled Windows Update as well as an ASUS Firmware update. On restart after update, the pc failed to boot and would loop into a blue screen reading there was a crash. I booted into troubleshoot with F12, tried to delete...
  6. PC boot loop after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boot loop after reboot: I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that, the PC boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze, and then rebooted and did the same. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. PC boot loop after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boot loop after reboot: I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that, the PC boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze, and then rebooted and did the same. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. Reboot loop after failed windows update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reboot loop after failed windows update.: My PC started an automatic update recently but it failed half way through and now it won't start up. After the windows logo appears the dots appear underneath and cycle for some time afterwards the screen goes blank then two screens reading 'attempting to recover your...
  9. Computer Stuck In Reboot Loop After Failed Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Stuck In Reboot Loop After Failed Windows 10 Update: I had a Windows 10 update on my computer yesterday and it couldn't complete fully. After, it was stuck on a blank screen, so I shut the power off on my computer. This caused my computer to restart over and over again. It will show the windows logo then showing on my screen...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot after a "failed" update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot after a "failed" update.: I have encountered several machines that simply stopped booting after an automatic update attempt. I spent 3 days trying to fix the first one and decided to do a clean install on the others. The problem seems to be related to hibernation during the update process - Linux...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. updated windows 10 but the updates wont load boot loop

2. computer wont boot after installing last update boot loop

3. windows phone wont boot after update

4. windows 10 update failed boot loop,
  5. windows 10 update failed wont boot,
  6. device in reboot loop after 1803 failed upgrade,
  7. lenovo destop wont reboot after windows 10 update,
  8. windows 10 boot normally after failed update,
  9. wondows 10 boot loop fix startup,
  10. my computer wont boot up after using a virtual machine